Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: I think I'm getting burned out...

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    I thought it was relatively quiet for the entire game.. not just the second half.

I can tell you this.. It was crazy loud at the December games last year. Last night was nothing like the home games coming down the stretch last season.
    I noticed it from home, everyone I was watching with said the same thing.

People can say it all they want that the way the fans approach a game has nothing to do with how the team approaches a game.

I call Bullshit.

Human nature is human nature, when the fans, the coaches and the players saw how many Steelers were out, we felt this one would fall in our laps. I felt the crowd never got into because they just felt we'd pull it out since it's a home game and the Steelers were beatup every where, and I think the team (maybe to a lesser extent) shared some of those feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post
    I'm not nearly as emotionally invested in this team as I was the last few years. That loss in the AFCCG last year changed me. It made me realize that its just a game and I simply cannot let those negative feelings depress me. I was infuriated after that game but over the summer came to realize that winning a Super Bowl would be awesome but its not the most important thing. I've got two kids and a great wife and when I'd get down after losses and the lack of getting to the SB when making the PO's leaves me as a bitter person. I cannot let a game/team make me depressed so I'm just simply a "hope for the best" kinda guy now.
    This is exactly my situation as well. Have been around for a while but last year's loss really got to me; more-so than any other loss. Won't let it happen anymore, which is probably healthier anyway. Love this team but can't let it affect my mood like it did.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensQB View Post
    The first cpl series was loud. But then the OFFENSIVE offensive playcalling starting taking grip. You could see that we were going to let the steelers hang around.

The LB's standing still and Charlie Batch was cooking meals in the pocket with an OL that is worse then ours.

So yeah it was quite by the third QTR. Then the 4th QTR you never say Ray Rice touch the ball again.

Not to mention the team had no urgency to them. Where the heck was the No/Sugar huddle. Joe in Shotgun???? This game was coached to lose.

Joe has never be an under center all game QB and never will be.

Funny how teams game plan around the players and skills. NOT HERE. Dammit now I'm pissed off again...
    Pretty much sums it up for me.

The lack of performance by our team on both sides of the ball seemed to take their own crowd out of it.

Other then a few big plays on defense (the Reed INT. and the fumble recovery) not much more to get the crowd jacked about.

Watching the defense let Batch pick them apart and "Matriculate" the ball down the field pretty much sucked the life out of the crowd.
    Couple that with the offenses inability to do just about anything (sans a couple plays) to get excited about or stop our defense from having to go back onto the field, and you get what you got.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

c'mon man. the ravens play close games. the league is about parity. there is no relaxing as a football fan. you got to be tough to be a football fan, you need endurance.

as for harbaugh, he gets the most out of his talent by setting high expectations and creating a culture of team and winning.

the ravens are not that talented. the interior d-line is poor with kemo, jones and cody. the secondary without web does not have a shut down corner. we were on our 3rd string middle linebacker last night. the offensive line is questionable. birk is old, oher continues with stupid penalites and osemele is young.

we are 9-3 and we are really in a rebuilding phase. ray and reed are on their way out and we couldn't afford to resign grubbs. mcphee, bynes, osemele, reid, harwood, brown, ellerbe,bynes and other are getting playing time and will be the future but they need reps.

Quote Originally Posted by Section 502 Raven View Post
    c'mon man. the ravens play close games. the league is about parity. there is no relaxing as a football fan. you got to be tough to be a football fan, you need endurance.

as for harbaugh, he gets the most out of his talent by setting high expectations and creating a culture of team and winning.

the ravens are not that talented. the interior d-line is poor with kemo, jones and cody. the secondary without web does not have a shut down corner. we were on our 3rd string middle linebacker last night. the offensive line is questionable. birk is old, oher continues with stupid penalites and osemele is young.

we are 9-3 and we are really in a rebuilding phase. ray and reed are on their way out and we couldn't afford to resign grubbs. mcphee, bynes, osemele, reid, harwood, brown, ellerbe,bynes and other are getting playing time and will be the future but they need reps.
    I really have no idea what game or team you are watching but its not the ravens.

Harbaugh does not get the most out of his talent? That is literally the exact opposite of what he really does. He does not cater to players strengths. He lets talented players sit on the bench or out of position.

Birk is old, so we... re-sign him? Im sorry, but I would rather have Jason Brown back at this point.

This team is not in a rebuilding phase. It doesnt need to be. We have enough consistent talent where there should never be a rebuilding phase for this team.

Quote Originally Posted by landspeed View Post
    I really have no idea what game or team you are watching but its not the ravens.

Harbaugh does not get the most out of his talent? That is literally the exact opposite of what he really does. He does not cater to players strengths. He lets talented players sit on the bench or out of position.

Birk is old, so we... re-sign him? Im sorry, but I would rather have Jason Brown back at this point.

This team is not in a rebuilding phase. It doesnt need to be. We have enough consistent talent where there should never be a rebuilding phase for this team.
    I think 502 is right. Fans around here are judging the team based on the talent they "think" the team has rather than the actual talent on the team. 502 broke it down, there is not the same amount of talent on the team as there has been the past 3 years.

Harbaugh is getting a lot of out this team; honestly they don't have the talent of a 9-3 team. As evidenced by the plethora of close games and lucky breaks, they probably aren't as good as their record suggests. But because of the culture of smart, disciplined football, they were able to stick around in games that they probably shouldn't have won (like San Diego).

Unfortunately its pretty unlikely they'll be able to keep it up for very much longer. Sooner or later the shoe is going to drop. This offensive line and defensive unit is too depleted to make noise at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    I think 502 is right. Fans around here are judging the team based on the talent they "think" the team has rather than the actual talent on the team. 502 broke it down, there is not the same amount of talent on the team as there has been the past 3 years.

Harbaugh is getting a lot of out this team; honestly they don't have the talent of a 9-3 team. As evidenced by the plethora of close games and lucky breaks, they probably aren't as good as their record suggests. But because of the culture of smart, disciplined football, they were able to stick around in games that they probably shouldn't have won (like San Diego).

Unfortunately its pretty unlikely they'll be able to keep it up for very much longer. Sooner or later the shoe is going to drop. This offensive line and defensive unit is too depleted to make noise at this point.
    How is he getting a lot out of this team? We struggle to score 20 points when we have Joe Flacco, Torrey Smith, Anquan Boldin, Ray Rice, Bernard Pierce, Vonta Leach, Marshal Yanda, Kelechi Osemele(guard, should be), Michael Oher(RT, should be).

Hes getting next to nothing out of our offense. They are clearly fed up.

This is all Harbaughs fault. He has coasted with the talent built from the billick regime/his first draft year.

We are great offensively. We should be. Scheme, coaching - That is what is holding us back. He is what is holding Joe back. Everybody can see it besides a select few.

Blog Entries

I didn't read much after page 1, all I can say is that I wish I felt the same way prior to this game. I get emotionally invested come football season, I actually feel embarrassed right now, because I made a fool of myself last night with cursing and flipping out... I will always be a fan, but I am so drained from getting furious with the play calling, lack of tackling ability and just watching this team play down to almost ever team they play. I should have stayed in the field training yesterday and I hate to say but I think I will actually stay out on the range this Sunday to spare myself some un-needed gray hair and high blood pressure. I think I will take a like approach and if we win it awesome, but if we fall short yet again, then it is what it is. I can't continue to invest like this it is bad for my health.
    Biscuit - I hope you step in rich fella, I really like what you bring to the city, but this is not fair to the fans that spill their guts ever week to watch this subpar OC continue to pound a square peg in a round hole...

Quote Originally Posted by landspeed View Post
    How is he getting a lot out of this team? We struggle to score 20 points when we have Joe Flacco, Torrey Smith, Anquan Boldin, Ray Rice, Bernard Pierce, Vonta Leach, Marshal Yanda, Kelechi Osemele(guard, should be), Michael Oher(RT, should be).

Hes getting next to nothing out of our offense. They are clearly fed up.

This is all Harbaughs fault. He has coasted with the talent built from the billick regime/his first draft year.

We are great offensively. We should be. Scheme, coaching - That is what is holding us back. He is what is holding Joe back. Everybody can see it besides a select few.
    Why should we be great offensively? We have 1 replacement level starter (Yanda) on our O-line. Everyone else is mediocre to below average. And without an offensive line you can't do very much. Rice can't run without holes and Flacco can't pass without time. And even when he has time Boldin is too slow to get open and drops passes.

And on defense with undrafted guys like McClellan and McClain starting on the inside and Maake Kemoatu and Terrence Cody underperforming on the d-line, that is a big hunk of your interior lines that simply aren't very talented.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    Why should we be great offensively? We have 1 replacement level starter (Yanda) on our O-line. Everyone else is mediocre to below average. And without an offensive line you can't do very much. Rice can't run without holes and Flacco can't pass without time. And even when he has time Boldin is too slow to get open and drops passes.

And on defense with undrafted guys like McClellan and McClain starting on the inside and Maake Kemoatu and Terrence Cody underperforming on the d-line, that is a big hunk of your interior lines that simply aren't very talented.
    Funny, the Steelers patch work OL just beat us. Scheme usually helps when your OL stinks, not slow developing 5-7 second routes.

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sua Sponte View Post
    Funny, the Steelers patch work OL just beat us. Scheme usually helps when your OL stinks, not slow developing 5-7 second routes.
    yea moeller and cam need to be the first one fired after the season is over

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    yea moeller and cam need to be the first one fired after the season is over
    Totally agree. I will go one step further and say that Moeller should have never been hired in the first place. Another back-slapping good 'ol boy hire. John Matsko was a much better OL coach than Moeller will ever be.