Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I think I'm getting burned out...

Seriously. A loss like today's would normally send me into a fit of rage. The lucky wins we've had this year, and normally I would be picking over our deficiencies in spite of the win. Usually I'm cussing loudly about Cam Cameron.

But I've noticed this year, I'm just not doing that. I'm not getting too high after wins, and not too low after losses. The reason? I think it's because I'm so fed up with our coaches, I'm now used to it, or simply burned out. I said 3 years ago that we're never winning a Super Bowl with these coaches, and that hasn't changed one bit, despite being 9-3.

We've seen this same pattern repeatedly. Every time things are stacked up nicely for us, the team shits the bed, mainly through poor coaching decisions. Last year, we had a great opening day win against the Steelers, then traveled to Tennessee and lost embarassingly 26-13. A few weeks later, we were riding high at 4-1 after a win against Houston, then lost at Jacksonville pathetically 12-7. Then a great last-second win in Pittsburgh, followed by yet another sad effort in Seattle, 22-17.

Tonight, they had everything set for them - the division title, playing at home, playing against a 3rd string QB, and without several other starters, and the crowd ready to explode. What do they do? Shit the bed again.

It's obvious that they have the talent to beat anyone in the league. But they seem to have the coaching staff to lose to anyone on any day.

So why am I not all that upset after today's game? I'm burnt out... I've seen this act far too many times. I've seen that things just aren't going to change. No matter how many wake up calls we're given, this coaching staff simply refuses to change its ways. And because of that, it's hard for me to get excited about wins, when I know avoidable losses like tonight are right around the corner.

Re: I think I'm getting burned out...

Quote Originally Posted by Beerracuda View Post
    Seriously. A loss like today's would normally send me into a fit of rage. The lucky wins we've had this year, and normally I would be picking over our deficiencies in spite of the win. Usually I'm cussing loudly about Cam Cameron.

But I've noticed this year, I'm just not doing that. I'm not getting too high after wins, and not too low after losses. The reason? I think it's because I'm so fed up with our coaches, I'm now used to it, or simply burned out. I said 3 years ago that we're never winning a Super Bowl with these coaches, and that hasn't changed one bit, despite being 9-3.

We've seen this same pattern repeatedly. Every time things are stacked up nicely for us, the team shits the bed, mainly through poor coaching decisions. Last year, we had a great opening day win against the Steelers, then traveled to Tennessee and lost embarassingly 26-13. A few weeks later, we were riding high at 4-1 after a win against Houston, then lost at Jacksonville pathetically 12-7. Then a great last-second win in Pittsburgh, followed by yet another sad effort in Seattle, 22-17.

Tonight, they had everything set for them - the division title, playing at home, playing against a 3rd string QB, and without several other starters, and the crowd ready to explode. What do they do? Shit the bed again.

It's obvious that they have the talent to beat anyone in the league. But they seem to have the coaching staff to lose to anyone on any day.

So why am I not all that upset after today's game? I'm burnt out... I've seen this act far too many times. I've seen that things just aren't going to change. No matter how many wake up calls we're given, this coaching staff simply refuses to change its ways. And because of that, it's hard for me to get excited about wins, when I know avoidable losses like tonight are right around the corner.
    This accurately describes my feelings.

I am over harbaugh. Im over the philosophy. Im over Cam, especially.

Cam alone has made me resent John Harbaugh. Then, John goes and does something like waste a timeout or 2 every game to remind me why Im over him

How about losing that timeout on that ridiculous challenge? I think Harbs old 'eye-in-the-sky' is back at his old job. Wasn't even close!

Quote Originally Posted by SNAFU View Post
    How about losing that timeout on that ridiculous challenge? I think Harbs old 'eye-in-the-sky' is back at his old job. Wasn't even close!
    That challenge ticked me off royally. I'm still not sure what possessed him to challenge that. Replay clearly showed forward progression of Batch's hand as he was going down and it was an incomplete pass.

Quote Originally Posted by landspeed View Post
    This accurately describes my feelings.

I am over harbaugh. Im over the philosophy. Im over Cam, especially.

Cam alone has made me resent John Harbaugh. Then, John goes and does something like waste a timeout or 2 every game to remind me why Im over him
    This

Quote Originally Posted by darthpemo View Post
    This
    Ditto.

Quote Originally Posted by darthpemo View Post
    This
    Ditto.

Quote Originally Posted by SimiValleyFan View Post
    Ditto.
    Could not agree more. I used to jump up and down yell at the TV. But this year
    Im deviod of emotion. Burnt out? Absolutely

I feel pretty burned out too. A loss like this can suck the life out of you.

I long now for the offseason....tbis BS week in and week out is just too much to take! But, I am sure Harbs will tell the team how proud he is of the way they competed tonight ....more BS - the D should be ashamed of themselves! Oh, btw, don't forget to get your playoff checks in the mail!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Every season has its ups and downs. Every season is stressful if you love your team.

Every time I think I am burnt out though, I just think back to the days when this town had no team and I quickly remember why I love this game and team.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

I agree with this whole thread. I'm not even that upset right now. Just like, "Blah, I'm not surprised."

What a misuse of talent and opportunity. This team, with its current players and coaches, is UNDERWHELMING. I think that's the word.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh