Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Roethlisberger Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    I disagree leach. When one considers the utterly abysmal percentage of rape cases the police are able to even charge someone over, the well publicized impropriety in the investigation by the police of both cases, and compound that by the well known difficulty of prosecuting a wealthy celebrity for just about ANY crime, I think his lack of charges is fairly meaningless and that there's an awful lot of smoke for there not to be any fire.

I think he's a rapist, at best he's sexually aggressive in a way that I find incredibly unethical. If he were a Raven I would go back to cheering for the Niners like I did before 1996 until he left town, and maybe longer considering what it would mean to this organizations ethics to keep a person like that on the team, just like I vowed to do when there were rumors swirling that the Ravens were interested in Michael Vick.

There are some athletes who's failings as people override my ability to see past them and continue to cheer for the laundry.
    SpamBot...to play devil's advocate, you could make the same argument about Ray Lewis. He WAS charged with murder, the charges were dropped in a plea agreement, but there's certainly a lot of smoke about the case still to make other fans wonder if he was more involved than the legal system decided he was.

And yet, we all look past that and cheer for him. Why? Because quite obviously, the man has turned away from whatever evils were around him. He's gone through hell and rebuilt his life. He's atoned.

Ben plays for a rival, so I'll never LIKE him. But, I think we can all admit, he's seemed to turn his life around from whatever ways he was before. I don't really think he outright raped anyone, though I might tend to think he was "aggressive" and probably carried on in ways that were not too smart or honorable. But, the man has gotten married and had a kid now. And we've heard less and less about him partying and doing anything stupid.

Let's just say he was QB for the Ravens. I think we'd absolutely forgive him like we did with Ray. Am I glad we don't have to worry about that what if, sure...assuming Flacco gets a bit more consistency. Do we still have things we can taunt him about? Absolutely. He's still a major drama queen and seems to develop these "painful" injuries that he always seems to play through and grimace like he's being stabbed in the kidney. But I think in this case, whatever happened with him, it isn't anymore.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

The facts of Ray's case are well documented and the likliehood that he was involved in the murders beyond being a witness who didn't cooperate with the police is slim to none. We've forgiven Ray for his mistakes in allowing people who would kill to be in his life.

As for what fans in general would do, yes, I think in general fans would embrace Ben the Raven. I was just giving my opinion which is that I can and will not support him in any context.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Are we absolutely sure that was a canine, and not just a female Steelers fan?

Quote Originally Posted by Beerracuda View Post
    Are we absolutely sure that was a canine, and not just a female Steelers fan?

<snickering>

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    prepared to <spit> and <swear> at any minute.. blame it on PMS!

NEW AVATAR! I GOT A NEW AVATAR!

He can't play this week so he's tryin' to kill us with kindness. lol
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Blog Entries
    Good idea if you're a career criminal like Rapistburger. Suck up to the cops as much as possible.

I am not gonna knock a guy for doing a good thing. Its nice that guys making millions of dollars give back a little to the community.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenMadness View Post
    <snickering>

Now that dog is MUCH cuter than any Steeler girl I've seen!! ;)

Some people must be smoking there lunch.

This a charitable foundation, no different than any other athletes foundation. It is run by a professional company that manages charities. In reading the eligibility requirements. Looks like a way to drum up fans for the Stillers.

"ELIGIBILITY: K-9 units of police and fire departments in Pittsburgh, PA and in the city of each regular season away game for the Steelers in the 2012-13 season are eligible. The 2012 cycle will also award grants to two cities anywhere in the U.S. that would not otherwise be eligible (must be non-NFL market cities) if the Steelers go to the playoffs."

http://www.givingback.org/downloads/RFP_2012_BRF.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post

He might be a dickhead when drunk, but I doubt he actually raped anyone. I am putting my neck on the line here as a Ravens fan.
    Dude, I know you are British and I actually enjoy your posts on here. But we just had us an election over here in the colonies where one of our political parties shot itself in the foot over comments made by 2 Senate candidates regarding the "legitimacy", etc. of rape.

No woman wants to be RAPED, even in a post-"50 Shades of Grey" world. Neither does any woman relish the ordeal faced by the plaintiff in a rape case (defense attorneys publically go over and after their lifestyle/sexual history like starving dogs - that's what they're paid to do). This is why many rape plaintiffs drop charges. Ben most likely had charges dropped in the GA case (and others I think, I'm no expert on Ben's off-field history) for precisely this reason. No woman would make even the initial accusation unless they experienced other than fully consensual sexual contact.
    Ben used his status to attract female attention and then behaved in ways that were not perceived by his accusers as fully consensual. The GA case w/ the drunk college kid I find particularly egregious, much as I found Bill Clinton and Paula Jones or Monica L. Pick on someone your own size, boys!!

I don't doubt that Ben behaved at least boorishly and quite likely criminally in his sexual assault/rape incidents. He has a history of being an asshole when out in public. It has permanently affected my perception of him and the desirability of his obvious football talents.

The thing w/ police dogs he has been doing for a while in every community in which he plays, and good for him.
    It is a worthy gesture even considering the obvious p.r. motivations that in part motivate it.

I'm glad I won't have to watch him tomorrow from Sec 527, for any number of reasons.

Sorry, guy, but the brother, husband, and father in me had to pipe up. GO RAVENS and peace out.

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    I disagree leach. When one considers the utterly abysmal percentage of rape cases the police are able to even charge someone over, the well publicized impropriety in the investigation by the police of both cases, and compound that by the well known difficulty of prosecuting a wealthy celebrity for just about ANY crime, I think his lack of charges is fairly meaningless and that there's an awful lot of smoke for there not to be any fire.

I think he's a rapist, at best he's sexually aggressive in a way that I find incredibly unethical. If he were a Raven I would go back to cheering for the Niners like I did before 1996 until he left town, and maybe longer considering what it would mean to this organizations ethics to keep a person like that on the team, just like I vowed to do when there were rumors swirling that the Ravens were interested in Michael Vick.

There are some athletes who's failings as people override my ability to see past them and continue to cheer for the laundry.
    I feel the same way. In fact there are a few Ravens that I stopped rooting for after certain facts came out about them. No need to mention names. Just think of DUI's and domestic assault and you'll know which guys I'm talking about.

12. Re: Roethlisberger Sucks

/agrees with thread title