Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Re: Do you really want the Biscuit to step in?

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    Bisciotti let Billick stand by Cavanaugh because he felt the HC should make those decisions. In the end, though, it was probably one of the several factors that help lead to Billick's dismissal.

It may well be the same with Harbaugh if he doesn't cut bait this time.
    You have to wonder though if Matt Cavanaugh wasn't the problem an maybe, say Kyle Boller was...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Sorry ESMD, but at this point, firing Cam and letting Caldwell and Flacco come up with any game plan is better than letting Cam damage this team's record anymore. This isn't going to get better or fix itself.
    :word

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Sorry ESMD, but at this point, firing Cam and letting Caldwell and Flacco come up with any game plan is better than letting Cam damage this team's record anymore. This isn't going to get better or fix itself.
    Who knows...you may be right. I doubt it, but that could be true. Ain't gonna happen though.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by saintmatthew View Post
    You have to wonder though if Matt Cavanaugh wasn't the problem an maybe, say Kyle Boller was...
    Isn't Cavanaugh the OC for the Jets? Sanchez has regressed badly this year, so that would mean that either Sanchez was never that good either, or that Cavanaugh couldn't develop two first round pick QBs.

Blog Entries

that really worked out for NO didnt it? Having no OC and allowing your Elite QB (which Flacco isnt) to run the offense, and a highly talented team/scheme at that, led to a lot of wins.

I think if we were going to fire him, after houston would have been the latest to do it. 4 games left and in playoff position, all we can do now is cross our fingers and hope for the best this season and that he finally gets canned afterwards.
    -JAB

Bisciotti is not going to do anything until the off-season. These last few weeks and (hopefully) the playoffs will have as much (or more) impact on people's fates (players and coaches) as to what has happened up to now.

And I know nobody wants to hear this, but with that defense, I wasn't exactly bullish on our SB chances anyway. Anything can happen, and still can, but with the guys we're running out there every week, even if the offense was doing well, it would still be a long shot. This season has been a struggle from the start with offseason losses, injuries to key players, some young players regressing (Cody, McPhee, Jimmy Smith, etc). This offseason will be a big one. They need to make some tough choices, hope some of these young guys step up, and again, a good draft is vital. They've had some misses recently.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Quote Originally Posted by saintmatthew View Post
    Cavanaugh was the OC for 4 (mediocre to bad) years before Boller arrived.

He and Boller were together for only 3 years (of which Boller started only 16 games).
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    Cavanaugh was the OC for 4 (mediocre to bad) years before Boller arrived.

He and Boller were together for only 3 years (of which Boller started only 16 games).

Is there any way we can swap Cam Cameron with Kevin Gilbride?

10. Re: Do you really want the Biscuit to step in?

One thing that has bothered me is the defensive play this season. I never thought we'd see such terrible defensive play. I understand that a new DC is in and we've had a lot of injuries, key guys who are out or playing through stuff. The most frustrating thing however is that it feels almost like we have neglected that side of the ball and instead have tried to build this dynamite offense through the draft and FA. We also have had some misses lately too which obviously hasn't helped. Pitt still has a pretty strong defense, other teams like SF and Houston have strong defenses. The even more frustrating part is that we don't have a dynamite offense. We're right where we usually are, in the middle of the pack. I think we have built a talented offense, but we just don't have the driver to guide it.

So now, we have not as talented of a defense with an offense that hasn't displayed a whole lot with the talent it has. I hope we can really restock defensively and get back to playing Ravens defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    they should at this point , thiS play not to lose shit is down right fucking ridiculous, this shit has to get some people fired how the fuck does piss pees not blitz a 38yr old QB? you have your corners playing 15yrd off the fucking ball? Pees should be fired after that bullshit, fuck even mattison did better than that. Then you got killa cam yeeeaahhhhhh!!! fuck him he needs to go this fucking loss was embarassing to say the least A 38YR OLD FUCKING QB WHO CAN'T THROW SHIT OVER 20YRDS???? SOMEONE SHOULD BE MADE AN EXAMPLE FOR THIS BULLSHIT.
    I like a man who can express himself and capture the feelings we were all having while watching that craptacular excuse for a defense. Not blitzing batch was inexcusable. both co-ordinators have to go.

Quote Originally Posted by eddiepoe View Post
    both co-ordinators have to go.
    I don't see that happening. I think Newsome/Harbaugh would see that as too much change.

Besides, I think Pees should get another chance to see what he can do with a (hopefully) healthy Suggs, healthy Ngata, healthy Webb and healthy Jimmy Smith.