Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: OT: Shooting at Chiefs facility

Sad, sad day for his family, the Chiefs and the NFL.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleApocalypse37 View Post
    The guy? They will play their hearts out for a murderer?
    Without knowing all the info it's hard to say.

But if my friend murdered his gf then came and committed suicide in front of me I don't think I would have any fond thoughts about him.
    360 tag: Ahhhhhhhhnold

Depending on the local ordinance and state law, suicide can be considered a crime in some region--especially in the western culture.

Regardless, this is rather a tragedy.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post

I mean technically he's a murderer as well as victim(?) of his own crime, tough situation. His baby lost both parents today smh.
    True. But he was their teammate ...maybe he was sick or something. Who knows the circumstances.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleApocalypse37 View Post

The guy? They will play their hearts out for a murderer?
    Valid point. Guess it depends on the situation ...no one really knows yet.

Blog Entries

All I know is this is fucked up. Fucked up!

Not even a football story, but a family tragedy. A 3 month old baby is left with no parents now because of this lowlife. :(

I'm having trouble feeling sorry for the player. If he was intent on killing himself, then just do that. Instead he kills his girlfriend, which now impacts HER family/friends/etc:, left a 3 month old baby an orphan now. And then purposely went to the facility and killed himself in front of coaches, which will scar them for the rest of their lives I'm sure. Not to mention the impact on the rest of the organization, the NFL, etc: Oh yeah, and not to mention HIS family as well who now have to deal with this.

He didn't just hurt himself. He did irreparable damage to a LOT of other people in the process. That is more the tragedy to me than this coward.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Or it could be an emotionally charged game where they play their hearts out for the guy.

?????? The guy KILLED his GF in front of her mother with a 3 month old child!!!! Then kills himself, the guy is scum noway around it. This isn't a football story a domestic tradegy. NO REMORSE THAT SLIME.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    I'm having trouble feeling sorry for the player. If he was intent on killing himself, then just do that. Instead he kills his girlfriend, which now impacts HER family/friends/etc:, left a 3 month old baby an orphan now. And then purposely went to the facility and killed himself in front of coaches, which will scar them for the rest of their lives I'm sure. Not to mention the impact on the rest of the organization, the NFL, etc: Oh yeah, and not to mention HIS family as well who now have to deal with this.

He didn't just hurt himself. He did irreparable damage to a LOT of other people in the process. That is more the tragedy to me than this coward.
    We still don't know his state of mind, so some of your statements might have been a stretch. He might not have planned to kill himself. And going to the team facility was probably because that was where he felt safe, they said he didn't pull the trigger until the police arrived. More likely he knew that he'd just fucked up real bad and couldn't face the consequences. Either way, I am inclined to agree. He killed his girlfriend in front of her mother and I am assuming their baby was in the home as well. No coming back from that.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post

?????? The guy KILLED his GF in front of her mother with a 3 month old child!!!! Then kills himself, the guy is scum noway around it. This isn't a football story a domestic tradegy. NO REMORSE THAT SLIME.
    If that is the case, then yea it is messed up. However, he was still their teammate and I guarantee you that there at least 2 or 3 guys who probably are sympathizing with him.

12. Re: OT: Shooting at Chiefs facility

I understand the outrage, but trying to put logical explanations behind his motivation is just the wrong way to evaluate the situation. Suicide goes against every natural instinct that has been engrained in the human psyche since birth. Regardless of the circumstance he was obviously mentally ill. Sane people simply don't do this. Easy to cast judgment using logic and rational thinking but it's probably fair to say that neither of those entered the picture for Belcher. This is a truly sad and tragic situation for everyone involved.