Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire cam

Re: Petition to fire Cam Cameron

Giant face palm!!!

this will have as much affect on CC's job as "Just Say No" had on teen pregnancy.
    "CARPE LOMBARDI"

You mean it will INCREASE HIS ODDS of keeping his job?!?!
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Cam isn't going anywhere. He'll be our offensive coordinator until he decides to retire or take some other job. Either way, he'll leave on his terms. I've always thought that he was the problem, but I'm starting to think that Flacco might be a large part of it now.

Why is a newbie doing this? Troll?

Re: Fire cam

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    Alot of interesting comments and points on this thread.

Guess I'll add my .02.

All this talk about the short comings of Flaccos ability to make certain throws, holding the ball too long, not being able to read defenses and find the open man, no pocket presence, no mobility, etc., etc. etc.
    We've all seen it on various threads every week over the past 5 years.

All this talk about Cams offense being outdated, not enough routes and route combinations, receivers unable to get separation, no throws over the middle, no seam routes, no crossing routes or misdirection, curl or come back routes, etc. etc., etc.

Nothing but 9 and fly routes outside the hash marks with the occasional check down to Rice, etc.

Watch This

And
    Excerpted to not spam.

Loved this. Thank you.

Here's another guy that doesn't succeed in our system.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0eWq2UZu88

It is probably time for Harbaugh to go - he doesn't seem to realize Cam is a problem.

Don't know your X's and O's - time to go.

Cam has had

Brees for four (4) years, and
    Rivers for one (1) year, and
    Flacco for five (5) years, and

has produced TEN (10) YEARS of CONSISTENTLY MEDIOCRE OFFENSIVE FOOTBALL.

What more do you need to know about the guy. Brees and Rivers are the lucky ones - he's only a distant nightmare in their dreams. However, he's like Joe's Freddy Kruger!

Get him out of here! One he was out of the picture Brees and Rivers both exploded! We need a new scheme! To many weapons to look as poor as we do on offense. Does cam know what crossing routes are or even how to use the middle of the field? I've had enough. We will never get a Super Bowl with him at OC, we are just too predictable with him running the offense.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/f...the/signatures

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by darthpemo View Post
    Excerpted to not spam.

Loved this. Thank you.

Here's another guy that doesn't succeed in our system.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0eWq2UZu88
    lol thats so sick i actually saw joe step in the pocket, fukin cam ruined the dude last 5 years

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxW_RdJjtos

My only .02 cents here...

I really pay no attention to those complaining about Cams play calls. ALL OC's call plays that don't work and plays that don't mesh with the flow of the game at times.

It's his PHILOSOPHY that IMHO, just doesn't mesh for today's NFL.

It's an offense based on the ancient Raiders offense...run the ball down your throat and throw it over your head. It's the Al Davis offense.

In today's NFL, that just doesn't lend itself to consistent NFL football. Back in the 70's and early 80's, that offense worked because defenses played a lot of man based schemes, or schemes with single high safeties. Today, there is a ton of Tampa Cover 2...or even man with 2 deep safeties and those defenses don't lend themselves to deep plays. They force offenses to take what they can and force them to go 80 yards without any big plays...and wait for offenses to make mistakes.

So if you are mistake prone, AND you like to chuck it deep 10+ times a game...by design and not necessarily because they are open, it lends itself to a bunch of inconsistent offense if you aren't hitting those deep balls.

I mean it's clear...when we are hitting those deep passes, few things look prettier than our offense.

But when Joe is off, or the WR's aren't making those deep receptions or the OL isn't giving time for those plays to develop, you get what we have...an offense that is stagnant, inconsistent, and shoots itself in the foot way too much.

The other top passing offenses are designed to get the ball out of the QB's hands quick and the QB's are drilled to get rid of the ball asap on 3 step and a few 5 step drops. Their offensive lines don't have to block as long. Their WR's have quick routes that allow them to get the ball in space. The QB doesn't have to hold the ball making long reads way down the field. So basically, the OL doesn't have to be all that good...it limits the amount of double teams on WR's...and the QB makes a lot of easier, high percentage throws that move the chains.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Great post RIW.
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin

Blog Entries

Lots of good posts in here.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

-Arnold Schwarzenegger

Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    The other top passing offenses are designed to get the ball out of the QB's hands quick and the QB's are drilled to get rid of the ball asap on 3 step and a few 5 step drops. Their offensive lines don't have to block as long. Their WR's have quick routes that allow them to get the ball in space. The QB doesn't have to hold the ball making long reads way down the field. So basically, the OL doesn't have to be all that good...it limits the amount of double teams on WR's...and the QB makes a lot of easier, high percentage throws that move the chains.
    Really good points....I will touch on this last one. Personally, I am not convinced that Flacco can be that quick read/react QB. I don't think Harbaugh and Cameron are convinced either. Maybe with good reason.

I do think the Ravens need to find out before they pay Flacco his big payday. And while I am somewhat hopeful that the next few months will tell us a lot about what kind of QB Flacco is or isn't. I think they really need to see what another OC could do (most likely Caldwell) next season.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    My only .02 cents here...

I really pay no attention to those complaining about Cams play calls. ALL OC's call plays that don't work and plays that don't mesh with the flow of the game at times.

It's his PHILOSOPHY that IMHO, just doesn't mesh for today's NFL.

It's an offense based on the ancient Raiders offense...run the ball down your throat and throw it over your head. It's the Al Davis offense.

In today's NFL, that just doesn't lend itself to consistent NFL football. Back in the 70's and early 80's, that offense worked because defenses played a lot of man based schemes, or schemes with single high safeties. Today, there is a ton of Tampa Cover 2...or even man with 2 deep safeties and those defenses don't lend themselves to deep plays. They force offenses to take what they can and force them to go 80 yards without any big plays...and wait for offenses to make mistakes.

So if you are mistake prone, AND you like to chuck it deep 10+ times a game...by design and not necessarily because they are open, it lends itself to a bunch of inconsistent offense if you aren't hitting those deep balls.

I mean it's clear...when we are hitting those deep passes, few things look prettier than our offense.

But when Joe is off, or the WR's aren't making those deep receptions or the OL isn't giving time for those plays to develop, you get what we have...an offense that is stagnant, inconsistent, and shoots itself in the foot way too much.

5 star post. If Flacco hits on those deep passes, the offense looks better, but those passes are so low percentage. It's just stupid to have to rely on those low percentage plays to be successful.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    Really good points....I will touch on this last one. Personally, I am not convinced that Flacco can be that quick read/react QB. I don't think Harbaugh and Cameron are convinced either. Maybe with good reason.

I do think the Ravens need to find out before they pay Flacco his big payday. And while I am somewhat hopeful that the next few months will tell us a lot about what kind of QB Flacco is or isn't. I think they really need to see what another OC could do (most likely Caldwell) next season.
    I think Flacco can be if they ran routes which were predicated on a quick 3 or 5 stop drop. Cam intends on running these 15+ yard long developing routes which forces Flacco to hold the ball to wait for a receiver to get open.