Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 25 to 36 of 38
  1. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    27,367
    Blog Entries
    3


    Quote Originally Posted by RavenusMaximus View Post
    I feel the same way. In fact there are a few Ravens that I stopped rooting for after certain facts came out about them. No need to mention names. Just think of DUI's and domestic assault and you'll know which guys I'm talking about.
    Albert McClellan?

    Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  2. #26

    Re: Roethlisberger Sucks

    Quote Originally Posted by RavenusMaximus View Post
    I feel the same way. In fact there are a few Ravens that I stopped rooting for after certain facts came out about them. No need to mention names. Just think of DUI's and domestic assault and you'll know which guys I'm talking about.
    Sergio Kindle?

    Involved in DUI's, few incidents in college and sued over unpaid loans

    A troubled soul. Or maybe just ridiculously immature




  3. #27
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    11,940
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Roethlisberger Sucks

    Quote Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
    He can't play this week so he's tryin' to kill us with kindness. lol
    It's called reverse psychology.

    UBER RAVENS FAN AND HISTORIAN GURU.




  4. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4,217
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Roethlisberger Sucks





  5. #29

    Re: Roethlisberger Sucks

    Ya know, after seeing that pic I'd avoid public restrooms for a while if I were Joe.




  6. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    8,956
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Roethlisberger Sucks

    Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    I disagree leach. When one considers the utterly abysmal percentage of rape cases the police are able to even charge someone over, the well publicized impropriety in the investigation by the police of both cases, and compound that by the well known difficulty of prosecuting a wealthy celebrity for just about ANY crime, I think his lack of charges is fairly meaningless and that there's an awful lot of smoke for there not to be any fire.

    I think he's a rapist, at best he's sexually aggressive in a way that I find incredibly unethical. If he were a Raven I would go back to cheering for the Niners like I did before 1996 until he left town, and maybe longer considering what it would mean to this organizations ethics to keep a person like that on the team, just like I vowed to do when there were rumors swirling that the Ravens were interested in Michael Vick.

    There are some athletes who's failings as people override my ability to see past them and continue to cheer for the laundry.
    It does go both ways though. Rich athletes are a prime target for women to get with then file a false rape claim in attempt to get a settlement. There are websites for women to track down and talk about pro athletes. IE, http://www.balleralert.com.




  7. #31

    Re: Roethlisberger Sucks

    Jason LaCanfora is reporting on CBS that Ben had no restrictions in practice this week and that Tomlin called him into his office on Friday to say that he needed to really practice or he'd rule him out.

    He was ruled out on Friday.

    Teammates are privately frustrated with Ben not making more of an effort to play.

    This could really fire up Pitt or they could fold.

    Stay tuned




  8. #32
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    8,956
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Roethlisberger Sucks

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post
    Jason LaCanfora is reporting on CBS that Ben had no restrictions in practice this week and that Tomlin called him into his office on Friday to say that he needed to really practice or he'd rule him out.

    He was ruled out on Friday.

    Teammates are privately frustrated with Ben not making more of an effort to play.

    This could really fire up Pitt or they could fold.

    Stay tuned
    Interesting




  9. #33

    Re: Roethlisberger Sucks

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker: M&T Sec 527 View Post
    No woman wants to be RAPED, even in a post-"50 Shades of Grey" world. Neither does any woman relish the ordeal faced by the plaintiff in a rape case (defense attorneys publically go over and after their lifestyle/sexual history like starving dogs - that's what they're paid to do). This is why many rape plaintiffs drop charges. Ben most likely had charges dropped in the GA case (and others I think, I'm no expert on Ben's off-field history) for precisely this reason. No woman would make even the initial accusation unless they experienced other than fully consensual sexual contact.
    Ben used his status to attract female attention and then behaved in ways that were not perceived by his accusers as fully consensual. The GA case w/ the drunk college kid I find particularly egregious, much as I found Bill Clinton and Paula Jones or Monica L. Pick on someone your own size, boys!! :
    Your "no woman" statement is overly broad. Crystal Mangum (Duke LAX) lied. There's a man still sitting in prison in VA after his accuser admitted she lied because VA has a "21 day" rule that doesn't allow a trial judge to consider evidence not presented within 21 days of conviction except for DNA. Lamar Owens's accuser (Naval Academy) probably didn't know what happened that night: she was extremely drunk.

    Most states, perhaps all, have laws which restrict the ability of defense attorneys to go after an alleged rape victim's past, sexual or otherwise. The Duke LAX defenders were denied using Mangum's previous psychiatric problems- including a previous dubious allegation of being raped- in pretrial hearings, and would have been denied had it gone to trial.

    I don't know if Roethlisberger is a rapist/sexual offender or not. As a Ravens fan, I laugh at "Rapistberge," but that's based on my fan bias, not on any evidence which shows even to a preponderance of the evidence that he warrants the label.




  10. #34

    Re: Roethlisberger Sucks

    To give you your link: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/ja...y-chose-not-to

    Well, he did say he hates playing the Ravens... Heh heh.




  11. #35
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    8,956
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Roethlisberger Sucks

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker: M&T Sec 527 View Post

    No woman wants to be RAPED, even in a post-"50 Shades of Grey" world.
    Where is your proof on that? I have proof that says otherwise.

    From 1973 through 2008, nine surveys of women's rape fantasies have been published. They show that about four in 10 women admit having them (31 to 57 percent) with a median frequency of about once a month. Actual prevalence of rape fantasies is probably higher because women may not feel comfortable admitting them.

    For the latest report (Bivona, J. and J. Critelli. "The Nature of Women's Rape Fantasies: An Analysis of Prevalence, Frequency, and Contents," Journal of Sex Research (2009) 46:33), psychologists at North Texas University asked 355 college women: How often have you fantasized being overpowered/forced/raped by a man/woman to have oral/vaginal/anal sex against your will?

    Sixty-two percent said they'd had at least one such fantasy. But responses varied depending on the terminology used. When asked about being "overpowered by a man," 52 percent said they'd had that fantasy, the situation most typically depicted in women's romance fiction. But when the term was "rape," only 32 percent said they'd had the fantasy. These findings are in the same ballpark as previous reports.
    http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/...t-do-they-mean




  12. #36
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    section 132
    Posts
    2,645
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Roethlisberger Sucks

    The d-bag is playing under a $100mil contract. Giving up a few g's for a dog is like one of us dropping a dollar in a salvation army cup. Sorry if im not ready to crown him mr philanthropist of the year.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland