Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Re: I think I'm getting burned out...

c'mon man. the ravens play close games. the league is about parity. there is no relaxing as a football fan. you got to be tough to be a football fan, you need endurance.

as for harbaugh, he gets the most out of his talent by setting high expectations and creating a culture of team and winning.

the ravens are not that talented. the interior d-line is poor with kemo, jones and cody. the secondary without web does not have a shut down corner. we were on our 3rd string middle linebacker last night. the offensive line is questionable. birk is old, oher continues with stupid penalites and osemele is young.

we are 9-3 and we are really in a rebuilding phase. ray and reed are on their way out and we couldn't afford to resign grubbs. mcphee, bynes, osemele, reid, harwood, brown, ellerbe,bynes and other are getting playing time and will be the future but they need reps.

Quote Originally Posted by Section 502 Raven View Post
    c'mon man. the ravens play close games. the league is about parity. there is no relaxing as a football fan. you got to be tough to be a football fan, you need endurance.

as for harbaugh, he gets the most out of his talent by setting high expectations and creating a culture of team and winning.

the ravens are not that talented. the interior d-line is poor with kemo, jones and cody. the secondary without web does not have a shut down corner. we were on our 3rd string middle linebacker last night. the offensive line is questionable. birk is old, oher continues with stupid penalites and osemele is young.

we are 9-3 and we are really in a rebuilding phase. ray and reed are on their way out and we couldn't afford to resign grubbs. mcphee, bynes, osemele, reid, harwood, brown, ellerbe,bynes and other are getting playing time and will be the future but they need reps.
    I really have no idea what game or team you are watching but its not the ravens.

Harbaugh does not get the most out of his talent? That is literally the exact opposite of what he really does. He does not cater to players strengths. He lets talented players sit on the bench or out of position.

Birk is old, so we... re-sign him? Im sorry, but I would rather have Jason Brown back at this point.

This team is not in a rebuilding phase. It doesnt need to be. We have enough consistent talent where there should never be a rebuilding phase for this team.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by landspeed View Post
    I really have no idea what game or team you are watching but its not the ravens.

Harbaugh does not get the most out of his talent? That is literally the exact opposite of what he really does. He does not cater to players strengths. He lets talented players sit on the bench or out of position.

Birk is old, so we... re-sign him? Im sorry, but I would rather have Jason Brown back at this point.

This team is not in a rebuilding phase. It doesnt need to be. We have enough consistent talent where there should never be a rebuilding phase for this team.
    I think 502 is right. Fans around here are judging the team based on the talent they "think" the team has rather than the actual talent on the team. 502 broke it down, there is not the same amount of talent on the team as there has been the past 3 years.

Harbaugh is getting a lot of out this team; honestly they don't have the talent of a 9-3 team. As evidenced by the plethora of close games and lucky breaks, they probably aren't as good as their record suggests. But because of the culture of smart, disciplined football, they were able to stick around in games that they probably shouldn't have won (like San Diego).

Unfortunately its pretty unlikely they'll be able to keep it up for very much longer. Sooner or later the shoe is going to drop. This offensive line and defensive unit is too depleted to make noise at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    I think 502 is right. Fans around here are judging the team based on the talent they "think" the team has rather than the actual talent on the team. 502 broke it down, there is not the same amount of talent on the team as there has been the past 3 years.

Harbaugh is getting a lot of out this team; honestly they don't have the talent of a 9-3 team. As evidenced by the plethora of close games and lucky breaks, they probably aren't as good as their record suggests. But because of the culture of smart, disciplined football, they were able to stick around in games that they probably shouldn't have won (like San Diego).

Unfortunately its pretty unlikely they'll be able to keep it up for very much longer. Sooner or later the shoe is going to drop. This offensive line and defensive unit is too depleted to make noise at this point.
    How is he getting a lot out of this team? We struggle to score 20 points when we have Joe Flacco, Torrey Smith, Anquan Boldin, Ray Rice, Bernard Pierce, Vonta Leach, Marshal Yanda, Kelechi Osemele(guard, should be), Michael Oher(RT, should be).

Hes getting next to nothing out of our offense. They are clearly fed up.

This is all Harbaughs fault. He has coasted with the talent built from the billick regime/his first draft year.

We are great offensively. We should be. Scheme, coaching - That is what is holding us back. He is what is holding Joe back. Everybody can see it besides a select few.

Blog Entries

I didn't read much after page 1, all I can say is that I wish I felt the same way prior to this game. I get emotionally invested come football season, I actually feel embarrassed right now, because I made a fool of myself last night with cursing and flipping out... I will always be a fan, but I am so drained from getting furious with the play calling, lack of tackling ability and just watching this team play down to almost ever team they play. I should have stayed in the field training yesterday and I hate to say but I think I will actually stay out on the range this Sunday to spare myself some un-needed gray hair and high blood pressure. I think I will take a like approach and if we win it awesome, but if we fall short yet again, then it is what it is. I can't continue to invest like this it is bad for my health.
    Biscuit - I hope you step in rich fella, I really like what you bring to the city, but this is not fair to the fans that spill their guts ever week to watch this subpar OC continue to pound a square peg in a round hole...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by landspeed View Post
    How is he getting a lot out of this team? We struggle to score 20 points when we have Joe Flacco, Torrey Smith, Anquan Boldin, Ray Rice, Bernard Pierce, Vonta Leach, Marshal Yanda, Kelechi Osemele(guard, should be), Michael Oher(RT, should be).

Hes getting next to nothing out of our offense. They are clearly fed up.

This is all Harbaughs fault. He has coasted with the talent built from the billick regime/his first draft year.

We are great offensively. We should be. Scheme, coaching - That is what is holding us back. He is what is holding Joe back. Everybody can see it besides a select few.
    Why should we be great offensively? We have 1 replacement level starter (Yanda) on our O-line. Everyone else is mediocre to below average. And without an offensive line you can't do very much. Rice can't run without holes and Flacco can't pass without time. And even when he has time Boldin is too slow to get open and drops passes.

And on defense with undrafted guys like McClellan and McClain starting on the inside and Maake Kemoatu and Terrence Cody underperforming on the d-line, that is a big hunk of your interior lines that simply aren't very talented.

Blog Entries

Why should we be great offensively? We have 1 replacement level starter (Yanda) on our O-line. Everyone else is mediocre to below average. And without an offensive line you can't do very much. Rice can't run without holes and Flacco can't pass without time. And even when he has time Boldin is too slow to get open and drops passes.

And on defense with undrafted guys like McClellan and McClain starting on the inside and Maake Kemoatu and Terrence Cody underperforming on the d-line, that is a big hunk of your interior lines that simply aren't very talented.
    Funny, the Steelers patch work OL just beat us. Scheme usually helps when your OL stinks, not slow developing 5-7 second routes.

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sua Sponte View Post
    Funny, the Steelers patch work OL just beat us. Scheme usually helps when your OL stinks, not slow developing 5-7 second routes.
    yea moeller and cam need to be the first one fired after the season is over

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    Totally agree. I will go one step further and say that Moeller should have never been hired in the first place. Another back-slapping good 'ol boy hire. John Matsko was a much better OL coach than Moeller will ever be.

Why should we be great offensively? We have 1 replacement level starter (Yanda) on our O-line. Everyone else is mediocre to below average.
    We have 4 quality starters on the roster. The problem is two of them are out of position (Oher & Osemele) and one is on the bench (McKinney).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cj34 View Post
    We have 4 quality starters on the roster. The problem is two of them are out of position (Oher & Osemele) and one is on the bench (McKinney).
    thank you! I was all for Oher getting another crack at LT the kid works hard no doubt, but after a season and half starting there, he is not the answer he is Mckinney minus the talent on good day, Mckinney on a good day, motivated and ready to play is top 10 LT material, Mckinney on a bad day is Mike Oher on a good day.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    I'm on board for that.
    He Who Dares.....Wins

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I'm on board for that.
    I'd argue at least 90% of this board is for that.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

-Arnold Schwarzenegger

Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cj34 View Post
    McKinney is a quality starter? Last year he was mediocre to MAYBE above average.

Osemele hasn't proven he is a quality starter he is WAY too inconsistent (as evidenced by his overall poor Filmstudy grades). And Oher is an adequate right tackle, but again, probably right at replacement level.

I mean we had the line you wanted last year (McKinney-Grubbs-Birk-yanda-Oher) and it wasn't that pretty. Now McKinney is a year older and we have a worse LG without and somehow the line will turn into a quality unit? Sorry I don't see it. There isn't much talent there and that's a big problem.

The Moeller hire was a real head scratcher. They fired a quality guy and gave the naked drunk guy the OL job? WTF was that all about?