The Schottenheimer effect

I know that at times we've won big games... however, more often than not, I can't help shaking the feeling I've seen this situation over and over again.... a coaching staff doing enough to look good during most games but we just wet the bed when we shouldn't.

2. Re: The Schottenheimer effect

Also known as the Schembechler Effect.

Hey, guess who Harbs' dad worked for?

Blog Entries

Re: The Schottenheimer effect

PoP HARBs didn't mind going to all those Rose Bowl games with Bo.

Most coaches will kill for Bo's resume with 10 Rose Bowl trips even though he was 5-12 in bowl games and while he never won the national title, He won the Big 10 title 10 times. He is 9th best ever in bowl appearances.

FROM WIKI:

Ten titles and made 10 Rose Bowl appearances. His 96–16–3 record during the 1970s was the best of any Division I coach. Schembechler led the Wolverines to a total of 17 bowl games, going 5–12 in 21 years, placing him ninth in all-time bowl appearances. He was voted national coach of the year in 1969 by both the American Football Coaches Association and the Football Writers Association of America.

No this is more like the Andy Reid Effect. Harbaugh learned all his choke maneuvers from his long time mentor in Philly.

Quote Originally Posted by rastaman831226 View Post
    No this is more like the Andy Reid Effect. Harbaugh learned all his choke maneuvers from his long time mentor in Philly.
    I'll bet that Harbs was one hell of a special teams coach. Time to get someone who knows how to be prepared from week to week to win big games.