Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggs?

Re: Suggs?

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Adrian Wilson also played an entire season with torn triceps.
    Very different positions. Part of what makes Suggs effective is his use of his hands. How are you going to be effective with 330 lb tackles and guards slamming into you?

How is he going to be able to have any strength in that arm to have leverage in the trenches?

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    I am quite sure James Harrison has taken HGH.

However, if you knew anything about Troy Polamalu, you would know he has too much integrity and honor for that kind of thing. He's a very genuine person.

Pola has always struggled with his health going all of the way back to 2006. He throws his body around with too much abandon not to get hurt.

As for Suggs. It is very suspect. He was never known for being in shape. He has a contract year coming up and must be in the best shape/condition of his life.

All of the sudden he shows up ripped to shreds and elevates his game. Signs a huge contract and then begins to show signs of HGH use. Shreds his tendons in his achilles and biceps now.

Very very suspect. 2009 injured leg 4.5 sacks. 2010 and 2011 = 11 and 14 sacks DPOY.

I for one see no issue with HGH use, but it should be regulated and monitored by the team doctors. Not done in secret.
    This is baseless speculation.

My feeling is he can't get clearance to play. He wouldn't get a second opinion if the first Dr cleared him. Just last weekend he mentioned how bad players want to play despite injuries. I think he got bad news today. I hope I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by JMUpurkfool View Post
    This is baseless speculation.
    Of course it is circumstantial speculation. This IS a message board after all. Nice response.

Blog Entries

Of course it is circumstantial speculation. This IS a message board after all. Nice response.
    Yes, but you stated it as fact.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Yes, but you stated it as fact.
    No, I used facts in my post. That is what circumstantial evidence means.

I simply used facts to deduce a reasonable conclusion.

Blog Entries

No, I used facts in my post. That is what circumstantial evidence means.

I simply used facts to deduce a reasonable conclusion.
    Except you didn't use any facts for Troy and your facts for Suggs show you know nothing about HGH, now beat it troll.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Except you didn't use any facts for Troy and your facts for Suggs show you know nothing about HGH, now beat it troll.
    Your insecurity is laughable.

Enlighten me 'O' wise one.

Ask a professional bodybuilder about HGH and how common it is for muscle tendons to give out after using HGH for any decent amount of time.

The fact is that Troy Polamalu has had injury problems since 2006. His views and comments about purity of body and mind can be easily found. Just ask him.

I would be genuinely shocked to find out he used HGH.

No need to turn this into smack talk. I have always tried to be respectful on this message board.

I understand your butt hurt about losing to Batch and the rest of the Steelers, but get over it and have some intelligent input.

Or did you miss the fact that someone else brought up HGH and that I also stated James Harrison is a likely user.

He does not need CLEARANCE to play. This is not a cuncussion. The decision comes to the coaches, team and player. Heck, if the player wanted to and the team let him someone can play with a torn ACL....

He wanted to get a 2nd opinion to see if the injury can be damaged more by playing or what his limits will be and sometimes you want 2 opinions even if you like the first one. its callled reassurance.

Plus nothing has been reported since yesterday and if it were something serious it would have been leaked by now.

The last report was saying he could play through the injury and may not miss any time but was getting a 2nd opnion on the injury.

I agree that he wont be 100% but suggs usses his speed more than his hands. Bull rushers rely more on hands than speed rushers. And even if he plays the injury is still slowly healing. Remember when he played with one shoulder in the AFC Champ game? He was pretty effective in that game.

Blog Entries

I am quite sure James Harrison has taken HGH.

However, if you knew anything about Troy Polamalu, you would know he has too much integrity and honor for that kind of thing. He's a very genuine person.

Pola has always struggled with his health going all of the way back to 2006. He throws his body around with too much abandon not to get hurt.

As for Suggs. It is very suspect. He was never known for being in shape. He has a contract year coming up and must be in the best shape/condition of his life.

All of the sudden he shows up ripped to shreds and elevates his game. Signs a huge contract and then begins to show signs of HGH use. Shreds his tendons in his achilles and biceps now.

Very very suspect. 2009 injured leg 4.5 sacks. 2010 and 2011 = 11 and 14 sacks DPOY.

I for one see no issue with HGH use, but it should be regulated and monitored by the team doctors. Not done in secret.
    Id agree on some level that polamalu probably doesnt fit the script.

your labeling of Suggs pre-injury is a little off base. He wasnt in shape when he signed his contract and had a horrible year. Re-dedicated himself because he was embarassed/pissed off and then showed up in shape and got the DPOY. After facing his first real injury, the possibility he used HGH, is the only part thatd id say is questionable and like i said, i still dont have a firm opinion on the subject myself. I dont think he has the character of a guy that would, but theres no question returning in the time frame he did raises questions.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Your insecurity is laughable.
    Insecurity? YOu were able to deduce I am insecure out of 25 words I typed in two post? Please, "Enlighten me 'O' wise one."

Ask a professional bodybuilder about HGH and how common it is for muscle tendons to give out after using HGH for any decent amount of time.
    From what I know about it, it actually strengthens tendons. So I'm not sure what you mean by decent amount of time, but seeing how Suggs is only 30 I wouldn't think that is enough time (to wear down his Achilles) even if what I know is wrong.

Also, you say it wears down tendons, but use Suggs torn bicep (a muscle) as "evidence" he's used HGH

The fact is that Troy Polamalu has had injury problems since 2006. His views and comments about purity of body and mind can be easily found. Just ask him.

I would be genuinely shocked to find out he used HGH.

Or did you miss the fact that someone else brought up HGH and that I also stated James Harrison is a likely user.
    I don't really care about Troy, I don't have issue about your claims with him. I had a problem with the half truths you selected and the ones you didn't (red JAB's post) to say Suggs used HGH.

And if he or any athlete does use HGH, so what? By itself it's basically useless as a performance enhancer.