Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Average Joe

Re: Average Joe

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Flacco didnt give up 300 yards to a 3rd string QB. So, this loss being "mainly on him" is just flat out wrong.

He was a part of the loss, but at the end of the day the D got carved up by a 38 year old with a noodle arm.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Keep in mind that we had a grand total of barely 2 minutes of offense in the 4th. So essentially, the D was on the field for the rest of the 4th quarter. 6 of that came in the last drive, but that might tire out a D, don't you think? That last drive was horrible, so I'm not saying it all falls on the offense, but just pointing that out. A conversion instead of turning the ball right back over, or at least a semi decent drive instead of a 1st down on 1st and then 3 and out might have had a different outcome.

Wow, with everything to gain, how did we lose this game? Its games like this that you look back on and wonder
    wtf was the coaches thinking... Flacco Harbs and Cam.... After 5 years.. they are what they are. Maybe this is all your going to get from Flacco.. Even if you fire Cam and Bring in a new Oc, How much more time are you going to give Flacco to take this magical next step, 2 more years? 3 more years? I can hear it now, Its going to change from Cams stinks off with his head, to Its a new Oc he needs time to adjust...

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Maybe it does explain it. Cam has been such complete shit as a coach that he can't even teach the basics to Joe. Hopefully Joe hasn't been ruined as is still able to correct things with a better teacher.
    I'm not a fan of Cam by any stretch, but maybe flacco just can't learn the basics. Throwing the ball up for grabs like he did on that interception was inexcusable. The steelers were playing without woodley and then Ike Taylor went out. No excuse for the effort we saw today from Flacco and the offense. To my mind, Flacco's fumble was the beginning of the end for us today.

4. Re: Average Joe

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    I'm not a fan of Cam by any stretch, but maybe flacco just can't learn the basics. Throwing the ball up for grabs like he did on that interception was inexcusable. The steelers were playing without woodley and then Ike Taylor went out. No excuse for the effort we saw today from Flacco and the offense. To my mind, Flacco's fumble was the beginning of the end for us today.
    Flacco thought he had Pitta open, and he did but Pitta stumbled and Clark jumped in front of him for the INT.

The fumble however...ugh

5. Re: Average Joe

Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post
    Flacco thought he had Pitta open, and he did but Pitta stumbled and Clark jumped in front of him for the INT.

The fumble however...ugh
    You just can't attempt that throw under those circumstances. The thing that's crazy is that Joe took the sack in the same situation in Pitt two weeks ago instead of attempting a crazy pass. Ravens punted, and held on for the win. Its not like he doesn't know what to do. He just inconsistently did the correct thing in this instance. That's not going to change with a different coach, its only going to change if Joe becomes better and more consistent.

Cam's offense is stale here, and needs to be replaced.

Joe Flacco is proving to be an average QB, who plays well in big games.

Both statements are true, we don't have to argue that one pov means the other is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    Are they seriously gonna give this guy 100 million? I just don't see it. He is a good game manager but like Alex Smith,I don't see him being able to take this team to the next level. It's been five years and he just can't deliver...unfortunately for us we don't have a Kapernick on the bench. Before anyone brings up the afccg last year, he threw a terrible int to Brandon Spikes on the play before Jimmy Smith picked off Brady. We couldv put them away there but people wanna talk about the Lee aevans drop...that wouldnt have mattered if he had at least gotten a FG.
    Below AVG fan.

Not bad for a RUNNING BACK!!! Now that is funny.
    #FIREROMAN

I believe this team will never make it to a Super Bowl with Joe Flacco as qb. Last night, he started throwing passes too high for open receivers, made a few good passes, then gave the ball to the Steelers twice in great field position (for them!). Joe's fumble, like the fumble he had the last home loss two yrs ago which was against the Steelers was made late in the game with the Ravens ahead and a probable win given away. Joe's stats for last night and his quarterback ratings for his career show he is what he is... an inconsistent qb.
    Last edited by Loco Ravens Fan; 12-03-2012 at 07:55 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    Even so, Flacco got no help whatsoever from his offense. Rice had a bad game outside of one run; minimum 7 drops by his WRs, none of whom got an arm's length of separation the entire game; the OL totally fell apart in the 2nd half; Pitta did absolutely nothing outside of one play; and of course the OC was inexplicable.
    I kind of knew people were going to point to Flacco and blame him, they always do, but i think you outlined every reason why its not all on him.

was it just last week a thread was started about us leading the league with fewest drops per PFF? I think we can throw that ranking out officially after this game. If somebody has updated stats, Id love to see how many drops we had after this game by their standards because this one was pretty bad in my opinion.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous1 View Post
    :word

If we bring in a competent coordinator and get the same results then it will be time to reevaluate. Till that happens, any judgement of our offensive personnel is skewed.
    :word

It is very easy to point at Flacco right now as the main issue.

I'd certainly argue that he is AN issue...but not the main one. I mean, just look at all of the issues on offense:

WR's - continue to drop catchable passes.
    OL - continues to give up far too much pressure and continues to not get enough push in the ground game.
    RB - Rice goes through lulls of having 1 or 2 yard carries.
    TE's - can't block.

This is Cam's offense. He has his signature on it. Folks who want to jump on Flacco need to also be jumping on Cam and realize that shit rolls down hill.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MoonwalkJenkins View Post
    You just can't attempt that throw under those circumstances. The thing that's crazy is that Joe took the sack in the same situation in Pitt two weeks ago instead of attempting a crazy pass. Ravens punted, and held on for the win. Its not like he doesn't know what to do. He just inconsistently did the correct thing in this instance. That's not going to change with a different coach, its only going to change if Joe becomes better and more consistent.

Cam's offense is stale here, and needs to be replaced.

Joe Flacco is proving to be an average QB, who plays well in big games.

Both statements are true, we don't have to argue that one pov means the other is wrong.
    You're right.

However, I'd argue that Flacco's ability to come up big in big moments is THE reason why he deserves to at least be given a season or two in a functionally relevant offense. If he shrunk in big games and choked in big games consistently, I'd say it may be time to move on. That's not the case though.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Loco Ravens Fan View Post
    I believe this team will never make it to a Super Bowl with Joe Flacco as qb. Last night, he started throwing passes too high for open receivers, made a few good passes, then gave the ball to the Steelers twice in great field position (for them!). Joe's fumble, like the fumble he had the last home loss two yrs ago which was against the Steelers was made late in the game with the Ravens ahead and a probable win given away. Joe's stats for last night and his quarterback ratings for his career show he is what he is... an inconsistent qb.
    It is easy for defensive backs to undercut the routes these receivers are running. Seriously, go back and watch replay of every offensive series and tell me that Flacco had open guys the entire night. If Flacco were to throw the ball to where his receivers were, he'd had probably 20 picks against him right now. These receivers aren't getting open and scheme has a lot to do with it. The sack/strip in particular had Torrey and Jacoby running 9 routes down the field, Boldin and Pitta doing down-n-in routes about 5 yards apart from each other and Rice doing a little bleed out. Literally, NOT ONE receiver/option was open.

Yes, that play in particular is a prime example of where Joe needs to throw it away. However, I can understand why he didn't. He was trying to wait for someone to get open and Oher just couldn't hold James Harrison down.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    I kind of knew people were going to point to Flacco and blame him, they always do, but i think you outlined every reason why its not all on him.

was it just last week a thread was started about us leading the league with fewest drops per PFF? I think we can throw that ranking out officially after this game. If somebody has updated stats, Id love to see how many drops we had after this game by their standards because this one was pretty bad in my opinion.
    "Dropped passes" is such a subjective statistic and I really hate that it is. Frankly, if a receiver can get two hands on a pass, then it is catchable and should be caught. If it isn't, then it is a dropped pass. End of story.

Now, that is just MY opinion and some share that and others don't.

Last year, several stat trackers had Torrey as only having a handful of drops whereas I had him having a handful of drops in just ONE game.

The receivers for the Ravens do drop a lot of passes. Hell, Torrey dropped one that hit him in the hands in the end zone. Yet, everyone wants to point a nasty finger at Flacco for overthrowing receivers here and there. What about the OPI Boldin committed when Flacco hit him on a perfectly thrown out on 3rd and I think 11 it was. Because of the penalty it was 3rd and 20 something.

Bad routes = a small window for Flacco to throw the ball = dropped passes.