Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
I disagree leach. When one considers the utterly abysmal percentage of rape cases the police are able to even charge someone over, the well publicized impropriety in the investigation by the police of both cases, and compound that by the well known difficulty of prosecuting a wealthy celebrity for just about ANY crime, I think his lack of charges is fairly meaningless and that there's an awful lot of smoke for there not to be any fire.

I think he's a rapist, at best he's sexually aggressive in a way that I find incredibly unethical. If he were a Raven I would go back to cheering for the Niners like I did before 1996 until he left town, and maybe longer considering what it would mean to this organizations ethics to keep a person like that on the team, just like I vowed to do when there were rumors swirling that the Ravens were interested in Michael Vick.

There are some athletes who's failings as people override my ability to see past them and continue to cheer for the laundry.
SpamBot...to play devil's advocate, you could make the same argument about Ray Lewis. He WAS charged with murder, the charges were dropped in a plea agreement, but there's certainly a lot of smoke about the case still to make other fans wonder if he was more involved than the legal system decided he was.

And yet, we all look past that and cheer for him. Why? Because quite obviously, the man has turned away from whatever evils were around him. He's gone through hell and rebuilt his life. He's atoned.

Ben plays for a rival, so I'll never LIKE him. But, I think we can all admit, he's seemed to turn his life around from whatever ways he was before. I don't really think he outright raped anyone, though I might tend to think he was "aggressive" and probably carried on in ways that were not too smart or honorable. But, the man has gotten married and had a kid now. And we've heard less and less about him partying and doing anything stupid.

Let's just say he was QB for the Ravens. I think we'd absolutely forgive him like we did with Ray. Am I glad we don't have to worry about that what if, sure...assuming Flacco gets a bit more consistency. Do we still have things we can taunt him about? Absolutely. He's still a major drama queen and seems to develop these "painful" injuries that he always seems to play through and grimace like he's being stabbed in the kidney. But I think in this case, whatever happened with him, it isn't anymore.