Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Blog Entries

Re: Swap out Joe from the Cam Offense and insert other NFL QB... Who would be better?

you know what baffles me? ANDY FUCKIN MOELLER STILL IS EMPLOYED BY THE RAVENS!!!

Blog Entries

Re: Swap out Joe from the Cam Offense and insert other NFL QB... Who would be better?

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    haha, i know, im just baffled at how this man is still currently employed here. I give Atlanta a lot of props, they were good enough but didnt settle for it and made a move despite being a playoff team. Im only hopeful at this point we do the same.
    Agreed.

Bringing in Dirk Koetter after Mike Mularkey left and trading the farm for Julio Jones. Gotta admire that kind of balls. Maybe we'll see the Ravens do that for Manti T'eo.

[doubtful]
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Interesting.
    Interesting?

OK, more like mind blowing to me!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    wow how much more evidence does this FO and harbaugh need to shit can this ass?
    You'll get no argument from me here.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Here's what I'd like to see next year: Cam Cameron and Mark Sanchez both get jettisoned by their respective teams and are signed by the Oakland Raiders.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I just don't understand why Boldin is the only guy who really gets looks over the middle of the field.

Why is it that JAcoby and Torrey (for the most part) only are running 9's? Last I checked, they are two of the fastest guys on the squad...seems to me that Jacoby in the middle of the field with the ball in his hands could be pretty lethal for opposing D's...
    Risk avoidance. Throw the ball over the middle & unless it's caught (or knocked down by the receiver acting as a DB) it's liable to be picked or tipped & then picked. Throw it to the sidelines & if it's done right there's minimal risk of an INT off a tip (though we saw one vs Joe a couple of games ago--great play by the DB IIRC). Throw it deep & even if it's picked the result is generally no worse than a punt.

Q has a reputation for money hands & the ability to outmuscle DBs for position & for the ball; therefore he is considered the safest option across the middle. Pitta is the second safest. They don't trust Torrey or Jacoby to catch & secure the ball in traffic.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    the thing is, they were killing it early this year. The offense looked like it had finally turned the corner and everything was clicking. what changed?
    Can't be a coincidence that the last two opening games--when they had a full offseason to design & implement fresh (if not totally new) offensive & defensive schemes--the Ravens blasted AFCN opponents.

I'm going to conjecture that Cam put in enough different stuff that he could show part of it in the opener & save up the rest for NE, which everyone knew would be a crucial game. But after that there was nothing new left, & it doesn't take NFL defenses long to figure out what you're running. Particularly if (as Kevin VV has written) there's nothing built into the pattern trees to throw off the DBs timing or make him hesitate even for an eyeblink. Even more so if they only run a very limited number of plays out of any given set. You just can't show an NFL defense exactly what you're going to run (or, let's say, which 3 possible plays you might be running) out of a given set & expect to have success--even if your personnel are superior, which the Ravens' this year are not.

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    Can't be a coincidence that the last two opening games--when they had a full offseason to design & implement fresh (if not totally new) offensive & defensive schemes--the Ravens blasted AFCN opponents.

I'm going to conjecture that Cam put in enough different stuff that he could show part of it in the opener & save up the rest for NE, which everyone knew would be a crucial game. But after that there was nothing new left, & it doesn't take NFL defenses long to figure out what you're running. Particularly if (as Kevin VV has written) there's nothing built into the pattern trees to throw off the DBs timing or make him hesitate even for an eyeblink. Even more so if they only run a very limited number of plays out of any given set. You just can't show an NFL defense exactly what you're going to run (or, let's say, which 3 possible plays you might be running) out of a given set & expect to have success--even if your personnel are superior, which the Ravens' this year are not.
    Well we did throw to Leech many times last night. There is a new wrinkle for DC's to look at. Uggghhh

Not bad for a RUNNING BACK!!! Now that is funny.
    #FIREROMAN