Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Average Joe

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post

That was a really hard one to catch, and yes maybe he should have caught it, but Torrey isn't looking for a big 100 million contract like Joe is right now, maybe Joe should improve his pocket presence and stop taking coverage sacks?
    Maybe his receivers should start getting open so Flacco doesnt have to take coverage sacks?

See man? This can go on and on...everything effects everything on the field. It was a bad game by everyone and it is very easy for them to play so poorly in a poorly designed system.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Re: Average Joe

If you are still asking the question is he good after 5 years, you have your answer. He's the ultimate definition of average and time to get another QB or accept the results you are seeing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    "That was the worst passing defense in the league."

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...true&Submit=Go

You're not very smart, are you?
    Who the fuck do you think you are? I was talking about the 2011 Patriots in the AFCCG, why don't you read what I post before throwing insults like that at me.

They were the 32nd ranked passing defense in the 2011 season, or there abouts.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    If you are still asking the question is he good after 5 years, you have your answer. He's the ultimate definition of average and time to get another QB or accept the results you are seeing.
    I'm inclined to agree. The jig is almost up. Next year will probably be a debacle, and coach and quarterback can leave hand in hand. We need a leader for coach AND quarterback.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post

No. The one that Torrey dropped that hit him in both hands.

I realize you people hate Joe and the Ravens, only celebrating when they lose, but at least try to make this interesting for us.
    :word

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Maybe his receivers should start getting open so Flacco doesnt have to take coverage sacks?

See man? This can go on and on...everything effects everything on the field. It was a bad game by everyone and it is very easy for them to play so poorly in a poorly designed system.

I know the system sucks.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    Chargers said the same about Brees.

Wake up people.

Doss has great hands but one clanked right off his chest today. Drops happen. Torrey still bails Joe out on a lot of bad deep balls by consistently getting PI calls. Boldin is a completely different story today with the hands.

There are a lot of reasons we lost today, and Joe is only one of them.

But with that said, I am starting to lose confidence in Joe. He's a 5th year QB but he's still got no pocket awareness whatsoever, and it's good for a couple of game-losing strip sacks every year, and a failure to capitalize on some opportunities to scramble.

I know, it's not Joe's fault that Cam's schemes stink. Joe is far from our only problem or from being our worst problem. I think he's overall a good QB.

But with his contract situation on the table, when I see yet another stupefying performance like tonight, complete with all the under and over throws, I really have to question whether it's worth paying Joe a pile of money.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    The interception was inexcusable as was the strip sack, although maybe that guy James Harrison deserves at least SOME credit for making the play.

Even so, Flacco got no help whatsoever from his offense. Rice had a bad game outside of one run; minimum 7 drops by his WRs, none of whom got an arm's length of separation the entire game; the OL totally fell apart in the 2nd half; Pitta did absolutely nothing outside of one play; and of course the OC was inexplicable.

I know we're going to hear "Ray Rice needed to get the ball more." But I am VERY tired of watching Rice run into Birk's back and flop on his face for 1 yard 8 or 9 times a game, while no-name backs from Pittsburgh bounce around and break tackles for real games. Rice is a HUGE talent and I don't think he's being coached up and utilized to his potential far too often.
    Rice had 11-44 without the big TD run. Didn't realize that 4 YPC is a bad game. If you took Pierce's big run out he had 7-23 but that was excellent right?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtlesNBirds View Post
    Doss has great hands but one clanked right off his chest today. Drops happen. Torrey still bails Joe out on a lot of bad deep balls by consistently getting PI calls. Boldin is a completely different story today with the hands.
    The PI calls are also by design. Thats why they go down the field so much to Torrey and Jacoby. They're hoping to get a PI call.

They even said that last year regarding Torrey's speed.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    The interception was inexcusable as was the strip sack, although maybe that guy James Harrison deserves at least SOME credit for making the play.

Even so, Flacco got no help whatsoever from his offense. Rice had a bad game outside of one run; minimum 7 drops by his WRs, none of whom got an arm's length of separation the entire game; the OL totally fell apart in the 2nd half; Pitta did absolutely nothing outside of one play; and of course the OC was inexplicable.

I know we're going to hear "Ray Rice needed to get the ball more." But I am VERY tired of watching Rice run into Birk's back and flop on his face for 1 yard 8 or 9 times a game, while no-name backs from Pittsburgh bounce around and break tackles for real games. Rice is a HUGE talent and I don't think he's being coached up and utilized to his potential far too often.
    Code:
    1-10-BAL 18 (7:06) 27-R.Rice left guard to BAL 22 for 4 yards (96-E.Hood).
    2-6-BAL 22 (6:32) 27-R.Rice right tackle to BAL 29 for 7 yards (43-T.Polamalu).
    2-10-BAL 29 (5:48) 5-J.Flacco pass short middle to 27-R.Rice to BAL 34 for 5 yards (94-L.Timmons).
    1-10-BAL 42 (12:03) 27-R.Rice right tackle pushed ob at PIT 48 for 10 yards (23-K.Lewis).
    1-10-PIT 10 (10:29) 27-R.Rice up the middle to PIT 4 for 6 yards (43-T.Polamalu, 28-C.Allen).
    1-10-BAL 31 (5:16) 27-R.Rice left tackle to BAL 33 for 2 yards (92-J.Harrison).
    2-8-BAL 33 (4:44) 27-R.Rice right tackle to BAL 36 for 3 yards (50-L.Foote).
    1-10-BAL 26 (10:59) 27-R.Rice right guard to BAL 27 for 1 yard (92-J.Harrison).
    1-10-BAL 39 (9:46) 27-R.Rice right tackle to BAL 38 for -1 yards (90-S.McLendon).
    2-11-BAL 38 (9:07) 5-J.Flacco pass incomplete short right to 27-R.Rice.
    1-10-BAL 48 (6:19) 27-R.Rice left guard to BAL 48 for no gain (99-B.Keisel).
    2-10-PIT 34 (5:00) 27-R.Rice left end for 34 yards, TOUCHDOWN. Ray Rice reverses field and runs around left end for touchdown.
    1-10-BAL 16 (1:52) 27-R.Rice right end to BAL 26 for 10 yards (96-E.Hood).
    END QUARTER 3
    Umm.. okay. You know why I stopped at 'END QUARTER 3'? Because this was our 4th quarter performance:

Code:
    4th Quarter

Baltimore Ravens continues ...
    3-15-BAL 21 (15:00) (Shotgun) 5-J.Flacco pass incomplete deep right to 12-J.Jones (23-K.Lewis).
    4-15-BAL 21 (14:52) (Punt formation) 4-S.Koch punts 49 yards to PIT 30, Center-46-M.Cox. 84-A.Brown to PIT 30 for no gain (16-D.Reed). PENALTY on PIT-26-W.Allen, Offensive Holding, 10 yards, enforced at PIT 30.
    Baltimore Ravens at 10:59
    1-10-BAL 27 (10:59) 5-J.Flacco pass short left to 81-A.Boldin to BAL 33 for 6 yards (92-J.Harrison, 28-C.Allen).
    2-4-BAL 33 (10:25) 30-B.Pierce right guard to BAL 32 for -1 yards (96-E.Hood).
    3-5-BAL 32 (9:50) (Shotgun) 5-J.Flacco sacked at BAL 27 for -5 yards (92-J.Harrison). FUMBLES (92-J.Harrison), RECOVERED by PIT-96-E.Hood at BAL 27. 96-E.Hood to BAL 27 for no gain (77-M.Birk).
    Baltimore Ravens at 07:24
    6-S.Suisham kicks 66 yards from PIT 35 to BAL -1. 12-J.Jones, Touchback.
    1-10-BAL 20 (7:24) 5-J.Flacco pass short left to 44-V.Leach to BAL 32 for 12 yards (94-L.Timmons).
    1-10-BAL 32 (6:43) 5-J.Flacco pass incomplete deep middle to 82-T.Smith.
    2-10-BAL 32 (6:34) (Shotgun) 5-J.Flacco pass incomplete short middle to 17-T.Doss.
    3-10-BAL 32 (6:30) (Shotgun) 5-J.Flacco pass incomplete short right to 88-D.Pitta [50-L.Foote].
    4-10-BAL 32 (6:23) (Punt formation) 4-S.Koch punts 57 yards to PIT 11, Center-46-M.Cox. 84-A.Brown to PIT 15 for 4 yards (56-J.Bynes).