Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Why Joe's the problem

So we let Joe sign elsewhere and say screw him.

Then we're back to drafting another QB and signing someone like Henne off
    the scrap pile, the 3rd QB drafted in a little over a decade. Boller
    put us back 5 years and letting Joe go will do the same.

So then next year we face the Squeelers with a rookie Oz drafts at the bottom who
    will be even worse than Boller or Henne Sucks. If you don't like JOe, Just ask any Dolphin fan about Henne who was drafted after Joe in the same draft by Parcells.

They ran him outta town faster than we ran Shula outta town after SB 3 but that's
    the kind of QB we'll be stuck with.

NO thanks, we pay the piper and live and die with Joe and fix the o-line if there's
    any money left over.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 12-03-2012 at 10:30 AM.

Yesterday was a good example of a good defense getting a QB flustered. For Joe it just snowballed from there. His performance has been up and down this year. He was clearly out of sync with this receivers and took at least one unecessary sack when he should have taken off with the ball.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Another bad game missing throws, critical interception and even worse fumble. He has regressed
    Yeah. I think Flacco is better than average. But I don't think we should break the bank to keep him, especially after seeing the success all the rookies are having over the past couple years.

I still feel he's being held back by coaching, but his lack of pocket awareness, inability to escape pressure has me concerned we've seen the best he has to offer.

Blog Entries

Talk about pressure, any guesses at what grade Film Study will give the O-line - again?

My guess is not too good - again!

Last week on scout there was an entire thread entitled, SAVE THE SEASON, FIX THE
    O-LINE NOW.

How quickly everyone forgets how nice it is to have a settled QB situation. Flacco isn't a top 5 qb but does anyone remember the feelings every offseason after watching Blake, Redman, Boller, et. al.? Refreshing the Sun pages to see if we would end up with an aged Steve McNair? Hoping we would get lucky in the draft just once and score a serviceable starting QB? Literally caring about camp 90% just to hear how the QB battle was going and incredulously reading how Boller would still likely be the starter? Then going out to watch him fumble off his own feet, trip on phantom turf monsters, watch with horror whenever he dropped back, while simultaneously trying to defend him against the crazy fans in this town that seem intent on tearing apart anyone not in the Tom Brady / Peyton Manning category? I'll stick with Flacco thanks and realize that despite his flaws he's light years ahead of what we've seen out of the position.

Falcons had better justification getting a new OC. They couldn't win playoff games even when at home, did terrible offensively in their Playoff games, and thats after mortgaging their future on a stud receiver (Julio jones). Ravens have been to the AFCC twice and won on the road each year with "less". Yes, the Ravens should check for other OCs to take over since Cams contract is up, but that's not Cam's fault that flacco is under/overthrowing receivers. That roll-out play to jacoby jones was a great call and if flacco was more accurate would've probably iced the game before he threw the dropped pass to Doss (another good play) and afterwards fumbled. This was a team loss, I still like Flacco a lot and I think if the O line improves which I'm sure the next OC is going to want addressed before signing to ensure his system works, we'll be cool either way. Problem is potentially the D will regress more at expense of rebuilding the O since its hard to do both.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wash yourself View Post
    How quickly everyone forgets how nice it is to have a settled QB situation. Flacco isn't a top 5 qb but does anyone remember the feelings every offseason after watching Blake, Redman, Boller, et. al.? Refreshing the Sun pages to see if we would end up with an aged Steve McNair? Hoping we would get lucky in the draft just once and score a serviceable starting QB? Literally caring about camp 90% just to hear how the QB battle was going and incredulously reading how Boller would still likely be the starter? Then going out to watch him fumble off his own feet, trip on phantom turf monsters, watch with horror whenever he dropped back, while simultaneously trying to defend him against the crazy fans in this town that seem intent on tearing apart anyone not in the Tom Brady / Peyton Manning category? I'll stick with Flacco thanks and realize that despite his flaws he's light years ahead of what we've seen out of the position.
    I get being happy we have Flacco over all the others that have played for this franchise, but that doesn't mean we should be happy with average to just above average.

That'd be like saying "This job as assistant manager at Wendy's is so much better than being a dishwasher, a fry guy or the burger flipper, there is no way I would want to be a manager or own a franchise one day".

May not be the best analogy, but it's what came to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by wash yourself View Post
    That was my feeling for the first 3 years we had Flacco. Just being appreciative that we have talent and stabilty at the QB position because we've been starving for a good one for so long. However beginning with last year the honeymoon is over. Flacco needs to step up but part of that problem is that having Cam as his OC is a step down. I'm starting to believe we have serious philsophical issues with our offense. We're trying to run an Air Coryell one. Doesn't appear to be the right fit right now because it's too inconsistent. It's amazing we're 9-3 at this point. Talk about resiliency.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Another bad game missing throws, critical interception and even worse fumble. He has regressed
    You're right! Joe should have been catching all those passes, especially the one that was dropped for a TD... oh wait, maybe the recievers should be doing that. See how easy it is when you do this defending Cameron and the coaches?

Joe played bad, no question but the receivers did not help early.

Critical interception, you mean the one that was given right back by Batch?

The strip sack is not all him either, Oher blew the block and how Joe is supposed to see someone coming directly from behind and don't give the precense crap or feeling, they all fall prey to that, watch Suggs do that to Brady twice a couple of years ago in the playoff game. not to mention the poor routes for that play, do I still think Joe should have somehow kept hold of the ball, absolutely but I gurantee you that just about any QB in that situation is going to fumble it.

Earlier in the game in the 1st quarter he slid up in the pocket as he was being grabbed by 93 from Pittsburgh, bought himself just enough time to find Pierce and convert a 3rd down, his procket prescense can be debated a bit but to say he has none like many do is just wrong.
    Last edited by RavenMan; 12-03-2012 at 11:07 AM. Reason: typo

Flacco is a top 20 QB but that's about it. Too many bad decisions, too many bad throws, strings together multiple quarters where he looks terrible, poor pocket awareness, etc. Heck, he completed under 50% of his passes yesterday. That's horrendous. In general, too, he's just too lethargic. How many times is he sitting on the sideline (or worse, playing) looking glassy eyed and asleep? Do Rodgers, Brady, Manning, Roethlisberger, etc, etc, look that way? Hardly.

How has Caldwell benefited Flacco?

I'm not a Flacco basher but I just don't see the progression or where we're seeing the benefit of Caldwell's coaching of Joe. Even at a fundamental level. I thought Flacco was better last year at least through my eye test (have not looked at stats). Thoughts? Has Caldwell truly helped Flacco or has Joe hit his ceiling?

Blog Entries

Re: How has Caldwell benefited Flacco?

That's a very good question. I don't know if anyone can answer it because we only see the games. Has Caldwell helped Flacco in the film room or in practice or in preparation? He sure hasn't helped Joe's decision making.