Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Re: How has Caldwell benefited Flacco?

Hard to say. Teaching Joe the same mechanics and semantics as those Manning used probably isn't applicable to Joe, as each quarterback has their own learning and playing style. With that said, it seems as though Joe has been involved with more calls at the line of scrimmage this season, but other than this I personally don't see any change.
    As far as teaching Joe intangibles, I think Caldwell can only do so much, the rest is up to Joe.

Blog Entries

Good question and a hard one to say for sure. I think we could say where he hasn't helped him, but there are already 10 threads where that's being talked about.

I think Joe is trying a lot of new things this season. Unfortunately he hasn't been very successful.

I'm seeing more regression than progression, 2 years in a row under 60% pass completion, pocket awareness seems to be getting worse, making less plays with his feet, ball handling(play action, etc) is worse.

Quote Originally Posted by palukaraven View Post
    Hard to say. Teaching Joe the same mechanics and semantics as those Manning used probably isn't applicable to Joe, as each quarterback has their own learning and playing style. With that said, it seems as though Joe has been involved with more calls at the line of scrimmage this season, but other than this I personally don't see any change.
    As far as teaching Joe intangibles, I think Caldwell can only do so much, the rest is up to Joe.
    I assumed that was the case to push Joe into more leadership of this offense. It should be a no brainer in his
    5th year that he should/could/would have the ability to audible and should be given that freedom. But what about fundamentals, improved technique and mental eptitude? In other words, what tangibles are we seeing on the field that seem to be a direct influence of having Caldwell for Joe? Was Caldwell money well spent as a QB coach for Flacco?

Blog Entries

I wonder what caldwell has to say about the system? I mean how can he teach Joe things when Joe is in a system that is set up failure?

Blog Entries

Re: Why Joe's the problem

I'll book it to say if we get cordinator in here that runs a west coast spread offense we will SEE Joe flacco in the top 10. Book that shit! This croyell shit needs to go there is only 3 trees to the route this team runs, Deep ball to the sidelienes, out routes on the intermediate and curls and drags in the short, that shit is too easy to defend, there is no imagination, no substance to the offense, there is always just 3 wrs sets in the shotgun, there is no flooding the zones, no trips sets, no SLANTS, NO PICKS, NO RUBS, NO SCREENS OF ANY SORT, NO TRUE SPREAD FORMATION, THERE'S NOTHING BUT 3 WIDEOUTS RUNNING THE SAME THREE ROUTES ALL THE TIME!!!

Blog Entries

Honestly, I've never been convinced of Joe's deep accuracy, he is so often just a beat off in delivering the ball leading to it being underthrown and the receiver having to slow up and getting caught, or overthrowing the receiver. It seems to be a consistent problem and I'm not entirely sure why it's so prevalent.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Van Cleef View Post
    Honestly, I've never been convinced of Joe's deep accuracy, he is so often just a beat off in delivering the ball leading to it being underthrown and the receiver having to slow up and getting caught, or overthrowing the receiver. It seems to be a consistent problem and I'm not entirely sure why it's so prevalent.
    WELL when a defense knows what your going to do and with shit Oline its hard to make those throws.

Blog Entries

This is the Caldwell effect.

Casserly said Joe has improved this year because he's getting the ball out quicker and is more accurate. That was before last night but with all the pressure Piss threw at him
    it wasn't all his fault.

Game was lost in the trenches as usual.

Casserly was the Ozzie Newsome of the 90s giving Joe Gibbs all that SB talent and
    set up Houston as its first GM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    WELL when a defense knows what your going to do and with shit Oline its hard to make those throws.
    So does not stepping up into the pocket and holding on too long. When your receiver is streaking down the field with yards of separation I don't think you can blame that on the defense knowing what you are going to do because the play is still there to be made. The OL is a fair point but it's not an issue that improves in games where he has more time.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I think we can all now see why so many teams were willing to give up so much for an old beat up Peyton Manning. There just aren't too many QBs who can do what he can do. That doesn't mean that almost everyone else is complete crap because they will never be one of the all time greats.

Before giving up on Flacco we need to see him play under a different OC. Too many people from fans to analysts have issues with Cam Cameron. We need to see what Flacco can do with someone else. The Falcons felt the same way with Matt Ryan last year, brought in Dirk Koetter and Ryan is having the best season of his career. It's time to do the same thing here. Only then will we know if the problem is Flacco and not the offensive coaches and system.
    Too little too late. Thats exactly why they should have fired cameron two years ago. Now what do they do? Franchise Flacco next year and see how he does in another system? Or give him his contract and pray that he can improve in another system? What a mess.