Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Average Joe

Re: Average Joe

I don't think he's anywhere near worth $100 million.

Matt Schaub's contract needs to be the standard here. Maybe less. I think around $14 million per should be max.

You can't give him more based on what you "think" he will do without Cam...the Ravens screwed that up by not actually trying to see what they had earlier by firing Cam a year or 2 ago.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    You can blame Cam all you want, and he deserves a lot of it, but it still doesn't explain Flaccos TERRIBLE pocket poise at times, and his total mental lapses, like throwing an inexplicable interception as we saw in the first half.
    Not to mention the total lack of urgency on the field and leadership on the sidelines. Joe is simply not a leader as he is often seen on the sidelines sitting by himself on the bench. Guys like Brady and Manning are meeting with the offensive unit while not on the field, encouraging the other players, and game planning with the O.C.

Simply put, Joe is not a leader and does not warrant elite QB money.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    What about that one pass that hit Torrey in the hands in the end zone?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    That was a really hard one to catch, and yes maybe he should have caught it, but Torrey isn't looking for a big 100 million contract like Joe is right now, maybe Joe should improve his pocket presence and stop taking coverage sacks?

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    Are they seriously gonna give this guy 100 million? I just don't see it. He is a good game manager but like Alex Smith,I don't see him being able to take this team to the next level. It's been five years and he just can't deliver...unfortunately for us we don't have a Kapernick on the bench. Before anyone brings up the afccg last year, he threw a terrible int to Brandon Spikes on the play before Jimmy Smith picked off Brady. We couldv put them away there but people wanna talk about the Lee aevans drop...that wouldnt have mattered if he had at least gotten a FG.
    Seriously, you're comparing him to Alex Smith?
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

You can blame Cam all you want, and he deserves a lot of it, but it still doesn't explain Flaccos TERRIBLE pocket poise at times, and his total mental lapses, like throwing an inexplicable interception as we saw in the first half.
    Maybe it does explain it. Cam has been such complete shit as a coach that he can't even teach the basics to Joe. Hopefully Joe hasn't been ruined as is still able to correct things with a better teacher.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    What about that one pass that hit Torrey in the hands in the end zone?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    You mean the one that was sailing out of bounds, along with Torrey?

Is Joe always this average? I guess he is. They are the #1 defense. So 20 points against them is not too shabby. What also showed was our #25 defense that couldn't stop a old worn out third string QB. How many times do you get beat across the middle before you do something about it? Just asking.

Joe also had Leach wide open for the potential winning TD on one of the drives, we had to settle for a FG, don't forget about the under throw to Torrey as well. That was the worst passing defense in the league, I still have reservations about Joe when it comes to contract talk.
    "That was the worst passing defense in the league."

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...true&Submit=Go

You're not very smart, are you?
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

9. Re: Average Joe

It should read, slightly above-average Joe to be fair. You'll get losses like this every year while Joe is our QB, but he's also turning into a big game performer. Contract talks are going to be really interesting, especially if he comes up big again in the playoffs.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I don't think he's anywhere near worth $100 million.

Matt Schaub's contract needs to be the standard here. Maybe less. I think around $14 million per should be max.

You can't give him more based on what you "think" he will do without Cam...the Ravens screwed that up by not actually trying to see what they had earlier by firing Cam a year or 2 ago.
    Agreed, Matt Shaubb type money seems about right, baring in mind Shaubb has more overall talent on offense that what Joe has, but yous till expect better play from Joe who supposedly turned down a significant amount of money in the offseason.

hat about the roll out when he could have run for 8 or more yards and instead he throws a pass downfield into coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by CptJesus View Post
    You mean the one that was sailing out of bounds, along with Torrey?
    No. The one that Torrey dropped that hit him in both hands.

I realize you people hate Joe and the Ravens, only celebrating when they lose, but at least try to make this interesting for us.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock