Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Do you really want the Biscuit to step in?

There is a reason why Steve pays Ozzie big money to run the team. I hate the idea of the owner stepping in on decisions about assistant coaches. The GM though is a different story. Ozzie is a expert. He should be stepping in if he thinks something is wrong. And at this point it's too late for this season. It should be a post season move.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    they should at this point , thiS play not to lose shit is down right fucking ridiculous, this shit has to get some people fired how the fuck does piss pees not blitz a 38yr old QB? you have your corners playing 15yrd off the fucking ball? Pees should be fired after that bullshit, fuck even mattison did better than that. Then you got killa cam yeeeaahhhhhh!!! fuck him he needs to go this fucking loss was embarassing to say the least A 38YR OLD FUCKING QB WHO CAN'T THROW SHIT OVER 20YRDS???? SOMEONE SHOULD BE MADE AN EXAMPLE FOR THIS BULLSHIT.
    Can't say I disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensQB View Post
    What was the Ravens record when Jim Fassil was let go?

4-2
    Fassel's dismissal was less about what was happening on the field and more about the fact that he was out partying too much and spending too much time on the phone worrying about trying to get another HC gig. He simply wasn't putting in the requisite time necessary to be OC and it showed - and the other coaches - especially the coaches on the D - were very unhappy about it.

Had it had only to do with the performance on the field - like it had been with Cavanaugh - I doubt Billick would have fired him.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    At the very least I'd like Bisciotti to sit down with Harbaugh right now (if not sooner) & say something like this:

John, I know you think the surest route to the postseason is by playing low-risk football, and it's served us well over the last few years. You don't have to remind me how close we came to going to the Super Bowl last January.

But from what I've seen, we don't have the personnel for that to be a winning formula for the rest of this season. After all the injuries, our players are not better than our opponents' and they are on the whole not as talented. Our plays and formations are being read like a book and every adjustment our coordinators make is slow to materialize, easily anticipated & quickly neutralized.

We're lucky to be in a position where one more win will almost surely get us into the playoffs. But without a bit of luck, we could easily lose them all. Every one of our future opponents is a playoff-caliber team. Even if through some quirk in the standings we still got to play in January, I can't imagine any Ravens fan who would be happy to limp into the playoffs on a 5-game losing streak, or expect anything but disappointment once we did. I sure wouldn't. And while it's possible for one or more of the remaining games to fall into our laps & punch our ticket, backing in by a fluke would be almost as distasteful, & it's unreliable as well. We've already had a big helping of good luck this year.

I and I think most Ravens fans would rather see us go down with guns blazing than to crabcrawl into the postseason & a probable exit in the first round.

Now is the time to open things up & trust your players to make plays. If they can't, we need to know that going forward. It's time to start taking measured risks even though it's not how you'd rather play. And if your coordinators have any plans or plays in their back pockets they've been saving for the playoffs, it's time to think about taking them out & using them, because if we don't leave it all out on the field in December we may never get to January.

If you think this is wrong, then tell me what you think is the right plan. I'd be happy if you can convince me there's a better alternative available.

(Yeah, I wrote another book. It's not a bug, it's a feature--get used to it.)
    I think that kind of input is too meddling for an owner. All the owner needs to say to Harbaugh is, "This level of play is not sufficient. Fix it!". Then you sit back and see how he reacts. Harbaugh is much more likely to blame players than coordinators. Hell, the guy gives his coordinators game balls pretty regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    Fassel's dismissal was less about what was happening on the field and more about the fact that he was out partying too much and spending too much time on the phone worrying about trying to get another HC gig. He simply wasn't putting in the requisite time necessary to be OC and the other coaches - especially the coaches on the D - were very unhappy about it.

Had it had only to do with the performance on the field - like it had been with Cavanaugh - I doubt Billick would have fired him.
    Hmmm Really?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2629319

Not bad for a RUNNING BACK!!! Now that is funny.
    #FIREROMAN

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleguy View Post
    I'm hearing a lot of talk from fans about having Bisciotti or Ozzie step in and fire Cam and Pees. I have always come from the school of thought that says that head coaches should get to choose their own coordinators, and they should live and die with those choices. Cam is going on his third season of showing absolute ineptitude. It is quite obvious that Harbaugh has no intention of firing the guy. We have an o-line coach that you could make an easy case for firing him based on performance, but sadly, you have a slam dunk reason to fire him based on behavior. Harbaugh is not capable of pulling the trigger and firing a fellow coach, and it's a problem. It is not the owner's job to do that for him, and it could be detrimental to the team for an owner to do that. Owner's have egos, and sometimes when they make the right call it goes to their heads. The death of the Orioles happened when Angelos made one good call by overriding Gillick on trading Bonilla. After that Pete thought he knew more than the baseball guys.

The bottom line is that if Harbaugh can't see, or refuses to accept, that these guys are holding the team back, then Harbaugh is actually holding the team back.
    Bisciotti is Cam's biggest fan. If he hasn't fired him over the last four years, he never will. Playing not to lose and hoping for good defense is how Bisciotti wants it. He doesn't want an exposive offense.

Do you really think Billick was going to come out and publicly say that his good friend had a drinking problem and wasn't working hard?

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    Bisciotti is Cam's biggest fan. If he hasn't fired him over the last four years, he never will. Playing not to lose and hoping for good defense is how Bisciotti wants it. He doesn't want an exposive offense.
    Is it more likely that Bisciotti doesn't want to fire Cam because he likes a conservative offense (Cam isn't conservative. He's vanilla), or Harbaugh won't fire the guy that gave him his first football gig at Indiana?

What was the Ravens record when Jim Fassil was let go?

4-2
    Great Comparison. 4-2 versus 9-3.

Blog Entries

I'd take Gruden over Harbs. Just saying.

But yes he need's to say something. Just making the playoffs isn't good enough anymore, not when you have the roster the Ravens have. Biscotti is paying out alot of money and we're constantly close to the salary cap. Christ could you imagine what would happen if we flip flopped roster's with say NE and Bellichek got ahold of it? Even WITH Flacco instead of Brady? Christ can you say another dynasty?

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    Bisciotti let Billick stand by Cavanaugh because he felt the HC should make those decisions. In the end, though, it was probably one of the several factors that help lead to Billick's dismissal.

It may well be the same with Harbaugh if he doesn't cut bait this time.

Blog Entries

you know I would too harbaugh is starting to show me some things especially this season.