Page 1 of 13 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. The "Flacco Thread" (Merged from 5 threads)

Watching Drew Brees and Matt Ryan this evening has got me thinking (which is always dangerous):

1) Is Joe a top 10 QB? top 15?
    2) If the answer to one of the questions above is "yes," does a franchise tag make any sense? (more of a rhetorical question)
    3) What do we do if we let him test the FA market, and someone is willing to pay him "above market?"

Re: What is Joe worth?

Not this again...

Joe will get a long term contract here. I don't care if people consider him a top 10 or 15 QB. I really don't care how much he's paid. As long as it doesn't kill our salary cap. Joe will not see free agency.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Worth...less. According to some and the NFL media.

Why not - get a bargain for a QB that has the ability to win a SB - regardless if he's thought of as elite or not. I say talk him down some more! :lol:
    Self appointed Ravens SuperFan in the southern hemisphere/New Zealand.

Blog Entries

I see joe getting 100 mil over 6 years.

I see more like 7 years 110-115. Worth every penny because at some point, the cap is going to blow up and 17 million is going to look like a steal for a franchise QB.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

$.02

but he's gonna get paid ;)

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    $.02

but he's gonna get paid ;)
    I like it. But his going to get top 15 paid money, he's just average Joe.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    I see more like 7 years 110-115. Worth every penny because at some point, the cap is going to blow up and 17 million is going to look like a steal for a franchise QB.
    I could see that also. The only reason I say 6 years is because I think Joe will want to setup another big contract before he retires. That's just my speculation though. 7/110-115 wouldn't surprise me.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    I see joe getting 100 mil over 6 years.
    Likely.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

10. Re: What is Joe worth?

Joe will get paid more than "market" value whatever that is. What's the alternative? Joe may or may not be "elitie", but we can win a Super Bowl with Joe. Unless you can guarantee a replacement who is as good or better, we have to pay him. I get frustrated with the sub par performances on the road, but also wonder what would have been if Joe came out in 2003 instead of Kyle.

The first rule of negotiation is that you should always be willing to walk away from the table. Otherwise, we'd pretty much have to give him the keys to the castle.

12. Re: What is Joe worth?

Quote Originally Posted by Coastergenius View Post
    The first rule of negotiation is that you should always be willing to walk away from the table. Otherwise, we'd pretty much have to give him the keys to the castle.
    I don't disagree, but if Joe walks away from the table, does he get keys to another castle.