Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Why Joe's the problem

I think if Joe Flacco did what Peyton Manning did (and Johnny U), Harbaugh would freak the fuck out at him whether they converted or not.

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleApocalypse37 View Post
    I think if Joe Flacco did what Peyton Manning did (and Johnny U), Harbaugh would freak the fuck out at him whether they converted or not.
    Then Joe should tell Harbs to go screw himself. Joe is suppose to be the leader of the offense and from what I can see is anything but. If he wants to en elite QB then he should act like one but I simply do not believe that the has the leadership trait.

Blog Entries

So Flacco isnt Manning (or Johnny U)... either is about 99% of QBs ever in the league. kind of hard to compare the two (or three).
    -JAB

The talent on offense is overrated. Period.

"He isn't man enough to do so." That line sums up your post, and the post of the thousands of drooling idiots that patrol the city of Baltimore waiting for the Ravens to lose so they have a chance to spit on Joe Flacco not only as a player, but as a person.

Who in the hell are you to decide someone's courage, manhood, whatever? You are a guy on the internet. You know nothing about what is happening on this team behind the scenes. You don't have the slightest clue what you're talking about.

I don't know what "the problem with Flacco" is, but I know what "the problem with people LIKE YOU" is. No matter how much you protest otherwise, for SOME reason, it simply appears that you hate him as a person. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, but I can't conclude otherwise. And there are THOUSANDS of people like you around this town. I've never been able to conclusively figure it out--why do so many people simply hate Flacco? Why do so many people constantly harp on how ugly he is, how stupid he is, how he doesn't have any balls, or whatever? It's one thing to hate on his play, but he's a member of this team and this community, yet he doesn't get accorded the basic respect that other Ravens seem to get no matter what they do or how bad they screw up on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    "He isn't man enough to do so." That line sums up your post, and the post of the thousands of drooling idiots that patrol the city of Baltimore waiting for the Ravens to lose so they have a chance to spit on Joe Flacco not only as a player, but as a person.

Who in the hell are you to decide someone's courage, manhood, whatever? You are a guy on the internet. You know nothing about what is happening on this team behind the scenes. You don't have the slightest clue what you're talking about.

I don't know what "the problem with Flacco" is, but I know what "the problem with people LIKE YOU" is. No matter how much you protest otherwise, for SOME reason, it simply appears that you hate him as a person. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, but I can't conclude otherwise. And there are THOUSANDS of people like you around this town. I've never been able to conclusively figure it out--why do so many people simply hate Flacco? Why do so many people constantly harp on how ugly he is, how stupid he is, how he doesn't have any balls, or whatever? It's one thing to hate on his play, but he's a member of this team and this community, yet he doesn't get accorded the basic respect that other Ravens seem to get no matter what they do or how bad they screw up on the field.

I agree with this statement. It is certainly one thing to knock Flacco's on the field play and his performance, but to judge him as a person and if he is man enough, certainly isn't fair. I think Flacco is man enough, but is perhaps under wraps by the head coach which could explain any visible signs you're seeing, but cannot account for what goes on in the locker room where we as fans have no idea what Flacco is saying/doing.
    Flacco may be part of the offenses problems, but to blame him solely for the it's failures is ridiculous. I'm by far a Flacco apologist, however its evident there are further problems than #5's struggles.
    Last edited by palukaraven; 12-03-2012 at 09:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RD52 View Post
    The talent on offense is overrated. Period.
    :word

Sadly, this sums it up.

What legit top-shelf players do we really have on offense? IMO...

* Ray Rice
    * Marshal Yanda

That's it.

Perhaps on their best days maybe we could also include:

* Joe Flacco
    * Torrey Smith
    * Vontae Leach (is actually top-shelf but as a FB his contributions are limited)

This is enough offense to win some games. It's also limited enough that we can't count on it as a team strength. We have some pretty big holes on our offensive line, and of course the whole clown car is weighed down by Cam Cam and his "Everyone Go Deep" offense. I remember that play from second grade recess.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Teavo View Post

Sadly, this sums it up.

What legit top-shelf players do we really have on offense? IMO...

* Ray Rice
    * Marshal Yanda

That's it.

Perhaps on their best days maybe we could also include:

* Joe Flacco
    * Torrey Smith
    * Vontae Leach (is actually top-shelf but as a FB his contributions are limited)

This is enough offense to win some games. It's also limited enough that we can't count on it as a team strength. We have some pretty big holes on our offensive line, and of course the whole clown car is weighed down by Cam Cam and his "Everyone Go Deep" offense. I remember that play from second grade recess.
    I don't think that the talent (overall) on offense is anything really different than several other teams, who are achieving offensive success.

The current talent just isn't being used to their strengths.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I don't think that the talent (overall) on offense is anything really different than several other teams, who are achieving offensive success.

The current talent just isn't being used to their strengths.
    :word thats why cam gotta go, there are teams in the league with less doing more, Tampa bay, greenbay is doing it without jennings and jordy nelson its time cam goes. He was good for flaccos first years of progressions but in order for flacxo to take the next step cam doesnt offer that.

Blog Entries

I think we can all now see why so many teams were willing to give up so much for an old beat up Peyton Manning. There just aren't too many QBs who can do what he can do. That doesn't mean that almost everyone else is complete crap because they will never be one of the all time greats.

Before giving up on Flacco we need to see him play under a different OC. Too many people from fans to analysts have issues with Cam Cameron. We need to see what Flacco can do with someone else. The Falcons felt the same way with Matt Ryan last year, brought in Dirk Koetter and Ryan is having the best season of his career. It's time to do the same thing here. Only then will we know if the problem is Flacco and not the offensive coaches and system.

Blog Entries
    Another bad game missing throws, critical interception and even worse fumble. He has regressed

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!