Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Re: OT: Shooting at Chiefs facility

Lost in all of this was another suicide at a NFL team facility yesterday. Sad, strange day yesterday.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/ey...-team-facility

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Houston, while I get what you are saying, there's also something to be said if the man had a mental problem that went unchecked. I don't think he murdered his wife/girlfriend (I don't remember if they were married or not) out of sheer evil or pleasure. Mental disorders in this country are WAY overlooked and especially in a profession like sports, there's some underlying feeling like "if you come out and ask for help, you're going to be treated differently".

I don't know if that was the case here or not, and I'm not sure if that will ever be known...but I'm also not going to outright write this guy off as common scum.
    But the guy didn't pick up the closest thing he could find and beat his GF to death with it, which would be a spur of the moment thing. Either he had on his possession anyway a gun, or he went and GOT a gun, and then proceeded to shoot his GF in front of her mother. I just can't get myself into a mode of caring about the man or his mental state.

Blog Entries

According to PFT, he shot her 9 times.