How will the Ravens fare?

It just so happens that this team is at an all season high for the injury bug, with majority affecting the defense.

Key Injuries:
    -Ellerbe
    -R. Lewis
    -McPhee
    -Suggs
    -Webb
    -J Smith
    -Ngata ( Although still playing )
    -McClain
    -Dickson

How will this team fare once the injured players are back on the field, perhaps some of them at almost full strength in week 16 or 17? I am expecting both Ray Lewis and Suggs to be back on the field no later than week 16 against the Giants, but neither will be at 100%. Ellerbe has been a pivotal part of this defense this season, and his return will be much welcomed as well.
    With the above list of players either getting heathy or returning to the game, do you think this Ravens team will rebound at the end of the season, just in time for the playoffs?
    Last edited by palukaraven; 12-10-2012 at 11:17 AM.

Re: How will the Ravens fare?

I see the positive threads don't get quite as much discussion as the ones about the world is coming to an end!

Who knows... It doesn't look good. Ray and Suggs will be lucky to get back on the field and stay on the field, let a lone be effective. You have Webb listed. He isn't coming back.

The Ravens will not rebound and they will be lucky to be 10-6. If they beat the Bengals and go 10-6 they will win the division. They will go to the playoffs and lose. Heck, they may even scrape a 1st round win against one one of the wildcards and then lose the next weekend.

Last year was the year and they fucked it up. The door is closed.

Blog Entries

I still say that the Ravens will win the division, but will do so by losing two out of the next three games and backing into that division title. Actually, at 10-6, a good argument can be made that this record accurately reflects the quality of this year's Ravens team. The Ravens aren't a good enough team to have a 14-2 or 13-3 record this year.

You didn't mention Ray Rice and Yanda. We don't know Rice's status, but Yanda is pretty much a confirmed scratch.

The mounting injuries are making the situation worse, and I'm keeping my expectations in check. I think the Ravens manage to eke out the AFCN title, but beyond that...

I'm still coming to grips with the fact that after all four AFCN clubs played their respective games Sunday, the only team in the division to win was...

...the ...Cleveland ...Browns.

Wonder when the last time was that happened.