Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

I think I'm getting burned out...

Seriously. A loss like today's would normally send me into a fit of rage. The lucky wins we've had this year, and normally I would be picking over our deficiencies in spite of the win. Usually I'm cussing loudly about Cam Cameron.

But I've noticed this year, I'm just not doing that. I'm not getting too high after wins, and not too low after losses. The reason? I think it's because I'm so fed up with our coaches, I'm now used to it, or simply burned out. I said 3 years ago that we're never winning a Super Bowl with these coaches, and that hasn't changed one bit, despite being 9-3.

We've seen this same pattern repeatedly. Every time things are stacked up nicely for us, the team shits the bed, mainly through poor coaching decisions. Last year, we had a great opening day win against the Steelers, then traveled to Tennessee and lost embarassingly 26-13. A few weeks later, we were riding high at 4-1 after a win against Houston, then lost at Jacksonville pathetically 12-7. Then a great last-second win in Pittsburgh, followed by yet another sad effort in Seattle, 22-17.

Tonight, they had everything set for them - the division title, playing at home, playing against a 3rd string QB, and without several other starters, and the crowd ready to explode. What do they do? Shit the bed again.

It's obvious that they have the talent to beat anyone in the league. But they seem to have the coaching staff to lose to anyone on any day.

So why am I not all that upset after today's game? I'm burnt out... I've seen this act far too many times. I've seen that things just aren't going to change. No matter how many wake up calls we're given, this coaching staff simply refuses to change its ways. And because of that, it's hard for me to get excited about wins, when I know avoidable losses like tonight are right around the corner.

Re: I think I'm getting burned out...

Quote Originally Posted by Beerracuda View Post
    Seriously. A loss like today's would normally send me into a fit of rage. The lucky wins we've had this year, and normally I would be picking over our deficiencies in spite of the win. Usually I'm cussing loudly about Cam Cameron.

But I've noticed this year, I'm just not doing that. I'm not getting too high after wins, and not too low after losses. The reason? I think it's because I'm so fed up with our coaches, I'm now used to it, or simply burned out. I said 3 years ago that we're never winning a Super Bowl with these coaches, and that hasn't changed one bit, despite being 9-3.

We've seen this same pattern repeatedly. Every time things are stacked up nicely for us, the team shits the bed, mainly through poor coaching decisions. Last year, we had a great opening day win against the Steelers, then traveled to Tennessee and lost embarassingly 26-13. A few weeks later, we were riding high at 4-1 after a win against Houston, then lost at Jacksonville pathetically 12-7. Then a great last-second win in Pittsburgh, followed by yet another sad effort in Seattle, 22-17.

Tonight, they had everything set for them - the division title, playing at home, playing against a 3rd string QB, and without several other starters, and the crowd ready to explode. What do they do? Shit the bed again.

It's obvious that they have the talent to beat anyone in the league. But they seem to have the coaching staff to lose to anyone on any day.

So why am I not all that upset after today's game? I'm burnt out... I've seen this act far too many times. I've seen that things just aren't going to change. No matter how many wake up calls we're given, this coaching staff simply refuses to change its ways. And because of that, it's hard for me to get excited about wins, when I know avoidable losses like tonight are right around the corner.
    This accurately describes my feelings.

I am over harbaugh. Im over the philosophy. Im over Cam, especially.

Cam alone has made me resent John Harbaugh. Then, John goes and does something like waste a timeout or 2 every game to remind me why Im over him

How about losing that timeout on that ridiculous challenge? I think Harbs old 'eye-in-the-sky' is back at his old job. Wasn't even close!

Quote Originally Posted by landspeed View Post
    This accurately describes my feelings.

I am over harbaugh. Im over the philosophy. Im over Cam, especially.

Cam alone has made me resent John Harbaugh. Then, John goes and does something like waste a timeout or 2 every game to remind me why Im over him
    This

Exactly!! And you forgot last year when we were DESTROYED in San Diego when all we had to do was win out for the 1st seed? Had San Fran not beat Pitt we wouldve lost the division thanks to our idiot Harbaugh and his butt buddy Cam.

6. Re: I think I'm getting burned out...

I've been pretty much the same way the last year or so. This loss strangely doesn't sting as much as it should. I'm with you on the coaches. It's like no matter what, we might get close but we can't go all the way with Harbaugh and Cam. The loss in the playoffs against the Pats last year was the most devastating loss I've witnessed in Raven history, because I really felt like that was our year to get it done. We were so close to the top of the summit of reaching the Superbowl but we slipped on the last step. Seems like we've regressed this year and we'll be lucky to even win a single playoff game. We look more like pretenders than contenders.

7. Re: I think I'm getting burned out...

I have zero expectations now.

After seeing flashes of what this team could be like with the talent we have, I've come to accept that we are not a Super Bowl caliber team due to our inconsistency.

And it starts with the coaching and trickles down from there.

I've been burned out for about 3 years now. I dont get up for games or down when they lose. Just a Sunday pastime. Nothing better to do this time of year. Actually burned out on the NFL for the most part, just not a good product anymore. Still go, have good seats worth alot. But, ehhhhh. I don't expect much. If they catch lightning in a bottle or get a lucky break and win a SB or even get to one great, but low expectations. My freinds in thier 40's pretty much feel the same way, things are stale.

Funny to read this thread. I pretty much feel the same way, as far as lower emotional impact of games goes.

Thought I will say, it's probably healthier. I've probably wasted way to much energy on "anger" over losses in prior seasons.

You know, I'm honestly surprised that we are 9-3 right now. This defense has worried me from day 1. They have played better lately, but they showed their true colors in the 2nd half today. There is no way this team is gonna go on the road in the playoffs and win. If they don't get at least one home game they will be one an done. The offense has been inconsistent all year long. Flashes of greatness, then flashes of ugly. So I've not built up any expectations that this team will win a SB this year, therefore I don't get to pissed when they lose. As much as I hate the steelers, I respect that they are a better team then we are right now.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by SNAFU View Post
    How about losing that timeout on that ridiculous challenge? I think Harbs old 'eye-in-the-sky' is back at his old job. Wasn't even close!
    That challenge ticked me off royally. I'm still not sure what possessed him to challenge that. Replay clearly showed forward progression of Batch's hand as he was going down and it was an incomplete pass.

I've kind of felt the same way this year - but a little bit more in an optimistic fashion. Look at the 2010 Packers and the 2011 Giants. We've had good season after good season only to come up short in the playoffs. For now I'm just letting it ride and not get too emotionally distraught over these losses (I'm saving that for another heartbreaking postseason defeat).