"53 Mighty Men" - NOT

Coach Harbs was quoted after the game last night as saying that this loss does not define who we are. Well, coach, I beg to disagree! On display last night were the following: Poor Tackling; Lack of DISCIPLINE (something I have been harping on all season); Lack of any meaningful pass rush - Batch should have been running for his life back there, given Pittsburgh's makeshift offensive line; Vanilla offensive schemes, and UnderUtilizing the one guy on this Offense who truly plays 'like a Raven', and has the heart of a champion, Mr. Ray Rice; poor pass coverage in the middle of the field, along with POOR communication among the secondary (which, at this point in the season, is totally Inexcusable); the team's inability to close a game out - up 13-3 at halftime, and allowing the Steelers to march from their own 15 at the end of the game to score the winning field goal; oh, and did I forget, poor tackling...oh yea, I did mention that.

Anyway, you get the point. I believe the loss last night does define who this team is - the aforementioned flaws have been on display all year, and, for some reason, the Ravens probably won several more games than they really deserved to. "Play Like a Raven", and "53 Mighty Men" just does not cut it with me anymore. Yes, we are 9-3 and most likely headed to the playoffs, which is what it is all about. But being objective in my criticism is a right I have as a season ticket holder. Allowing your arch rival to come into Your House, with all of their injuries, and take home a W, is, imho, akin to (fill in the blanks).
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Blog Entries

Re: "53 Mighty Men" - NOT

we are just not that good and as SOLO pointed out the schemes and coaching is drastically making it worse.

Everyone can see this team's glaring weaknesses except for those who can actually do something about it and fix it. The problems you mentioned are not uncharacteristic of this year's team all season. It just amazes me that week in and week out all I hear from Harbaugh and gang is we have to fix our problems and do better. Saying it and doing it are two different things and right now all we've gotten is lip service. I don't want to listen to that babble anymore, I would like to SEE the issues get fixed. It's a travesty to go into December with the same issues your season started with. That part is directly on the coaches, namely the head coach. No excuse at all for this loss yesterday which was a very winnable game for us.

They'll have a lot of time to scratch their heads and figure out what to do after week 17!

Blog Entries

its time harbaugh pull his fuckin head out of his ass and fuck that dog house bullshit, insert Mckinney back at LT, move KO to LG, and oher back at RT. on defense slide Jameel back to his natural OLB spot put Mclenan at the Middle. this is some bullshit these simple personnel moves can make a big diffrence, cam and piss pees aint going no where for now so just make due with what we have.

iggyman555 Guest

harbaugh = HARBAGE