Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 20
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Hazzard County
    Posts
    1,218

    Heads need to roll



    This is totally unacceptable. Losing to a 3rd string QB. Throwing bombs when we need to make first downs and grind it out. Harbs throwing shitty challenge flags. ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!




  2. #2

    Re: Heads need to roll

    Its been a while since I've seen one NFL team outcoach another that badly.




  3. #3

    Re: Heads need to roll

    Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    Its been a while since I've seen one NFL team outcoach another that badly.
    I am not sure of that... week after week we have won games in spite of coaching...




  4. #4

    Re: Heads need to roll

    Quote Originally Posted by DrUnk View Post
    This is totally unacceptable. Losing to a 3rd string QB. Throwing bombs when we need to make first downs and grind it out. Harbs throwing shitty challenge flags. ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Not really. Let's face it, the Ravens have been playing over their heads squeaking games out. They are not a very good team and they were exposed today. Imagine if Big Ben played, it would've been a blowout. Flacco is not anywhere near elite. He underthrows the deep passes and overthrows the shorter ones.




  5. #5

    Re: Heads need to roll

    Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    Not really. Let's face it, the Ravens have been playing over their heads squeaking games out. They are not a very good team and they were exposed today. Imagine if Big Ben played, it would've been a blowout. Flacco is not anywhere near elite. He underthrows the deep passes and overthrows the shorter ones.
    He is simply unaware. He had no business throwing long balls - I can't stand the AC.




  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    College Station, TX
    Posts
    854
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Heads need to roll

    The law of averages "caught up with" the Ravens today. You can't keep playing terrible football and winning week after week.

    The offensive play calling was bad as usual, Flacco was a deer in the highlights as usual, but the defensive effort was much more disappointing. You put 20 points on the board against this Steelers defense, it should be enough to beat Charlie Batch and his bumbling receivers (outside of Miller). The roughing the passer penalty at the end to put them in FG range was just the cherry at the top of this steaming pile of a performance. The defense was simply not ready to play.

    As for Flacco, if I am the Ravens, I would be willing to see him one more year under a different OC. If he doesn't develop, then that is it. You will never get more than the occasional pretty deep pass out of Flacco. He is not a leader of the troops, period. And you need that in this league to win championships. You can win one with noodle-armed Dilfer, but you will be hard-pressed to win one with Flacco.




  7. #7

    Re: Heads need to roll

    Quote Originally Posted by darthpemo View Post
    I am not sure of that... week after week we have won games in spite of coaching...
    Pretty much. Not much else needs to be said. This is no longer an OC problem, this is a coaching problem.

    Over this coaching staff as a whole. John Harbaugh is horrible at putting players in the best position to succeed. Hes horrible at managing the clock, horrible at judging talent, with just a horrible philosophy as a whole in order to be a good coach. He was handed such a gifted and talented team and has nothing to show for it. Players are tired of the philosophy(torrey smith and anquan boldin both recently making comments about the way we dont use the middle of the field), fans are tired of it. Im tired of games like these. We have the potential to be so much more, but we have an over-bearing parent at the helm.




  8. #8

    Re: Heads need to roll

    not surprised anymore with Harbaugh's team. Maybe this team should really have a mutiny.




  9. #9

    Re: Heads need to roll

    Quote Originally Posted by Uli2001 View Post
    The law of averages "caught up with" the Ravens today. You can't keep playing terrible football and winning week after week.

    The offensive play calling was bad as usual, Flacco was a deer in the highlights as usual, but the defensive effort was much more disappointing. You put 20 points on the board against this Steelers defense, it should be enough to beat Charlie Batch and his bumbling receivers (outside of Miller). The roughing the passer penalty at the end to put them in FG range was just the cherry at the top of this steaming pile of a performance. The defense was simply not ready to play.As for Flacco, if I am the Ravens, I would be willing to see him one more year under a different OC. If he doesn't develop, then that is it. You will never get more than the occasional pretty deep pass out of Flacco. He is not a leader of the troops, period. And you need that in this league to win championships. You can win one with noodle-armed Dilfer, but you will be hard-pressed to win one with Flacco.
    The defense was ready, they just aren't that good.




  10. #10

    Re: Heads need to roll

    Quote Originally Posted by landspeed View Post
    Pretty much. Not much else needs to be said. This is no longer an OC problem, this is a coaching problem.

    Over this coaching staff as a whole. John Harbaugh is horrible at putting players in the best position to succeed. Hes horrible at managing the clock, horrible at judging talent, with just a horrible philosophy as a whole in order to be a good coach. He was handed such a gifted and talented team and has nothing to show for it. Players are tired of the philosophy(torrey smith and anquan boldin both recently making comments about the way we dont use the middle of the field), fans are tired of it. Im tired of games like these. We have the potential to be so much more, but we have an over-bearing parent at the helm.
    Is there coach luckier than Harabugh? special team and DB coach at Philly then handed a talented team to coach, only thing he needs to do is hiring competent coaches but he can't even do it right.




  11. #11

    Re: Heads need to roll

    Quote Originally Posted by ravenray View Post
    Is there coach luckier than Harabugh? special team and DB coach at Philly then handed a talented team to coach, only thing he needs to do is hiring competent coaches but he can't even do it right.
    i disagree. the ravens team he inherited was not very good at all. look at their record the season before he came and the seasons prior collectively. the ravens were not a consistently yearly playoff team like they are now under Harbaugh. now Tomlin on the other hand, he inherited a clearly more talented team. Per ESPN:

    "Harbaugh and Atlanta's Mike Smith are tied for the best winning percentage (.707) among head coaches who began their career since 1970 (minimum 70 games). Harbaugh's record is 53-22.

    Pittsburgh's Mike Tomlin ranks third on that list with a .670 winning percentage. His record is 61-30."




  12. #12

    Re: Heads need to roll

    Quote Originally Posted by kojo View Post
    i disagree. the ravens team he inherited was not very good at all. look at their record the season before he came and the seasons prior collectively. the ravens were not a consistently yearly playoff team like they are now under Harbaugh. now Tomlin on the other hand, he inherited a clearly more talented team. Per ESPN:

    "Harbaugh and Atlanta's Mike Smith are tied for the best winning percentage (.707) among head coaches who began their career since 1970 (minimum 70 games). Harbaugh's record is 53-22.

    Pittsburgh's Mike Tomlin ranks third on that list with a .670 winning percentage. His record is 61-30."
    Billick had a talented team, players just turned him out. The talent was there.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland