Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Average Joe

Re: Average Joe

Joe is a poor QB at best. The worst thing the Ravens can do is to re sign him to a long term contract. Joe has a extremely low football IQ.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    Cam is not to blame tonight. Please.

Joe was off the mark on everything. Short passes, intermediate.. and underthrew the long stuff.

You can't throw 46% in this league and expect to compete.
    Disagree... Cam ran that bullshit 2WR/FB/TE antiquated 1970s offense that just doesnt work against today's NFL defense. I agree that Joe did suck but again, its the repeat of Cam doing absolutely nothing to help out Joe and the rest of the offense break out of their weekly lulls during the games. Where was the f---ing no huddle which helps Joe get into a rhythm??

We don't have it because of Cam mostly, but I am not sure Joe is entirely blameless. There are a lot of routes that rely on timing, throwing it before the guy is open, and having the ball arrive in the one second the guy is open. Many times Joe is late getting rid of it and seems to need to see the guy open before he throws it (which is too late for a lot of completions). He also locks into guys almost pre-snap, especially quick outs, and just turns and throws it even if the guy is blanketed, even when he isn't remotely being rushed.

He had a bad night tonight, even if he was one of many (including the coaches). He was throwing the deep balls off his back foot for no reason and a lot of them looked like pure prayers, he was sailing some throws vs. stepping into them and throwing torso-height lasers like we know he can do. He doesn't normally look as uncomfortable as he did tonight, especially at home.

The defense is a bit more to "blame", then Cameron, then Joe, imo. We got outcoached and outplayed (effort). It was embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bawlamer View Post
    Is Joe always this average? I guess he is. They are the #1 defense. So 20 points against them is not too shabby. What also showed was our #25 defense that couldn't stop a old worn out third string QB. How many times do you get beat across the middle before you do something about it?

^this

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Flacco didnt give up 300 yards to a 3rd string QB. So, this loss being "mainly on him" is just flat out wrong.

He was a part of the loss, but at the end of the day the D got carved up by a 38 year old with a noodle arm.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    No doubt the defense could have done better. But Reed got the INT that, while it didn't hand the Ravens the game, put them in great position. Up seven, 11 minutes to go, even if you don't score, keep the opportunity to play field position by punting on 4th down. That's the same damn thing that happened courtesy of Polamalu in 2010. Which was also Flacco failing to be situationally aware.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Poeboy View Post
    Joe is a poor QB at best. The worst thing the Ravens can do is to re sign him to a long term contract. Joe has a extremely low football IQ.
    You're right...where is Vince Young when you need him...

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by redmike34 View Post

No doubt the defense could have done better. But Reed got the INT that, while it didn't hand the Ravens the game, put them in great position. Up seven, 11 minutes to go, even if you don't score, keep the opportunity to play field position by punting on 4th down. That's the same damn thing that happened courtesy of Polamalu in 2010. Which was also Flacco failing to be situationally aware.
    Or Michael Oher not reading the blitz and missing the line call made by Birk.

That play has been beat to death and it was shown that Oher was at fault there more than Flacco.

Or Michael Oher not reading the blitz and missing the line call made by Birk.

That play has been beat to death and it was shown that Oher was at fault there more than Flacco.

Well, as you can tell by my join date, wasn't around for the beating. However, blaming Oher for not being able to take care of the near-Superman that is a healthy Polamalu seems questionable off the cuff...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by redmike34 View Post

Well, as you can tell by my join date, wasn't around for the beating. However, blaming Oher for not being able to take care of the near-Superman that is a healthy Polamalu seems questionable off the cuff...
    Its really not. Birk made the line call. Polamalu was obviously blitzing on the outside. Oher just flat out did not adjust.

10. Re: Average Joe

Until Cam is replaced by an OC who runs a modern offensive scheme PROPERLY & CONSISTENTLY, it is impossible to evaluate Flacco, our WRs, TEs, and even O-Line.

Hell, even our RBs aren't being used properly ALWAYS.

You're right...where is Vince Young when you need him...

LMAO....You have to admit there is a prophetic irony whenever someone brings up a low IQ in conjunction with justifying a moronic statement.

Btw dude, you got it all wrong. We should just trade Joe for Tebow and NY Cheesecake
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post
    Until Cam is replaced by an OC who runs a modern offensive scheme PROPERLY & CONSISTENTLY, it is impossible to evaluate Flacco, our WRs, TEs, and even O-Line.

Hell, even our RBs aren't being used properly ALWAYS.
    :word

If we bring in a competent coordinator and get the same results then it will be time to reevaluate. Till that happens, any judgement of our offensive personnel is skewed.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis