Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Average Joe

Re: Average Joe

Quote Originally Posted by CptJesus View Post
    You mean the one that was sailing out of bounds, along with Torrey?
    No the one that was clearly inbounds and Torrey flat out dropped, Joe threw up his hands after it...that pass.

Reality is that I amazed that Joe is as productive as he is in this offense. No slants, few screens, little emphasis on playaction. Nobody is ever wide wide open. They do all the small things wrong. False starts, dropped passes, wrong routes and horrible play action despite having one of the best RB's in the league. Those things can be personnel, when you change the personnel though and get the same results you have to start thinking coaching. Again we have a horrible play action and a QB who despite being large cant sneak for half a yard, that has to do with repetition and practice IMO and a clear lack of emphasis on it were those things are concerned.

Maybe Joe is just average Joe.....that said Drew Brees sure looked like Average Drew before he was given a system that worked for him. This offense did a pretty decent job of make Brees look average to below average. Anyone who thinks this is not the same kind of offense with some variation is just not looking. Cam should be fired but wont be. I fear that they wont even let him go after the season is over. I pray they do
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Who the fuck do you think you are? I was talking about the 2011 Patriots in the AFCCG, why don't you read what I post before throwing insults like that at me.
    I'm the guy laughing at people like you.

Pats weren't the worst pass defense last year.

Love how every time one of you... I suppose "people" is a word... mentions Joe having a good game, you always try to point out it was against a bad defense. When Joe has an average game like today, you say it's all on him and the defense had nothing to do with it.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

3. Re: Average Joe

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    The PI calls are also by design. Thats why they go down the field so much to Torrey and Jacoby. They're hoping to get a PI call.

They even said that last year regarding Torrey's speed.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Is that why Joe consistently misses guys on the deep throws? He'll get better surely, but right now his deep ball accuracy is lacking.

The PI calls are also by design. Thats why they go down the field so much to Torrey and Jacoby. They're hoping to get a PI call.

They even said that last year regarding Torrey's speed.

Interesting. Makes sense, that's probably why we run nothing but vertical routes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay D83 View Post
    I'm inclined to agree. The jig is almost up. Next year will probably be a debacle, and coach and quarterback can leave hand in hand. We need a leader for coach AND quarterback.
    Dude you obviously know nothing about football....yea lets fire the coach and QB who took a sub .500 team and have gotten us to the playoffs 5 straight years...brilliant. Here is an idea....lets create an offensive system that works first then worry about firing the coach, QB and whoever else you have in mind.

We missed our window last year when Evans dropped that ball. We need to reload on defense and we need to bring in an offensive coordinator who has a playbook in which the year on the cover does not start with 199*
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Chargers said the same about Brees.

Wake up people.

The team may have lost a gamble here by not firing Cam a while ago.

Right now we are going on what we think he can do without Cam...instead of knowing.

Really, Joe has ALL the leverage here. We have no choice really...he may be one of those guys who max out like a Schaub (really not a bad thing), and you can't easily replace a guy like Joe.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonwalkJenkins View Post

Is that why Joe consistently misses guys on the deep throws? He'll get better surely, but right now his deep ball accuracy is lacking.
    No. But deep passes are low probability plays anyway. They're hoping that the receiver makes a huge play or draws a penalty.

It wouldnt be such a big deal, except in Cam's offense that is 90% of the routes they run.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post

Love how every time one of you... I suppose "people" is a word... mentions Joe having a good game, you always try to point out it was against a bad defense. When Joe has an average game like today, you say it's all on him and the defense had nothing to do with it.
    You need to read my posts more often on these boards, I have been one of the biggest Flacco supporters here before this game, and actually they were the 31st ranked passing defense last year, and the worst overall defense. I was stating facts, then you pretty much call me an idiot and showed me defensive rankings THIS year when I was talking about 2011? How can you even justify what your saying to me, none of what you are saying is backed up with anything, it's just useless cheap shot blows for no reason... Everyone is entitled to an opinion here, as long as it's not a ridiculous opinion.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post

The team may have lost a gamble here by not firing Cam a while ago.

Right now we are going on what we think he can do without Cam...instead of knowing.

Really, Joe has ALL the leverage here. We have no choice really...he may be one of those guys who max out like a Schaub (really not a bad thing), and you can't easily replace a guy like Joe.
    Agreed.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post

bingo...The offense put up 20 points on the steelers' D. Only 3 other teams put up more points than that and actually GOT the W on them: The Broncos, Raiders, and Titans with the Raiders and Titans barely doing it by 3. Broncos week one is the only team to beat them by at least 7. Even with the fumble and over/under throws Flacco was "adequate". This one was more on the D for letting a 3rd string QB eat up so much clock and put up 10 points in the 4th quarter. based on the market and record, Flacco probably should get about what Matt Ryan gets.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous1 View Post
    Dude you obviously know nothing about football....yea lets fire the coach and QB who took a sub .500 team and have gotten us to the playoffs 5 straight years...brilliant. Here is an idea....lets create an offensive system that works first then worry about firing the coach, QB and whoever else you have in mind.

We missed our window last year when Evans dropped that ball. We need to reload on defense and we need to bring in an offensive coordinator who has a playbook in which the year on the cover does not start with 199*

When one misses their window, I think it's time to make some major changes. It's crazy because the first part of the season I felt great, even after the debacle in Houston. But THIS .... is unforgivable. Actually when we lost to the Pats in the AFCCG last year I'd said our window was slammed shut. I'm pissed to have been proven right.

Maybe Bill Parcels will come back out of retirement?

Quote Originally Posted by FlawlessVictory View Post
    Code:
    1-10-BAL 18 (7:06) 27-R.Rice left guard to BAL 22 for 4 yards (96-E.Hood).
    2-6-BAL 22 (6:32) 27-R.Rice right tackle to BAL 29 for 7 yards (43-T.Polamalu).
    2-10-BAL 29 (5:48) 5-J.Flacco pass short middle to 27-R.Rice to BAL 34 for 5 yards (94-L.Timmons).
    1-10-BAL 42 (12:03) 27-R.Rice right tackle pushed ob at PIT 48 for 10 yards (23-K.Lewis).
    1-10-PIT 10 (10:29) 27-R.Rice up the middle to PIT 4 for 6 yards (43-T.Polamalu, 28-C.Allen).
    1-10-BAL 31 (5:16) 27-R.Rice left tackle to BAL 33 for 2 yards (92-J.Harrison).
    2-8-BAL 33 (4:44) 27-R.Rice right tackle to BAL 36 for 3 yards (50-L.Foote).
    1-10-BAL 26 (10:59) 27-R.Rice right guard to BAL 27 for 1 yard (92-J.Harrison).
    1-10-BAL 39 (9:46) 27-R.Rice right tackle to BAL 38 for -1 yards (90-S.McLendon).
    2-11-BAL 38 (9:07) 5-J.Flacco pass incomplete short right to 27-R.Rice.
    1-10-BAL 48 (6:19) 27-R.Rice left guard to BAL 48 for no gain (99-B.Keisel).
    2-10-PIT 34 (5:00) 27-R.Rice left end for 34 yards, TOUCHDOWN. Ray Rice reverses field and runs around left end for touchdown.
    1-10-BAL 16 (1:52) 27-R.Rice right end to BAL 26 for 10 yards (96-E.Hood).
    END QUARTER 3
    Umm.. okay. You know why I stopped at 'END QUARTER 3'? Because this was our 4th quarter performance:

Code:
    4th Quarter

Baltimore Ravens continues ...
    3-15-BAL 21 (15:00) (Shotgun) 5-J.Flacco pass incomplete deep right to 12-J.Jones (23-K.Lewis).
    4-15-BAL 21 (14:52) (Punt formation) 4-S.Koch punts 49 yards to PIT 30, Center-46-M.Cox. 84-A.Brown to PIT 30 for no gain (16-D.Reed). PENALTY on PIT-26-W.Allen, Offensive Holding, 10 yards, enforced at PIT 30.
    Baltimore Ravens at 10:59
    1-10-BAL 27 (10:59) 5-J.Flacco pass short left to 81-A.Boldin to BAL 33 for 6 yards (92-J.Harrison, 28-C.Allen).
    2-4-BAL 33 (10:25) 30-B.Pierce right guard to BAL 32 for -1 yards (96-E.Hood).
    3-5-BAL 32 (9:50) (Shotgun) 5-J.Flacco sacked at BAL 27 for -5 yards (92-J.Harrison). FUMBLES (92-J.Harrison), RECOVERED by PIT-96-E.Hood at BAL 27. 96-E.Hood to BAL 27 for no gain (77-M.Birk).
    Baltimore Ravens at 07:24
    6-S.Suisham kicks 66 yards from PIT 35 to BAL -1. 12-J.Jones, Touchback.
    1-10-BAL 20 (7:24) 5-J.Flacco pass short left to 44-V.Leach to BAL 32 for 12 yards (94-L.Timmons).
    1-10-BAL 32 (6:43) 5-J.Flacco pass incomplete deep middle to 82-T.Smith.
    2-10-BAL 32 (6:34) (Shotgun) 5-J.Flacco pass incomplete short middle to 17-T.Doss.
    3-10-BAL 32 (6:30) (Shotgun) 5-J.Flacco pass incomplete short right to 88-D.Pitta [50-L.Foote].
    4-10-BAL 32 (6:23) (Punt formation) 4-S.Koch punts 57 yards to PIT 11, Center-46-M.Cox. 84-A.Brown to PIT 15 for 4 yards (56-J.Bynes).
    Thanks for the facts on what a bad game it was for Rice.