Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggs?

Re: Suggs?

I just heard its only a partial tear and he will likely play/practice Sunday. Whoa, we dodged a bullet.

Blog Entries

shit how lucky are we? then Ray is back too!! there might be hope.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    I just heard its only a partial tear and he will likely play/practice Sunday. Whoa, we dodged a bullet.
    Hmmm.
    Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider

Terrell suggs has a serious biceps tear that could be played with per john harbaugh
    Gamesmanship by Harbs or just saying the injury is serious not necessarily the severity.

Blog Entries

I just read "theyre letting him see how it responds before placing him on IR." Obviously you could read that a few ways. they want to give him a chance knowing how important he is to the defense and leaving it up to him for now and coaches later if hes ineffective.
    Last edited by JAB1985; 12-05-2012 at 02:32 PM.
    -JAB

Sounds like a matter of pain tolerance and strength.

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    It's all speculation for now. He'll bounce around between Questionable and Doubtful till Sun AM. Some good news is little to no travel for a road game allows for maximum rest & treatment. I do trust Sugsy to go if he is not a danger to himself or others. I recall him hurting a Shoulder @ the Tenn. Divisional P.O in 2007. IIRC, he played out that game and then played [well] in a shoulder harness @ Pitts. the next week. Ball So Hard.

Looks like Suggs will be a game time decision but he says he most definately playing again this season.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/...f-412e790b1c95

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Looks like Suggs will be a game time decision but he says he most definately playing again this season.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/...f-412e790b1c95
    This is... encouraging (considering how bad it could be).

"He basically has a bicep, a very serious strain, it could be called a tear, it’s something he could possibly play with,” Harbaugh said. "He’s figuring out now with the trainers and the doctors.”

At least it's not a full tear.

Quote Originally Posted by DrUnk View Post
    All this says that if Suggs need surgery there is a window he has to do it in or he cant have it. It does not say he needs surgery. It is more of a post from a medical persepective saying that someone with a torn bicep (which suggs does not as we learned it is a severe strain) and needs surgery to fix it there is a small window of when you have to do it.

From what he is saying and from what Harbs is saying it seems like surgery is not in the picture.

If he tore his bicep muscle it would role up like a lampshade. Sounds like a pretty painful partial tear or bad strain. Either way doubt he plays Sunday. He should be shelved a few weeks minimum.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    If he tore his bicep muscle it would role up like a lampshade. Sounds like a pretty painful partial tear or bad strain. Either way doubt he plays Sunday. He should be shelved a few weeks minimum.
    Other players have been playing with that same injury. That doesn't mean he'll play but it also doesn't mean he'll miss time. From what I've read the biggest factor in whether Suggs will miss time is if he has surgery to fix it. If he does he goes on IR and is done for the year. If he doesn't it all depends on his pain tolerance.