Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1415161718 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: How has Caldwell benefited Flacco?

One of the big concerns I have on Flacco is that he has actually regressed in the same system since 2010. In 09 and 2010 he really did look like a future elite QB the way he was playing, decent completion percentage, barely threw interceptions, and threw for more than 20 TD's in both seasons. Last season he looked lost at times, and this year is going down a very similar road.

iggyman555 Guest

they smoke blunts b4 the game together...joes tolerance increased tremendously

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    One of the big concerns I have on Flacco is that he has actually regressed in the same system since 2010. In 09 and 2010 he really did look like a future elite QB the way he was playing, decent completion percentage, barely threw interceptions, and threw for more than 20 TD's in both seasons. Last season he looked lost at times, and this year is going down a very similar road.
    He also had McKinnie Grubbs Birk Yanda Oher.

This years Oline is a freaking joke. They brought McKinnie in a few times and he man handled Harrison.

Not bad for a RUNNING BACK!!! Now that is funny.
    #FIREROMAN

Merged the five separate Flacco threads into one ....

Carry on ....

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post

Carry on ....
    Thank GOD!!

Not bad for a RUNNING BACK!!! Now that is funny.
    #FIREROMAN

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post

Carry on ....
    Good move. lmao

iggyman555 Guest

Re: What is Joe worth?

Moved: Joe Flacco is going to have to use his legs more.
    Started by The Excellector, Today 02:11 PM

oh damn i thought you were gona talk about how joes needs to stick his foot up cams ass or kick harbage in the chin for keeping cam...sigh

I just can't help but comment on how after ANY loss, ANY loss, much less an ugly WIN, you can REST ASSURED there will be a Flacco thread, it will have dozens and dozens of posts, and a lot of them will be about how excited a lot of fans are to see Flacco screw up.

The defense gives up just shy of 300 yards to Charlie freaking Batch, including 10 unanswered points sandwiched around halftime, 2 for 2 TDs in the red zone, and a 6 minute drive to ice the game. They LITERALLY DON'T COVER ANYBODY in the middle of the field. Yet no thread.

Something like 7 dropped passes altogether from the other skill position players... nobody open downfield literally the WHOLE GAME... and yet no thread.

I understand he's the QB and his mistakes are magnified, but COME ON, people. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    I just can't help but comment on how after ANY loss, ANY loss, much less an ugly WIN, you can REST ASSURED there will be a Flacco thread, it will have dozens and dozens of posts, and a lot of them will be about how excited a lot of fans are to see Flacco screw up.

The defense gives up just shy of 300 yards to Charlie freaking Batch, including 10 unanswered points sandwiched around halftime, 2 for 2 TDs in the red zone, and a 6 minute drive to ice the game. They LITERALLY DON'T COVER ANYBODY in the middle of the field. Yet no thread.

Something like 7 dropped passes altogether from the other skill position players... nobody open downfield literally the WHOLE GAME... and yet no thread.

I understand he's the QB and his mistakes are magnified, but COME ON, people. Seriously.
    Cosign! All these "Cam needs to Go" when the DC is responsible for scheming and game planning a 38 year old 3rd string QB. pittsburg would have possibly won by at least 10 if Batch didnt over throw a wide open Wallace in the end zone and Sanders didnt fumble on his own with no contact! All those 3rd down conversions and drive extensions allowed Pitts number 1 D to rest, stay fresh, and tee off on Flacco and company. Regardless whether we win or lose there's always those fans that are just looking for a reason to bash flacco, cam, or Harbs. That's just how it goes lol

Torrey Smith was open at least 4 times downfield. One he dropped, three or more he had to turn into a DB to save Flacco an INT. He also was open when Flacco sailed one over his head allowing the defender to undercut his legs and make him land on his shoulder (one of several back foot floaters in the game).

As certain as there will be criticism of Flacco after a loss (because we rarely if ever lose when he plays remotely well, unlike a lot of other QBs in the league), there will be someone insinuating that if not for "drops" (always exaggerated and also something that occurs across the league), Flacco would have looked great.

Not many people are saying the defense played well. They didn't. But the "defense" isn't up for a potentially crippling contract after the season. There is not wide-ranging disagreement regarding the quality of the "defense." The defense, while worse than normal this year, is not an enigma.

Almost everyone realizes that the defense could have won the game with better play. But a lot of people are resistant to admitting that Flacco could have won the game with better play. Hence the heated discussions.

The QB = magnified. Inconsistent, puzzling QB (performances) = more magnified. Said QB entering FA = epic magnification.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavensQB View Post
    He also had McKinnie Grubbs Birk Yanda Oher.

This years Oline is a freaking joke. They brought McKinnie in a few times and he man handled Harrison.
    Actually no.. in 2010 his line was terrible.

Oher-Grubbs-Birk-Chester-Yanda

Yanda had to move to RT because of Jarred Gaither's BS. McKinnie was still a Viking at the time and was getting Favre killed on every play that year.

The 2009 offensive line was much better though I'll give you that...

Gaither-Grubbs-Birk-Yanda-Oher

That's the kind of Oline I wish we had right now.

We actually had this conversation after the Eagles game. You made roughly the same comments about the defense, I made roughly the same comments about Flacco's performance.

Bottom line for me is this: both close losses in which the Ravens won the turnover battle.

That makes two games this year that the Ravens have lost while winning the turnover battle. I'm sorry, but I'm not buying that a game you lose while winning the turnover battle is the fault of the defense.

Check out the table at this link, and ponder Flacco's fumble rate with respect to other QBs:

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com...ootball/19786/

Bottom line: I don't think Flacco is the only one to blame, but this loss was more down to offensive incompetence than defensive incompetence. The Steelers only scored 23, which actually happens to be very close to the average # of points the Ravens give up at M&T this season (21.8 ppg surrendered through six games). The reason they didn't win is that the offense failed to put up close to its home point average, or even overall average.