Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 78
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,742

    Re: Do you really want the Biscuit to step in?



    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    you seriously think they're going to fire coaches mid-season of a 9-3 team that's been to two AFCC recently? wow
    I don't think anyone is really suggesting that. It's more of someone saying that will they step in and tell Harbaugh that Cam needs to go, when the seasons over.
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin




  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,307
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Do you really want the Biscuit to step in?

    Quote Originally Posted by RavensQB View Post
    What was the Ravens record when Jim Fassil was let go?

    4-2
    LOL

    4-2 is REALLY close to 9-3...




  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    609

    Re: Do you really want the Biscuit to step in?

    Cam will not be fired at this point in the season. We just need to find ways to put laxatives in his coffee on game days to keep him in the bathroom until the game is over. Harbaugh is not going anywhere so save your breath (and/or your typing fingers).




  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Right Where I need to be
    Posts
    1,573

    Re: Do you really want the Biscuit to step in?

    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    LOL

    4-2 is REALLY close to 9-3...
    That was not the point. Put your grind axe the FK away...

    LOL




  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Calvert County
    Posts
    2,850
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Do you really want the Biscuit to step in?

    I would prefer Bisciotti not get involved, I don't believe owners should be making decisions like that other than the HC and GM. It is rarely a good thing when owners start doing things like that, see Jerry Jones, Napoleon in DC, etc.

    Besides, and I'm not advocating this, or hoping it happens, but if Harbaugh won't let Cam go, for whatever reason that may be, he will dig his own grave. Sure, they may continue to have 10-12 win seasons, but at some point they have to get over the hump and win that championship or else Bisciotti is going to be making that decision not about Cameron's job, but about Harbaugh's.




  6. #21

    Re: Do you really want the Biscuit to step in?

    They will never fire Cam midseason. When Billick fired Fassell midseason it was a bold move, and another reason that this team would have been better off keeping Billick. Billick wasn't going to pop some other guy in during the middle of the season and put all of that pressure on a new coordinator. Billick took over the job himself. Harbaugh is not capable of doing that. He doesn't know anything about running an offense or defense. It would be incredibly unfair to Caldwell to throw him in at the tail end of the season and expect major changes. Everyone with eyes knew that this past offseason was the time to fire Cam. His contract was even up. Last year the excuse was the lockout. This season there was no excuse.




  7. #22

    Re: Do you really want the Biscuit to step in?

    By embarrased I really meant to say that the Ravens are going to lose the next four games and basically Biscotti will be embarrased by the results and as a result compelled to do something about it. I really hope I'm wrong - but I can't see the Ravens putting up wins against these teams (even the Redskins)

    When you consider the fact that the Ravens have only had three or four solid offensive performances all year you begin to doubt their ability against young agressive teams. They only put up three field goals against the Chiefs in KC. They didn't score an offensive touchdown in San Diego. The barely beat Cleveland in the second game and they barely beat Pittsburgh in Pittsburgh. What makes anyone think that the Ravens can win any of their remaining games.

    They are going to need to prove me wrong before I believe again. This is a bad team and the worst is yet to come. What will come however is the REAL MUTINY!

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    I don't see the Redskins or the Bengals being able to embarrass the Ravens. However, the Broncos and the Giants games could get ugly. If Charlie Batch could do what he did to the Ravens defense, then the Mannings could both have big days, especially if Suggs has a significant injury.




  8. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Balmer Merlin Hon
    Posts
    3,676
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Do you really want the Biscuit to step in?

    At the very least I'd like Bisciotti to sit down with Harbaugh right now (if not sooner) & say something like this:


    John, I know you think the surest route to the postseason is by playing low-risk football, and it's served us well over the last few years. You don't have to remind me how close we came to going to the Super Bowl last January.

    But from what I've seen, we don't have the personnel for that to be a winning formula for the rest of this season. After all the injuries, our players are not better than our opponents' and they are on the whole not as talented. Our plays and formations are being read like a book and every adjustment our coordinators make is slow to materialize, easily anticipated & quickly neutralized.

    We're lucky to be in a position where one more win will almost surely get us into the playoffs. But without a bit of luck, we could easily lose them all. Every one of our future opponents is a playoff-caliber team. Even if through some quirk in the standings we still got to play in January, I can't imagine any Ravens fan who would be happy to limp into the playoffs on a 5-game losing streak, or expect anything but disappointment once we did. I sure wouldn't. And while it's possible for one or more of the remaining games to fall into our laps & punch our ticket, backing in by a fluke would be almost as distasteful, & it's unreliable as well. We've already had a big helping of good luck this year.

    I and I think most Ravens fans would rather see us go down with guns blazing than to crabcrawl into the postseason & a probable exit in the first round.

    Now is the time to open things up & trust your players to make plays. If they can't, we need to know that going forward. It's time to start taking measured risks even though it's not how you'd rather play. And if your coordinators have any plans or plays in their back pockets they've been saving for the playoffs, it's time to think about taking them out & using them, because if we don't leave it all out on the field in December we may never get to January.

    If you think this is wrong, then tell me what you think is the right plan. I'd be happy if you can convince me there's a better alternative available.




    (Yeah, I wrote another book. It's not a bug, it's a feature--get used to it.)




  9. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    where my head touches the pillow
    Posts
    7,202
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Do you really want the Biscuit to step in?

    they should at this point , thiS play not to lose shit is down right fucking ridiculous, this shit has to get some people fired how the fuck does piss pees not blitz a 38yr old QB? you have your corners playing 15yrd off the fucking ball? Pees should be fired after that bullshit, fuck even mattison did better than that. Then you got killa cam yeeeaahhhhhh!!! fuck him he needs to go this fucking loss was embarassing to say the least A 38YR OLD FUCKING QB WHO CAN'T THROW SHIT OVER 20YRDS???? SOMEONE SHOULD BE MADE AN EXAMPLE FOR THIS BULLSHIT.




  10. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    16,038
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Do you really want the Biscuit to step in?

    There is a reason why Steve pays Ozzie big money to run the team. I hate the idea of the owner stepping in on decisions about assistant coaches. The GM though is a different story. Ozzie is a expert. He should be stepping in if he thinks something is wrong. And at this point it's too late for this season. It should be a post season move.
    He Who Dares.....Wins




  11. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Hazzard County
    Posts
    1,347

    Re: Do you really want the Biscuit to step in?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    they should at this point , thiS play not to lose shit is down right fucking ridiculous, this shit has to get some people fired how the fuck does piss pees not blitz a 38yr old QB? you have your corners playing 15yrd off the fucking ball? Pees should be fired after that bullshit, fuck even mattison did better than that. Then you got killa cam yeeeaahhhhhh!!! fuck him he needs to go this fucking loss was embarassing to say the least A 38YR OLD FUCKING QB WHO CAN'T THROW SHIT OVER 20YRDS???? SOMEONE SHOULD BE MADE AN EXAMPLE FOR THIS BULLSHIT.
    Can't say I disagree.




  12. #27

    Re: Do you really want the Biscuit to step in?

    Quote Originally Posted by RavensQB View Post
    What was the Ravens record when Jim Fassil was let go?

    4-2
    Fassel's dismissal was less about what was happening on the field and more about the fact that he was out partying too much and spending too much time on the phone worrying about trying to get another HC gig. He simply wasn't putting in the requisite time necessary to be OC and it showed - and the other coaches - especially the coaches on the D - were very unhappy about it.

    Had it had only to do with the performance on the field - like it had been with Cavanaugh - I doubt Billick would have fired him.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

    Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap




  13. #28

    Re: Do you really want the Biscuit to step in?

    Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    At the very least I'd like Bisciotti to sit down with Harbaugh right now (if not sooner) & say something like this:


    John, I know you think the surest route to the postseason is by playing low-risk football, and it's served us well over the last few years. You don't have to remind me how close we came to going to the Super Bowl last January.

    But from what I've seen, we don't have the personnel for that to be a winning formula for the rest of this season. After all the injuries, our players are not better than our opponents' and they are on the whole not as talented. Our plays and formations are being read like a book and every adjustment our coordinators make is slow to materialize, easily anticipated & quickly neutralized.

    We're lucky to be in a position where one more win will almost surely get us into the playoffs. But without a bit of luck, we could easily lose them all. Every one of our future opponents is a playoff-caliber team. Even if through some quirk in the standings we still got to play in January, I can't imagine any Ravens fan who would be happy to limp into the playoffs on a 5-game losing streak, or expect anything but disappointment once we did. I sure wouldn't. And while it's possible for one or more of the remaining games to fall into our laps & punch our ticket, backing in by a fluke would be almost as distasteful, & it's unreliable as well. We've already had a big helping of good luck this year.

    I and I think most Ravens fans would rather see us go down with guns blazing than to crabcrawl into the postseason & a probable exit in the first round.

    Now is the time to open things up & trust your players to make plays. If they can't, we need to know that going forward. It's time to start taking measured risks even though it's not how you'd rather play. And if your coordinators have any plans or plays in their back pockets they've been saving for the playoffs, it's time to think about taking them out & using them, because if we don't leave it all out on the field in December we may never get to January.

    If you think this is wrong, then tell me what you think is the right plan. I'd be happy if you can convince me there's a better alternative available.




    (Yeah, I wrote another book. It's not a bug, it's a feature--get used to it.)
    I think that kind of input is too meddling for an owner. All the owner needs to say to Harbaugh is, "This level of play is not sufficient. Fix it!". Then you sit back and see how he reacts. Harbaugh is much more likely to blame players than coordinators. Hell, the guy gives his coordinators game balls pretty regularly.




  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Right Where I need to be
    Posts
    1,573

    Re: Do you really want the Biscuit to step in?

    Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    Fassel's dismissal was less about what was happening on the field and more about the fact that he was out partying too much and spending too much time on the phone worrying about trying to get another HC gig. He simply wasn't putting in the requisite time necessary to be OC and the other coaches - especially the coaches on the D - were very unhappy about it.

    Had it had only to do with the performance on the field - like it had been with Cavanaugh - I doubt Billick would have fired him.
    Hmmm Really?

    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2629319




  15. #30

    Re: Do you really want the Biscuit to step in?

    Quote Originally Posted by Purpleguy View Post
    I'm hearing a lot of talk from fans about having Bisciotti or Ozzie step in and fire Cam and Pees. I have always come from the school of thought that says that head coaches should get to choose their own coordinators, and they should live and die with those choices. Cam is going on his third season of showing absolute ineptitude. It is quite obvious that Harbaugh has no intention of firing the guy. We have an o-line coach that you could make an easy case for firing him based on performance, but sadly, you have a slam dunk reason to fire him based on behavior. Harbaugh is not capable of pulling the trigger and firing a fellow coach, and it's a problem. It is not the owner's job to do that for him, and it could be detrimental to the team for an owner to do that. Owner's have egos, and sometimes when they make the right call it goes to their heads. The death of the Orioles happened when Angelos made one good call by overriding Gillick on trading Bonilla. After that Pete thought he knew more than the baseball guys.

    The bottom line is that if Harbaugh can't see, or refuses to accept, that these guys are holding the team back, then Harbaugh is actually holding the team back.
    Bisciotti is Cam's biggest fan. If he hasn't fired him over the last four years, he never will. Playing not to lose and hoping for good defense is how Bisciotti wants it. He doesn't want an exposive offense.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland