Page 1 of 13 123 ... LastLast

Ravens Near Mutiny / Yahoo Story

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--jo...164505133.html

Just mentioned on SiriusXM, apparently after the Texans loss the team took issue with a practice in pads on Halloween and it became a great therapy session instead of dysfunction.

Fascinating story.

Re: Ravens Near Mutiny / Yahoo Story

Very fascinating.

This article needs to be stickied, tattooed, whatever to all of those who think Harbs is a tyrant or stubborn, incapable of flexibility. It takes a lot of guts and even more leadership to admit you're wrong and to then turn the moment into getting the team on board again.

Time will tell if this propels the team into the playoffs and beyond but it's a great start!

Blog Entries

did Cam say he's been wrong?

Blog Entries

That article further reinforces my opinion about Harbaugh being a great leader. Clearly, Harbaugh has read How to Win Friends and Influence People multiple times because everything he does is taken straight from that book. And if you haven't read that book, it's a must read.
    Last edited by Paintballguy; 11-28-2012 at 01:46 PM.

Great story. People who doubt Flacco is a leader in the locker room, look no further than this:

"By meeting's end Flacco and linebacker Jameel McClain had given constructive speeches that helped bring the team together, and Harbaugh actually felt enriched by the experience. "
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

After that, is it any wonder the Ravens went 4-0 in November.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

That's pretty amazing. It's one thing to own up to your mistakes. It's another to have the clarity to do it in the exact moment where, as a coach, you've just been challenged by multiple players in front of your whole team.

I think the vast majority of people would become terrified and defensive in that situation, resorting to attacking (verbally) those that challenged them, dolling out punishment, and/or doubling down and basically saying "this is how it's going to be, so deal with it."

I'm truly impressed by this.

Blog Entries

I find it odd that Cam was the one pushing for the no huddle. Hes the OC if he wants it, shouldnt that be the end of it? Its kind of implying Harbaugh is sticking his two sense into the offense, maybe not to its benefit?

I think Harbaugh as a leader has and continues to be good and fair. As a player, i couldnt imagine a much better scenario, especially with how many stubborn coaches are out there. However, i dislike that our players get upset about practicing in pads after an ass kicking the week before. It may have led to a greater conversation, but the fact that they didnt want to strap pads on and got their way seems like they werent "embracing the grind".
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Great article.

Personally, I LOVE Harbuagh. The story about Torrey and his brother and how HArbaugh handled it, how he took issue with people questioning how excited he (Harbs) was for Torrey after the Patriots game, it all enforced what I think of him as a person.

Great Leader, still disagree with the overly conservative approach (At times, and clock management (at times), but ya gotta take the good with the bad.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    I find it odd that Cam was the one pushing for the no huddle. Hes the OC if he wants it, shouldnt that be the end of it? Its kind of implying Harbaugh is sticking his two sense into the offense, maybe not to its benefit?

I think Harbaugh as a leader has and continues to be good and fair. As a player, i couldnt imagine a much better scenario, especially with how many stubborn coaches are out there. However, i dislike that our players get upset about practicing in pads after an ass kicking the week before. It may have led to a greater conversation, but the fact that they didnt want to strap pads on and got their way seems like they werent "embracing the grind".
    :word

What a great story! For Harbs to have that many Alpha-Male personalities in an Alpha Male sport and be open to critique in front of said players and staff speaks volumes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    Great story. People who doubt Flacco is a leader in the locker room, look no further than this:

"By meeting's end Flacco and linebacker Jameel McClain had given constructive speeches that helped bring the team together, and Harbaugh actually felt enriched by the experience. "

That part struck me too, I'd love to have been a fly on the wall for that one.

What a great time for the team to start to rally around one another.

I am far more impressed with this than the win in SD. This is far more the catalyst for a SB run than a win against a team what we, on paper, should have blown out.

This is the stuff that propels teams to a higher level.