A few thoughts...

No pass rush at all. Ngata no impact. Suggs no impact. Did we blitz? Lucky it even came down to a last second FG considering the fumble on the catch that would have been a Steeler TD and the overthrow by Batch on a wide open receiver in the endzone.

Re: A few thoughts...

the reality is that our interior defensive line is not good. komeateau is starting and he was out of football for a year. arthur jones isn't effective.

ozzie needs to work on the d-line in the offseason. i thought the o-line gave flacco plenty of time joe just threw high and outside on a lot of throws.

Quote Originally Posted by Section 502 Raven View Post
    the reality is that our interior defensive line is not good. komeateau is starting and he was out of football for a year. arthur jones isn't effective.
    What? LOL! Do you even watch football? Jones had the best game of anyone on that atrocious front line tonight.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Section 502 Raven View Post

ozzie needs to work on the d-line in the offseason. i thought the o-line gave flacco plenty of time joe just threw high and outside on a lot of throws.
    I have to agree with Ravenboy, this post just makes it seem like you didn't watch the game. Jones was the best lineman out there and the offensive line was atrocious, which was the primary reason for Flacco being atrocious.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries
    Art Jones has been nearing STUD status the past 3 or 4 weeks. Anyone who thinks differently isnt watching the games or is being a contrarian.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Jones was one of the few highlights of today.

Wtf?!?!

7. Re: A few thoughts...

Arthur Jones and Haloti Ngata both showed up today.

The Steelers RBs kept running into a stonewall up the middle, but since there was no outside containment, they kept bouncing it outside.

Am I crazy, or did it seem like we were running a semi-prevent D at the end of the game?

Jones is making a strong case that he has a future. If he can play with this level of consistency then he will be an a really good asset moving forward. I love Keaumu but he is not getting it done. Cody has played crappy since he shed the weight. If I were Dean Pees I would be taking him to Burger King 3x a day. McPhee has some potential but I like him more as a rotational guy.

If I had my way Ngata would be the only starter on that line back next year as a starter. I would bring in a few guys to start if possible and use McPhee and Jones as depth. This team needs an impact rusher who can still be a force if Suggs is hurt etc. Kruegar is a good situation guy but not the guy who carry the load in terms of applying pressure consistently without someone opposite him.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis