Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

If the sack/'fumble doesn't happen, do we win?

I'm seriously going to ask the question - if Flacco doesn't fumble the ball deep in his own territory do you think we would've won the game?

I'm thinking yes. Ed Reed had just intercepted the ball while Pitt was in the red zone. If Flacco had just taken the sack I think Pitt would've (maybe) drove into field goal range
    and that would've been the last time they scored. After that, I think we could've put together a little drive at the end to chew clock and kick our own field goal.

Flacco turning the ball over in THAT fashion with THAT field position is unacceptable IMO.

Re: If the sack/'fumble doesn't happen, do we win?

It was 3rd down and there are many possibilities. Assuming we dont convert or he is sacked and did not fumble. We put the ball and Pitt probably gets it at their own 30 down by a TD. They could have very well gotten a TD after seeing how our D played the 2nd half but they key would have been to convert that 3rd down.
    s
    Also, that sack fumble was ALL Flacco. Harrison was blocked at first and for the standard about of time (3 sec) but Flacco held onto the ball too long and Harrison broke free. Any good pass rusher would have made that play in that situation.

Blog Entries

Another game lost to the Steelers at home by a Flacco sack-fumble late in the game (see two years ago). At least the Steelers had a good team back then. Today was inexcusable.

Joe has to know to protect the football on that play, he had tons of time. His clock has to know contact is coming and hold onto the ball. Punt it away and play another day. Joe isnt very bright.

By what standard? The Steelers are a solid team and are in contention for the playoffs. The Ravens managed to score 20 points. I find that respectable. That the Steelers scored 23, I find that respectable considering the situation. That was a close game that came down to a few plays as usual. No surprises there.

Quote Originally Posted by Uli2001 View Post
    Another game lost to the Steelers at home by a Flacco sack-fumble late in the game (see two years ago). At least the Steelers had a good team back then. Today was inexcusable.

No. We would still have lost. The momentum was mostly on the Steelers side. You could sense they were playing loose and the ravens were playing tight. The longer we let the Steelers hang around the more confident they got.

Quote Originally Posted by Uli2001 View Post
    The Steelers have a top 5 defense. And yes, I can easily see Flacco leading a game-winning drive to win the game if he doesn't turn it over (see every other Ravens/Steelers game from the past 2 years).

If San Diego doesn't totally blow their assignments on the 4th and 29 do we win? No.

If Greg Little doesn't alligator arm that touchdown pass for the Browns do we win? No.

If Jacoby Jones doesn't get a lucky punt return TD against the Steelers in Pitt do we win? No.

The Ravens were a single play away from losing to KC and NE also. So don't hang your hat on the Ravens "almost winning" when they have been just as close to "almost losing" in five of their wins.

Blog Entries

I still dont understand how Flacco is being held accountable for Michael Ohers job. blind side sack being nearly untouched will result in a sack fumble more often than not.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kevlar View Post
    If San Diego doesn't totally blow their assignments on the 4th and 29 do we win? No.

If Greg Little doesn't alligator arm that touchdown pass for the Browns do we win? No.

If Jacoby Jones doesn't get a lucky punt return TD against the Steelers in Pitt do we win? No.

The Ravens were a single play away from losing to KC and NE also. So don't hang your hat on the Ravens "almost winning" when they have been just as close to "almost losing" in five of their wins.
    That's the NFL. Games can come down to single plays making the difference.

Blog Entries

Yes. But you could take one play from almost every game. In fact I think 3 early games were decided on the last play yesterday

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Joe isnt very bright

I'm beginning to agree.