Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire cam

1. Re: Fire cam

Quote Originally Posted by Sirdowski View Post
    When we went 3 and out throwing the ball three straight times on our final drive, I knew the game was over.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
    When I saw our D couldn't stop them one more time, then I knew it was over.

If our D could've stopped them, and Joe was allowed to call his own plays in the no-huddle hurry up...we still had a chance to NOT snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Blog Entries

Re: Fire cam

Fish stinks from the head fella's.

I like Hargbuagh, alot, personally. And I think he's a good leader, but not a good coach.

Charlie Batch threw for 300 yards. Bend but don't break is a conservative approach that failed.

We saw in the Yahoo! article that Cam wants to go no huddle, but Harbaugh doesn't. I know Cam is the OC and designs the plays, calls the plays, but Harbaugh seems to be the one putting the overly conservative approach on them, as well as the D.

Over the Harbuagh era we've constantly played down to our competition, either because the team is not prepared or because we don't want to take too many chances and lose the game ourselves.

You can throw the regular season records at me all day long, and those are great, no doubt - we've been spoiled compared to other fans. But the conservative approach, archaic predictable play calling, TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE clock management may get us a fair amount of regular season wins consistently and few post season wins, but barring a miraculous hot streak I don't a Super Bowl with this coaching staff.

Cam may bethe shackles around this teams legs but Harbaugh is the chain that holds them together.

I wonder what Billick might have been able to do with this amount of offensive talent. He never had it under his reign. Partly his fault of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    seriously? I thought he called one of his better games but Flacco was again sub par
    WHAT!?!?!?!? Ricky Proehl could have called a better game. Take off the purple glasses. You have lost it BRO!!!

Not bad for a RUNNING BACK!!! Now that is funny.
    #FIREROMAN

There seems to be a lot of people here who seem to be intent on blaming the playcalling OR the player's execution.

When it all boils down to it, it's clear that it's a bit of both and neither helped eached other. Yes, some of the play calling was awful (need 5 yards, let's call a play that takes 10 seconds to develop and leave our QB a sitting duck!), but Flacco's passing was off at times, and some of the passes dropped were inexcusable.

You can argue which came first, but the reason we lost was that no facet of the game really stepped up last night. Through all the games we've shaded, we've been able to rely on something to win the game, whether offence, defense or spec. teams. Sure, offence and defense had their moments but were not consistent enough and special teams were poor. Add in the coaching mistakes, such as the ridiculous challenge and you can see it was all one giant cluster-feck of a shambles.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenblue View Post
    There seems to be a lot of people here who seem to be intent on blaming the playcalling OR the player's execution.

When it all boils down to it, it's clear that it's a bit of both and neither helped eached other. Yes, some of the play calling was awful (need 5 yards, let's call a play that takes 10 seconds to develop and leave our QB a sitting duck!), but Flacco's passing was off at times, and some of the passes dropped were inexcusable.

You can argue which came first, but the reason we lost was that no facet of the game really stepped up last night. Through all the games we've shaded, we've been able to rely on something to win the game, whether offence, defense or spec. teams. Sure, offence and defense had their moments but were not consistent enough and special teams were poor. Add in the coaching mistakes, such as the ridiculous challenge and you can see it was all one giant cluster-feck of a shambles.
    Players have come and gone. But we still see the same results! WHO DO YOU BLAME?????? Coaching! As of right now they are all to blame. But so is the GM and Owner for letting it to continue! PERIOD!

Not bad for a RUNNING BACK!!! Now that is funny.
    #FIREROMAN

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenblue View Post

Ray Rice didn't touch the ball in the 4th quarter.

Some observations -

They only utilize half the field. They will only throw outside the hashes unless forced to.

They only utilize half the routes on the receiver tree. The very first drive of the game (I think Joe may have audibled but Im not 100% sure) Joe threw a slant to Bolden. It worked beautifully. Guess what? It was the only slant of the game. No comeback routes. No posts. No corner routes. No drags. No rub routes. Nothing. I don't understand how people can bitch about the receivers not getting seperation. If the defense knows you're only gonna run one of four routes and it's always going to be to the outside it's easy for them to gameplan against. Heck, they have an extra defender every time because of the sideline.

We make no adjustments during the second half, which is a pattern that has been going on too long.

Harbs make a bonehead challenge and burns a timeout. That may or may not be on him depending on what the coaches said from the booth.

The defense has to find some pressure from somewhere. If they can't find it from base defense then Pees is going to have to blitz more. I would rather get burned being aggressive then bleed a slow death. At least being aggressive you have more of a chance for takeaways. Hopefully he can disguise the blitzes well and not show it 3 seconds before the ball is snapped.

Here are four changes that imo the Ravens HAVE to make this offseason unless things drastically change:

#1 - They need to get a very good, reliable pass rusher to compliment Suggs whether or not Kruger comes back. It can be through the draft or free agency but the future success of the defense depends on it.

#2 - Moeller needs to be fired. They need a new O-line coach with a new system because Moeller is not getting it done. You add that up to his embarassing actions off the field and I have no idea how the guy is still employed by the Ravens.

#3 - The Cam/Joe decision. Let's face it, regardless of who you think the blame falls on the bottomline is the ship has sailed on these two working together in the future. Either you cut bait with Flacco and let him walk if you don't want to commit the money to him or you tell Harbs that Cam has to go and find your next OC. In a perfect world this would have happened a year ago so the Ravens could have evaluated Joe in a different system (to see if it was Cam's fault, Joe's fault, or both of their faults) before giving him a new deal.

#4 - The front office needs to evaluate the entire coaching staff. If the rumours are true about Cam wanting to run a no huddle offense and Harbs putting a stop to it, all for the sake of being conservative, then Ozzie and Bisciotti have to make a front offense decision and either let Cam go and/or to tell Harbs this team needs to be more aggressive and play to win - don't play to not lose. Imo that mentality is one of the main reasons why this team is consistently good...but also why they consistently fail to reach the SB. Whether or not Cam is brought back the front office still needs to tell the coaching staff to play to win.
    Last edited by Cj34; 12-04-2012 at 12:35 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavensQB View Post
    Players have come and gone. But we still see the same results! WHO DO YOU BLAME?????? Coaching! As of right now they are all to blame. But so is the GM and Owner for letting it to continue! PERIOD!
    This is a good point. We were talking about how none of the receivers could get open 2 and 3 years ago.

...hmmm....I wonder why...
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Ray Rice didn't touch the ball in the 4th quarter.
    A lot of that is because the defense couldn't get off the field.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cj34 View Post
    Some observations -

They only utilize half the field. They will only throw outside the hashes unless forced to.

They only utilize half the routes on the receiver tree. The very first drive of the game (I think Joe may have audibled but Im not 100% sure) Joe threw a slant to Bolden. It worked beautifully. Guess what? It was the only slant of the game. No comeback routes. No posts. No corner routes. No drags. No rub routes. Nothing. I don't understand how people can bitch about the receivers not getting seperation. If the defense knows you're only gonna run one of four routes and it's always going to be to the outside it's easy for them to gameplan against. Heck, they have an extra defender every time because of the sideline.

We make no adjustments during the second half, which is a pattern that has been going on too long.

Harbs make a bonehead challenge and burns a timeout. That may or may not be on him depending on what the coaches said from the booth.

The defense has to find some pressure from somewhere. If they can't find it from base defense then Pees is going to have to blitz more. I would rather get burned being agressive then bleed a slow death. At least being agressive you have more of a chance for takeaways. Hopefully he can disguise the blitzes well and not show it 3 seconds before the ball is snapped.

Here are four changes that imo the Ravens HAVE to make this offseason unless things drastically change:

#1 - They need to get a very good, reliable pass rusher to compliment Suggs whether or not Kruger comes back. It can be through the draft or free agency but the future success of the defense depends on it.

#2 - Moeller needs to be fired. They need a new O-line coach with a new system because Moeller is not getting it done. You add that up to his embarassing actions off the field and I have no idea how the guy is still employed by the Ravens.

#3 - The Cam/Joe decision. Let's face it, regardless of who you think the blame falls on the bottomline is I think the ship has sailed on these two working together in the future. Either you cut bait with Flacco and let him walk if you don't want to commit the money to him or you tell Harbs that Cam has to go and find your next OC. In a perfect world this would have happened a year ago so the Ravens could have evaluated Joe in a different system (to see if it was Cam's fault, Joe's fault, or both of their faults) before giving him a new deal.

#4 - The front office needs to evaluate the entire coaching staff. If the rumours are true about Cam wanting to run a no huddle offense and Harbs putting a stop to it, all for the sake of being conservative, then Ozzie and Bisciotti have to make a front offense decision and either let Cam go and/or to tell Harbs this team needs to be more agressive and play to win - don't play to not lose. Imo that mentality is one of the main reasons why this team is consistently good...but also why they consistently fails to reach the SB. Whether or not Cam is brought back the front office still needs to tell the coaching staff to play to win.
    Cutting bait with Flacco would be the equivalent of San Diego letting Drew Brees go. Except Flacco hasn't torn his throwing shoulder. And the Ravens don't have a top QB pick waiting in the wings (a la Phillip Rivers).

I bet if Flacco were to go to another team with a better offensive scheme he might actually win a SB. It's not going to happen here in Baltimore with Cam.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    A lot of that is because the defense couldn't get off the field.
    I'm not absolving the defense of any wrongdoing because they allowed the Steelers to just walk down the field on them, but you can't tell me that Rice got the ball enough. Rice needs to see at least 25 touches.