Cool Lookin Back 1970 Baltimore Vs The Bears

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...7011290clt.htm

I was looking at the boxscore from 11/29/70 -as it was the first NFL game I went to.
    That whole season (1970) seems to follow our current Ravens season.

Chicago (4-7) had a 17-0 lead in the first qt, and the Colts won it in the 4th qt 21-20 being the final score.

Johnny Unitas threw FIVE interceptions in the game, and was 23 for 40 for 258 yds (2 Td's and 5 Int's)
    Rushing was 25 attempts for 50 yards.

I did notice an error as it listed the starting time as 1 PM, and we were still at the Blue Law time of 2 PM.

And the Colts had a tie that season. Quite a few close games that season

Re: Lookin Back 1970 Baltimore Vs The Bears

tough to be a bears fan back then. they had Dick Butkus and Gale Sayers and didn't make the playoffs for something like 15 years, after being a model franchise in the early days. being in the same division with the Packers (and Colts) would do that.
    they had quaterback problems forever (Rudy Bukich? Jack Concannon?) when they finally returned to the postseason ex-Maryland Terp Bob Avellini qbd them (think Payton was on the roster)
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)