Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 1213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire cam

Blog Entries

Re: Fire cam

didn't the FO hire some kinda mathematician stat guru? You would think he would be in Ozzie face with these numbers? we got guys on here pulling numbers left and right to support cam is a moron. What the hell they hire the guy for? to warm the coffee pot?
    Last edited by Jsmoove; 12-04-2012 at 04:18 PM.

Blog Entries

I think Flacco has the skill to be a very good QB, but just like we keep saying with Cam "shoving a square peg into a round hole" Flacco can't complete passes when WR's are not getting open or seperation. He does not like to force the ball. Watch some tape on Flacco and then come back and discuss his skill level. His inabilities fall into the hands of a horrible scheme and ancient system. Like at the facts. Audibles are over ratted, WR's run their assigned route and do not deviat (watch Boldin in AZ, how was he so effective, he ran to the open areas of the field and made DB's pay when he got going) It is frustrating to us on the couch, how do you think he fells when asked to do the same thing over and over and over again. Fanatic posted some great videos of Flacco in college.
    Flacco has some bad games it happens, but the inability to try every thing in the arsenal or go to the running game in those situations is just another major flaw that Cam has.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    didn't the FO higher some kinda mathematician stat guru? You would think he would be in Ozzie face with these numbers? we got guys on here pulling numbers left and right to support cam is a moron. What the hell they hire the guy for? to warm the coffee pot?
    Must have been Harbs buddy

Let me also say this...I am 110% convinced that Caldwell is NOT the answer as the OC here.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sua Sponte View Post
    I think Flacco has the skill to be a very good QB, but just like we keep saying with Cam "shoving a square peg into a round hole" Flacco can't complete passes when WR's are not getting open or seperation. He does not like to force the ball. Watch some tape on Flacco and then come back and discuss his skill level. His inabilities fall into the hands of a horrible scheme and ancient system. Like at the facts. Audibles are over ratted, WR's run their assigned route and do not deviat (watch Boldin in AZ, how was he so effective, he ran to the open areas of the field and made DB's pay when he got going) It is frustrating to us on the couch, how do you think he fells when asked to do the same thing over and over and over again. Fanatic posted some great videos of Flacco in college.
    Flacco has some bad games it happens, but the inability to try every thing in the arsenal or go to the running game in those situations is just another major flaw that Cam has.
    You can attribute that to almost EVERY quarterback that has ever played the position.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    Joe's passer rating outside the numbers: 65.1

Joe's passer rating inside the numbers: 105.2

I checked 5 other QBs and NOBODY has a disparity as stark as that. Some have higher ratings throwing to the right than to the left, etc. but NOBODY is a 40 point split like that. (Just an FYI, for Joe there's no other significant disparity based on part of the field--it's the same left vs. right on all counts.)

220 throws outside the numbers, 206 inside the numbers. None of the QBs I checked had thrown over 50% outside the numbers, either.

I love looking at statistical splits. They shed a LOT of light onto the nuances of what's really going on. How much more often does it need to be said that Cam Cameron's passing offense is completely out of whack?
    POST. OF. THE. YEAR.

Let's all fax this to the Castle ASAP.

Talk about NOT properly utilizing your QB's talents.....

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    Joe's passer rating outside the numbers: 65.1

Joe's passer rating inside the numbers: 105.2

I checked 5 other QBs and NOBODY has a disparity as stark as that. Some have higher ratings throwing to the right than to the left, etc. but NOBODY is a 40 point split like that. (Just an FYI, for Joe there's no other significant disparity based on part of the field--it's the same left vs. right on all counts.)

220 throws outside the numbers, 206 inside the numbers. None of the QBs I checked had thrown over 50% outside the numbers, either.

I love looking at statistical splits. They shed a LOT of light onto the nuances of what's really going on. How much more often does it need to be said that Cam Cameron's passing offense is completely out of whack?
    Out of curiosity, do you have the numbers in such a way to plot year over year? It'd be very interesting to see the trends - number of attempts, completion percentage etc... year over year.

Blog Entries

are a lot of those 'inside the numbers' passes just dump offs? that may be a big part of it because they don't run many crossing routes

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    are a lot of those 'inside the numbers' passes just dump offs? that may be a big part of it because they don't run many crossing routes
    Also an interesting perspective.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by b-more_4_Life View Post
    POST. OF. THE. YEAR.

Let's all fax this to the Castle ASAP.

Talk about NOT properly utilizing your QB's talents.....
    Out of curiosity, I wonder how many of those passes inside the numbers were check down passes and screens. Those are usually very high percentage throws. The Ravens usually don't throw deep passes in the middle of the field. That is where a TE with speed would attack a defense, but Dickson has been hurt/ineffective and Pitta lacks the speed to run those routes.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Out of curiosity, I wonder how many of those passes inside the numbers were check down passes and screens. Those are usually very high percentage throws. The Ravens usually don't throw deep passes in the middle of the field. That is where a TE with speed would attack a defense, but Dickson has been hurt/ineffective and Pitta lacks the speed to run those routes.
    Not that I really disagree with you, but Pitta and Dickson virtually ran the same 40-time at the combine...

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Not that I really disagree with you, but Pitta and Dickson virtually ran the same 40-time at the combine...
    A little stereotyping in that post?