Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What happen to the short passing game?

We went down field a lot today. More time than not they should have been picked off. In the past there was negativity about the dink and dunk approach to moving the ball down filed. Perhaps they need to revisit that approach especially when facing high ranked super pass rushing defenses. My thought is to stop looking down field so much and go for the first down. Our possession time is absolutely horrible.

Anyone else like to new approach or would you prefer a more balanced approach?
    Last edited by Bawlamer; 12-02-2012 at 09:49 PM.

2. Re: What happen to the short passing game?

Dink and Dunk?

THAT'S NOT HOW CAM ROLLS BABY

Re: What happen to the short passing game?

Once we have a gameplan we stick to it! right!?...right?

Blog Entries

It's a foreign language to Cam. Maybe we could do with Todd Haily.

Dink and dunk doesn't exist in Cams version of the Coryell offense.

6. Re: What happen to the short passing game?

Quote Originally Posted by KevinG View Post
    Once we have a gameplan we stick to it! right!?...right?
    Now THAT'S HOW CAM ROLLS BABY!

Why havent they used the SUGAR HUDDLE either? I just really dont know what the Ravens are trying to achieve offensively. It's perplexing. Seems like to much stubborness in game plannning and adjustments.

Understand, I wouldn't prefer resorting to that approach entirely but I think it's necessary since it takes a long time for our receivers to get open. Those sacks killed us. A short passing game would have been the ticket for possession purposes. Going for the first down not the kill. Eating time and possibly kicking a FG. Charlie, IMO, could not have moved the ball quickly down field.

Blog Entries

Killa cam mutha fuckin cameron, how people defend this fuckin jackass is beyond me!!!

Blog Entries

2 AND 10 CURL TO BOLDIN WITH LBs and safties and sitting right there. 3 and 10 curl to boldin with the LB and safety right there, 3 and 10 deep ball, 2 and 10 deep ball.

I don't want to term those bombs as wasted plays, because when you connect, it's great (although it does affect TOP), but when we have games like this where we throw 20+ yards down field probably at least 10 times, and connect on may 2, that's exactly what it is.

So many things have to go right for those deep passes to be complete, I don't think the positives outweigh the negatives when you are doing it over 10 times a game. I honestly don't think any other team makes close to the deep attempts that we do. Does anybody have the stats on that?

Mix in a couple deep throws to keep the defense honest, but this "chunks" offense is garbage and frankly, we aren't good enough at it in today's NFL for it to be consistent.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

12. Re: What happen to the short passing game?

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I don't want to term those bombs as wasted plays, because when you connect, it's great (although it does affect TOP), but when we have games like this where we throw 20+ yards down field probably at least 10 times, and connect on may 2, that's exactly what it is.

So many things have to go right for those deep passes to be complete, I don't think the positives outweigh the negatives when you are doing it over 10 times a game. I honestly don't think any other team makes close to the deep attempts that we do. Does anybody have the stats on that?
    QUANTITY OVER QUALITY!

That's CAM'S WINNING STRATEGY BABY!!