Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1617181920 ... LastLast

Re: The "Flacco Thread" (Merged from 5 threads)

Are you talking about the play where the defender took Torrey's legs out from under him? If so that was clearly a comeback route by Torrey. You can tell by the way both Torrey and the defender broke on the ball. Just a terrible throw by Flacco. They talked about this on Ravens Wrap-up on WBAL.

Also Joe missed Torrey twice deep down the field. Torrey had a step on the defender both times. Joe just underthrew the ball.

Be careful where you tread TT Raven. Flacco is the second coming on this board. Flacco hallowed by thy name.

Quote Originally Posted by TTRaven View Post
    Are you talking about the play where the defender took Torrey's legs out from under him? If so that was clearly a comeback route by Torrey. You can tell by the way both Torrey and the defender broke on the ball. Just a terrible throw by Flacco. They talked about this on Ravens Wrap-up on WBAL.
    No, I'm not talking about that one. That was a high overthrow.

Also Joe missed Torrey twice deep down the field. Torrey had a step on the defender both times. Joe just underthrew the ball.
    I'm talking about these. One of them was a PI call. The other, Torrey was in the right slot. He went downfield and post. Joe threw the ball. Torrey just stops out of nowhere and turns around. The ball goes over his head even though Torrey tries to jump for it. If Torrey doesn't stop, he has a play on the ball.

His mechanics were terrible yesterday. Probably one of the worst games(mechanics wise) Joe has ever had. He threw off his back foot, didn't step into his throws, and didn't square his shoulders. Those issues resulted in the overthrows and under throws.
    Agreed. But he was not helped by drops either. Torrey dropped a touchdown pass too.

Quote Originally Posted by Poeboy View Post
    Be careful where you tread TT Raven. Flacco is the second coming on this board. Flacco hallowed by thy name.
    This crap is getting old and is unnecessary. Everyone needs to step back.

Quote Originally Posted by Poeboy View Post
    Says the member IN a thread that's a convergence of five different Flacco threads, all of which were highly critical of him and his play.

Wanna try again?

how is that a rookie QB is already more composed than a 5 year vet.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenray View Post
    how is that a rookie QB is already more composed than a 5 year vet.
    Talent combined with the right coaching.

That's what happens when your coaches design an offense specifically for your strengths. It allows you to be comfortable.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

I don't know if you guys are watching Eli, but he already threw what should have been a terrible pick, had 2 overthrows and an underthrow on a deep ball, and took a bad delay of game penalty.

I guess the Giants will be benching him and signing Alex Smith this offseason, huh?

Winning two SBs buys an awful lot of credibility and a very long leash...

Quote Originally Posted by redmike34 View Post
    Winning two SBs buys an awful lot of credibility and a very long leash...
    Yeah, I'm just kidding. Eli's fine.

But, interestingly enough, he was definitely NOT fine his first 5 years in the league. He only broke an 80 QBR once, despite a ton of offensive talent around him, and cost his team a ton of games each year.

The Flacco comparisons have already been made quite a bit, so I won't make them again, it's just a reminder to not give up on a guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    That's what happens when your coaches design an offense specifically for your strengths. It allows you to be comfortable.
    That's the correct answer.

I'd only add that game planning and play calling helps too. WAS kept NYG's front 7 off balance most of the evening.
    How many carries did young Alfred have btw?

edit: He was 22 for 124 @ 5.6 per
    We might need 32 carries between our RBs.
    Last edited by BigPlayReceiver; 12-04-2012 at 12:01 PM.

32 starting QB's in the NFL

Flacco is 13th in yards/game
    Flacco is 20th in QB rating
    Flacco is 24th in completion %
    Flacco is 19th in TD's