Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Average Joe

Re: Average Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Bawlamer View Post
    Is Joe always this average? I guess he is. They are the #1 defense. So 20 points against them is not too shabby. What also showed was our #25 defense that couldn't stop a old worn out third string QB. How many times do you get beat across the middle before you do something about it?

^this

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Flacco didnt give up 300 yards to a 3rd string QB. So, this loss being "mainly on him" is just flat out wrong.

He was a part of the loss, but at the end of the day the D got carved up by a 38 year old with a noodle arm.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    No doubt the defense could have done better. But Reed got the INT that, while it didn't hand the Ravens the game, put them in great position. Up seven, 11 minutes to go, even if you don't score, keep the opportunity to play field position by punting on 4th down. That's the same damn thing that happened courtesy of Polamalu in 2010. Which was also Flacco failing to be situationally aware.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Poeboy View Post
    Joe is a poor QB at best. The worst thing the Ravens can do is to re sign him to a long term contract. Joe has a extremely low football IQ.
    You're right...where is Vince Young when you need him...

Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

-Arnold Schwarzenegger

Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by redmike34 View Post

No doubt the defense could have done better. But Reed got the INT that, while it didn't hand the Ravens the game, put them in great position. Up seven, 11 minutes to go, even if you don't score, keep the opportunity to play field position by punting on 4th down. That's the same damn thing that happened courtesy of Polamalu in 2010. Which was also Flacco failing to be situationally aware.
    Or Michael Oher not reading the blitz and missing the line call made by Birk.

That play has been beat to death and it was shown that Oher was at fault there more than Flacco.

-Arnold Schwarzenegger

Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.

Or Michael Oher not reading the blitz and missing the line call made by Birk.

That play has been beat to death and it was shown that Oher was at fault there more than Flacco.

Well, as you can tell by my join date, wasn't around for the beating. However, blaming Oher for not being able to take care of the near-Superman that is a healthy Polamalu seems questionable off the cuff...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by redmike34 View Post

Well, as you can tell by my join date, wasn't around for the beating. However, blaming Oher for not being able to take care of the near-Superman that is a healthy Polamalu seems questionable off the cuff...
    Its really not. Birk made the line call. Polamalu was obviously blitzing on the outside. Oher just flat out did not adjust.

-Arnold Schwarzenegger

Until Cam is replaced by an OC who runs a modern offensive scheme PROPERLY & CONSISTENTLY, it is impossible to evaluate Flacco, our WRs, TEs, and even O-Line.

Hell, even our RBs aren't being used properly ALWAYS.

Blog Entries

You're right...where is Vince Young when you need him...

LMAO....You have to admit there is a prophetic irony whenever someone brings up a low IQ in conjunction with justifying a moronic statement.

Btw dude, you got it all wrong. We should just trade Joe for Tebow and NY Cheesecake
    A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,
    -Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post
    Until Cam is replaced by an OC who runs a modern offensive scheme PROPERLY & CONSISTENTLY, it is impossible to evaluate Flacco, our WRs, TEs, and even O-Line.

Hell, even our RBs aren't being used properly ALWAYS.

If we bring in a competent coordinator and get the same results then it will be time to reevaluate. Till that happens, any judgement of our offensive personnel is skewed.
    A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,
    -Ray Lewis

Flacco didnt give up 300 yards to a 3rd string QB. So, this loss being "mainly on him" is just flat out wrong.

He was a part of the loss, but at the end of the day the D got carved up by a 38 year old with a noodle arm.

Keep in mind that we had a grand total of barely 2 minutes of offense in the 4th. So essentially, the D was on the field for the rest of the 4th quarter. 6 of that came in the last drive, but that might tire out a D, don't you think? That last drive was horrible, so I'm not saying it all falls on the offense, but just pointing that out. A conversion instead of turning the ball right back over, or at least a semi decent drive instead of a 1st down on 1st and then 3 and out might have had a different outcome.

Wow, with everything to gain, how did we lose this game? Its games like this that you look back on and wonder
    wtf was the coaches thinking... Flacco Harbs and Cam.... After 5 years.. they are what they are. Maybe this is all your going to get from Flacco.. Even if you fire Cam and Bring in a new Oc, How much more time are you going to give Flacco to take this magical next step, 2 more years? 3 more years? I can hear it now, Its going to change from Cams stinks off with his head, to Its a new Oc he needs time to adjust...

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Maybe it does explain it. Cam has been such complete shit as a coach that he can't even teach the basics to Joe. Hopefully Joe hasn't been ruined as is still able to correct things with a better teacher.
    I'm not a fan of Cam by any stretch, but maybe flacco just can't learn the basics. Throwing the ball up for grabs like he did on that interception was inexcusable. The steelers were playing without woodley and then Ike Taylor went out. No excuse for the effort we saw today from Flacco and the offense. To my mind, Flacco's fumble was the beginning of the end for us today.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    I'm not a fan of Cam by any stretch, but maybe flacco just can't learn the basics. Throwing the ball up for grabs like he did on that interception was inexcusable. The steelers were playing without woodley and then Ike Taylor went out. No excuse for the effort we saw today from Flacco and the offense. To my mind, Flacco's fumble was the beginning of the end for us today.
    Flacco thought he had Pitta open, and he did but Pitta stumbled and Clark jumped in front of him for the INT.

The fumble however...ugh

14. Re: Average Joe

Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post
    Flacco thought he had Pitta open, and he did but Pitta stumbled and Clark jumped in front of him for the INT.

The fumble however...ugh
    You just can't attempt that throw under those circumstances. The thing that's crazy is that Joe took the sack in the same situation in Pitt two weeks ago instead of attempting a crazy pass. Ravens punted, and held on for the win. Its not like he doesn't know what to do. He just inconsistently did the correct thing in this instance. That's not going to change with a different coach, its only going to change if Joe becomes better and more consistent.

Cam's offense is stale here, and needs to be replaced.

Joe Flacco is proving to be an average QB, who plays well in big games.

Both statements are true, we don't have to argue that one pov means the other is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    Are they seriously gonna give this guy 100 million? I just don't see it. He is a good game manager but like Alex Smith,I don't see him being able to take this team to the next level. It's been five years and he just can't deliver...unfortunately for us we don't have a Kapernick on the bench. Before anyone brings up the afccg last year, he threw a terrible int to Brandon Spikes on the play before Jimmy Smith picked off Brady. We couldv put them away there but people wanna talk about the Lee aevans drop...that wouldnt have mattered if he had at least gotten a FG.
    Below AVG fan.