Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: Do we make the playoffs?

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    WHO does Smith have? I'll give you prob the best TE in the game right now, but Crabtree? A washed up Moss? Gore? I'd take SF OL but our supporting cas beats theirs hand down and by a long long way.

That said A Smith couldn't work under Cam. He's getting traded and will be a starter, but it won't be too a retard lead team like ours.
    Ummm.. okay. So yes, the 49ers have a far superior TE and OL. Frank Gore is, believe it or not, having a better year than Ray Rice, so they're better at RB. At WR, Crabtree is essentially a younger, faster, better version of Anquan Boldin; they've rotated Mario Manningham and Randy Moss at the other WR spot and they've gotten just a hair under 700 yards there, which is essentially the same as Torrey Smith.

Not to mention a far superior defense and one of the best offensive minds in the NFL. But yeah, Alex Smith doesn't have anybody backing him up.

Look, Alex Smith > Joe Flacco is a joke. It's the kind of thing you say if you want to make it clear to everyone that you don't know football.

We WILL make the playoffs and win the division as well.

We have tie breakers over CIN and PIT (CIN for Division record and PIT for conf record)

CIN and PIT still play each other. so one team will lose at least one more game.

I think we can still have a 1st rd bye if we beat DEN if we lose to them we wont and will be the 3 or 4 seed win at home and probably lose at Houston and have a small shot at DEN. But really once you get in the playoffs anything can happen.

You know what's funny? Losing this game today may set us up for a WC game against Pit...

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    Um, 'scuse me, but as the author of the "how does this team get to 10 wins" thread, I dispute the latter--since the team hasn't won its 10th game yet. How does it get there now? I'd like to hear which of the last 4 games you think the Ravens ought to win, and why (and no "shut up, that's why!" either).
    There's a massive, massive difference between saying they can lose each individual game and saying they can lose ALL four games.

Blog Entries

I believe the Ravens win next week. They will be fired up after this loss and the Redskins are just not a good team. After that, it's anyone's guess what will happen. They close with a brutal stretch of three games. They had a good chance of picking up the number 2 seed, but I believe they threw it away today. Win today and next week, and all they would have to do, in all likelihood, to get the number 2 seed wound be beating Denver at home. Now, unless they run the table, they are going to need serious help. Getting to the SB out of the 3 or 4 seed will be very hard with the way this team plays on the road.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    Of course they will and win the division.
    Really? Look at the remaining schedules for the Bengals, Steelers & Colts. The only difficult opponent for either CIN or PGH (besides each other in Week 16) is DAL, & the Skins proved on Turkey Day they can be had. The Colts play home&home with HOU but their other two opponents are TEN and @KC. It is entirely possible that going into Week 17 the two AFCN rivals stand no worse than 9-6 and Indy is 10-5. In that case, if the Ravens have not managed to beat WAS or DEN or NYG, the loser of BAL@CIN in Week 17 would almost certainly go home.

So which of the Ravens' remaining opponents do you think they will beat, and why?
    But for the longterm good of the organization it might be better if they dont and blow some things up.
    Can't argue with that--the rot seems to have gone pretty deep.

The Manning brothers will make mince meat of the Ravens defense (you can bank on two losses there). If the Raven's couldn't beat a 3rd string 37year old quarterback in their own house they will not be RG3 in DC. My guess is that week 17 in Cinci will decide their playoff fate this year - and I don't think it looks good.

You have to remember that this is the offensive juggernaut that put two offensive field goals up on the board against Chargers and won the KC game with three field goals. They are a bad team that is likely to get worse.

If the Ravens do implode you you can say goodbye to Cam.

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    Really? Look at the remaining schedules for the Bengals, Steelers & Colts. The only difficult opponent for either CIN or PGH (besides each other in Week 16) is DAL, & the Skins proved on Turkey Day they can be had. The Colts play home&home with HOU but their other two opponents are TEN and @KC. It is entirely possible that going into Week 17 the two AFCN rivals stand no worse than 9-6 and Indy is 10-5. In that case, if the Ravens have not managed to beat WAS or DEN or NYG, the loser of BAL@CIN in Week 17 would almost certainly go home.

So which of the Ravens' remaining opponents do you think they will beat, and why?Can't argue with that--the rot seems to have gone pretty deep.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinG View Post
    But its still a mystery if they will even make it deep into the postseason.
    And exactly which teams can you not say this about?

This team had been getting by and winning despite really Bad coaching.. You guys keep laying the blame at one persons feet, This is not the case. Flacco need to take his slice of the suckage, Its been 5 years man there is no
    next step. Cam is hell bent on running his ancient offense, and harbs, most of the time is clueless in his time out and challenge usage. Do we make the playoffs? Yes. Can we win a road game and go to the SB? Hey Greenbay and the Giants did it..

Blog Entries

I'm not a doom and gloomer but if they don't beat Washington, I don't think they win the division. They should still be able to get in as a WC but I don't see them beating Denver or Cincinatti.

Pittsburgh is probably going to finish 11-5 so the Ravens are going to need two more wins and hope the tiebreakers work in their favor.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

PLAYOFFS???!!!!, pLAYOFFS??? WE TALKIN BOUT PLAYOFFS???

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensghost View Post
    This team had been getting by and winning despite really Bad coaching.. You guys keep laying the blame at one persons feet, This is not the case. Flacco need to take his slice of the suckage, Its been 5 years man there is no
    next step. Cam is hell bent on running his ancient offense, and harbs, most of the time is clueless in his time out and challenge usage. Do we make the playoffs? Yes. Can we win a road game and go to the SB? Hey Greenbay and the Giants did it..
    they had Eli and Aaron...we have Joseph