Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Do we make the playoffs?

Quote Originally Posted by webbrick2007 View Post
    Another way to ask this is:

Will we be favored in any of the last four games. I think not. We will be the underdog in all of our remaining games... Maybe that will make them play with more urgency than today.

I hope Ozzie is already laying the ground work to bring in Alex Smith next year, and perhaps getting a few second and third round draft picks for Flacco.

This team should still manage to get in the playoffs and should win the division. The reality though is unless some thing drastic occurs, this team is not good enough IMO to make a run and win a Super Bowl. Saying that we will not make the playoffs cause we lost to Pittsburgh with a 3rd string QB is an overreaction. Saying that we will be toast on the road in the playoffs is not though.

Far as I am concerned, as long as our offense remains the pile of steaming pooh it has become under Cam, we will not be progressing far in the playoffs. No slants, no screens, only 9's and receivers running around covered.....oiy vey.

Alex Smith....what are you smoking bro....
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I thought Rice, Pierce, and Leach had good games, Osemele was pretty good along with Yanda.
    Leach had a good game blocking and catching. Rice had a couple of long runs, 34, 10, and 10, but went for less than 3 yards a carry on his remaining carries, including going for 1 or less yards 4 times. He also had a horrifying drop with green grass in front of him. He was outplayed by Pierce overall. I would argue that both Ravens backs were outplayed by Dwyer, who has half the talent of either of them. That's a coaching failure as much as anything else.

The OL held up pretty well in the first half, then fell apart in the second (got outcoached again, sound familiar?) The WRs were BRUTAL outside of Boldin for one stretch... again, their OC put them in position to fail with bad route designs... but still, the Steelers are down their #1 CB and our wideouts still look like this is their first Sunday playing football.

Of course we never had a #25 ranking in defense before either.

It would be almost impossible for the Ravens to miss the playoffs.

They have squeeked by enough times to preserve Miami Cam's job. It is secure for another season of mediocrity.

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    Called it in the game thread. When we lose, people are convinced we'll never win again even though Harbs and Flacco have never lost two in a row.
    They've enjoyed a top 5 defense most of their tenure... I certainly hope what you are implying is true.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    Leach had a good game blocking and catching. Rice had a couple of long runs, 34, 10, and 10, but went for less than 3 yards a carry on his remaining carries, including going for 1 or less yards 4 times. He also had a horrifying drop with green grass in front of him. He was outplayed by Pierce overall. I would argue that both Ravens backs were outplayed by Dwyer, who has half the talent of either of them. That's a coaching failure as much as anything else.

The OL held up pretty well in the first half, then fell apart in the second (got outcoached again, sound familiar?) The WRs were BRUTAL outside of Boldin for one stretch... again, their OC put them in position to fail with bad route designs... but still, the Steelers are down their #1 CB and our wideouts still look like this is their first Sunday playing football.
    I still don't understand how you can just disregard that big TD run like it's nothing.... "oh but before that he wasn't doing anything", who cares? If a back breaks away for a big TD like that, it's a big deal. Wasn't his YPC before that run like 4 anyway? That's not spectacular, but it's a solid effort, he was't out performed by Pierce lol.

7. Re: Do we make the playoffs?

What does it matter if they make the playoffs? (which they will)

This isn't a championship caliber coaching staff.

And Joe, the receivers, and the D (this year) aren't good enough to overcome that.

We missed our best chance last year when we had Pagano and a healthy dominant D.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Predictable thread.

This thread needs to go in the steaming pile with the "We will go 8-8" thread and "how does this team win 10 games" threads.
    Um, 'scuse me, but as the author of the "how does this team get to 10 wins" thread, I dispute the latter--since the team hasn't won its 10th game yet. How does it get there now? I'd like to hear which of the last 4 games you think the Ravens ought to win, and why (and no "shut up, that's why!" either).

wake up call, we will get beat next week by RG3 .... maybe a wild card.

Of course they will and win the division. But for the longterm good of the organization it might be better if they dont and blow some things up.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    That is an idiotic statement. Alex Smith has posted more efficient numbers than Flacco this year, but Jim Harbaugh and the 49ers OL is more responsible for that than Smith himself.

If Flacco had a decent playcaller and decent surrounding cast, he'd appear much better. No, he did not have a great game, but as usual, Flacco's bad game was accompanied by a bad game for EVERYONE on offense.

How many dropped passes? How many bad routes can Torrey run in a game? How bad can this OL play? Is Ray Rice just totally useless for 90% of his snaps against the Steelers? And that's not even to get into the terrible failures of our offensive coaching staff. Do we just excuse all of that because Flacco also failed to step up? No, we cannot do that.
    WHO does Smith have? I'll give you prob the best TE in the game right now, but Crabtree? A washed up Moss? Gore? I'd take SF OL but our supporting cas beats theirs hand down and by a long long way.

That said A Smith couldn't work under Cam. He's getting traded and will be a starter, but it won't be too a retard lead team like ours.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I still don't understand how you can just disregard that big TD run like it's nothing.... "oh but before that he wasn't doing anything", who cares? If a back breaks away for a big TD like that, it's a big deal. Wasn't his YPC before that run like 4 anyway? That's not spectacular, but it's a solid effort, he was't out performed by Pierce lol.
    I'm not disregarding it! It was a great play, one of Rice's best of the year. But you have to look at the totality of his game, and one GREAT play doesn't balance out a bunch of weaker ones. I just don't judge Rice to have had a great game overall. And yeah, after going back and looking at the numbers again I do admit Pierce probably didn't have a better game. I'm going to have to watch the game again to get a better sense.

Look, the bigger problem here is that their USE of Ray Rice is bizarre. They ran him up the middle behind Birk and--who would have thought--it went poorly! They never made a real effort to get him the ball in space. And then they took him off the field the ENTIRE 4th quarter.

There weren't a lot of holes and Rice missed a few that were there. When it was clear that runs straight up the middle weren't working (for whatever reason), they could have adjusted and gone to something else. They didn't, it kept Rice from having a more consistent game.