Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire cam

Re: Fire cam

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Cutting bait with Flacco would be the equivalent of San Diego letting Drew Brees go. Except Flacco hasn't torn his throwing shoulder. And the Ravens don't have a top QB pick waiting in the wings (a la Phillip Rivers).

I bet if Flacco were to go to another team with a better offensive scheme he might actually win a SB. It's not going to happen here in Baltimore with Cam.

Let me stress that it's not my opinion to cut bait with Flacco, only that the Ravens need to makes a choice between Joe and Cam. They can either keep Joe and get rid of Cam or vice versa. My personal opinion is to get rid of Cam and put Joe in a new system but obviously I'm not Ozzie or Bisciotti.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cj34 View Post

My personal opinion is to get rid of Cam and put Joe in a new system but obviously I'm not Ozzie or Bisciotti.
    :word This is what needs to happen. They need to bring in a new offensive coordinator that runs an offense from this decade.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Not a fan of Cam, and he certainly didn't do a ton to help, but when you have a QB that was jittery all game and missed a ton of throws, I don't know how much you can expect....I'm honestly shocked Joe played like he did.
    I am not that good at telling if the offense had a good game plan or not, but I do know that was one of Flacco's worst home performances in a long time. He missed several wide open receivers, he had some poor throws, and you just cannot turn the ball over late in the game on your own 27.

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleRaven View Post
    Simply put, the team lacked energy and was unprepared in a big game.
    I thought the entire stadium lacked energy. For a Ravens/Steeler game, I thought the crowd was pathetic. I was there, so I will own up to my part.

Flacco underthrew Torrey on deep balls where he had his man beat at least 3 times...whether he caught it or not may be up for debate.
    Not sure if it was an underthrowing, or if Flacco just didn't get the ball out quicker. Flacco seemed slow in his reads and throws.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Cam gave up 300 yards to Charlie B-atch, fire his ass
    The fact of the matter is, the Steelers should have scored 2 more TDs.

:DeadHorse:

Cutting bait with Flacco would be the equivalent of San Diego letting Drew Brees go. Except Flacco hasn't torn his throwing shoulder. And the Ravens don't have a top QB pick waiting in the wings (a la Phillip Rivers).

I bet if Flacco were to go to another team with a better offensive scheme he might actually win a SB. It's not going to happen here in Baltimore with Cam.

We all agree he needs to go.

WHAT WILL IT TAKE TO GET RID OF HIM - SERIOUSLY?

Oh no...at least in the first half, he was high on quite a few short passes.

And he underthrew Torrey on deep balls where he had his man beat at least 3 times...whether he caught it or not may be up for debate.
    He was constantly throwing off his back foot and thus putting too much air under his throws. He was doing this even when he wasn't pressured. Had he used good mechanics and stepped into his throws, those would have been much better throws and not under throws.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Blog Entries

Yes Joe was high on some passes.... have to get the ball over the underneath man.
    Hey diddle diddle run the out not the middle.
    Mattison could have done the same to Cam's offense, especially not having to defend part of the field.

But I will say that Can is a genius.... He has to be to get and hold onto a job.
    And he does make adjustments.... He adjusted Jim Zorn, more testimony to his genius < end sarcasm>

I am so freaking tired of hearing "lack of execution"
    Draw up a game plan that your players are more capable of executing! The armchair analysts (myself included) are screaming to use the middle of the field .... don't you know that Leach can catch the ball? Did you ever consider that he would be wide open underneath once he barrels through the line? Others have covered a number of plays that Cam doesn't seem to know how to work into a highly executable game plan. Of course it is always going to be lack of execution and NEVER The great Cam's fault .... remember the 1-15 record of Miami? It was he didn't have the players!!!! Not his game plan fault.. not ever Cam's fault... the man is a freaking genius at ducking responsibility.

@Ravininwoodlawn, I also noticed Ed jumping routes and then scrambling to get back to the open guy behind him.

One more reason why the Yellows won, time of possession!
    Our O had 25:39 our D was on the field for 34:21 .... things like that tire a pass rush/secondary out in the 4th Q....
    so one more reason that Malcolm "Typhoid Mary" Cameron is also the most dangerous person to our D and nobody suspects...

Note to Steve Bisciotti, hope you have a plan to undo the damage being done by holding onto Cam instead of Zorn. All you will see on boards like this is anger and frustration, what you won't see is the outlying growing indifference, I'm on other forums where the Ravens are no longer mentioned at all and the Redskins have also stopped being discussed (Orakpo/Carriker injuries) But we are not talking about die-hard fans, just casual fans and Typhoid Cam is damaging the general buzz for sure.
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    He was constantly throwing off his back foot and thus putting too much air under his throws. He was doing this even when he wasn't pressured. Had he used good mechanics and stepped into his throws, those would have been much better throws and not under throws.
    Agreed.

It was evident for me on his first pass to Torrey.

And I'm pretty sure I remember a dirt ball to start the second half.

On a side note, I'm getting awfully tired of folks making this an either / or debate For some odd reason, if you point out the very specific player failures in this game, you're now somehow pro-Cam and think he's the greatest thing since the frozen pizza.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Agreed.

It was evident for me on his first pass to Torrey.

And I'm pretty sure I remember a dirt ball to start the second half.

On a side note, I'm getting awfully tired of folks making this an either / or debate For some odd reason, if you point out the very specific player failures in this game, you're now somehow pro-Cam and think he's the greatest thing since the frozen pizza.
    Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    I have noticed the past few weeks he has been doing that a lot lately.

Not sure why, but you'd think they would be addressing that during the week.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Probably a habit from Matt Birk getting steam rolled.

Joe had a lot of problems in 2010 with throwing off his back foot as well, not so much last year. In week 2 of 2010 where Joe threw 4 INTs, he was literally throwing every single pass off his back foot, not stepping into his throws.

I hate to descend into a psuedo-sports-psychology debate, but Joe is a passer who needs to be comfortable. Some of the mouth-breathers who hear me say that will throw down their can of Four Loco and scream that means he has no balls, but whatever, it's true--Joe and a lot of other QBs (Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, etc.) play badly when they don't feel comfortable in the pocket.

Flacco needs to get a few completions to heat up, and when he's sensing pressure and losing confidence in his WRs he starts airmailing balls hoping for PIs, overthrowing the long ball to avoid INTs, etc. If that's the kind of QB he is, fine, so be it--you have to scheme to GET him comfortable and THEN start asking him to make the big throws.

We KNOW Flacco feels more confident out of the no-huddle. We could have gone into the no-huddle coming out of the 2nd half after Pittsburgh scored 10 consecutive points to tie it up, let Flacco get hot and see if he can take the game over. Instead, we didn't run a single no-huddle play (only ONE the entire game.)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    Joe had a lot of problems in 2010 with throwing off his back foot as well, not so much last year. In week 2 of 2010 where Joe threw 4 INTs, he was literally throwing every single pass off his back foot, not stepping into his throws.

I hate to descend into a psuedo-sports-psychology debate, but Joe is a passer who needs to be comfortable. Some of the mouth-breathers who hear me say that will throw down their can of Four Loco and scream that means he has no balls, but whatever, it's true--Joe and a lot of other QBs (Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, etc.) play badly when they don't feel comfortable in the pocket.

Flacco needs to get a few completions to heat up, and when he's sensing pressure and losing confidence in his WRs he starts airmailing balls hoping for PIs, overthrowing the long ball to avoid INTs, etc. If that's the kind of QB he is, fine, so be it--you have to scheme to GET him comfortable and THEN start asking him to make the big throws.

We KNOW Flacco feels more confident out of the no-huddle. We could have gone into the no-huddle coming out of the 2nd half after Pittsburgh scored 10 consecutive points to tie it up, let Flacco get hot and see if he can take the game over. Instead, we didn't run a single no-huddle play (only ONE the entire game.)
    I agree with this post 100%. Joe seems to be a rhythm QB. The same could be said for any QB really. Cam does Joe no favors in the way he calls plays. Why can't Cam dial up some easy completions then work in some deep shots?