Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New OC? Who?

Re: New OC? Who?

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    As much as people love bitching about the offense, do you guys have any idea how many bumps and bruises we'll have to endure AGAIN for multiple seasons while we switch systems?

We finally have an offense that can be unstoppable, all we have to do is tweak our road game plan to match our home performance and we're a top 3 offense. Hell, we already have a top 10 scoring unit. We're close. We need a tweak, not an overhaul.
    Yeah it's as if the Ravens are 2-9 and NOT 9-2 and very closely 10-1. Plenty of football left and plenty of time for the offense to hum better on the road which is hard for ALL NFL teams. If the D can improve, so can the O.

Blog Entries
    As much as people love bitching about the offense, do you guys have any idea how many bumps and bruises we'll have to endure AGAIN for multiple seasons while we switch systems?

We finally have an offense that can be unstoppable, all we have to do is tweak our road game plan to match our home performance and we're a top 3 offense. Hell, we already have a top 10 scoring unit. We're close. We need a tweak, not an overhaul.
    Probably not as many as you'd think.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

How many bumps and bruises did the 49ers have when Harbaugh came in? It seems to me like they immediately got better on offense.

Chan Gailey

Quote Originally Posted by yahoomas View Post
    “There are lots of systems, there are tons of systems,” Moore said. “But the trick is no systems, the trick is players and making sure you take something that the players can do and not get into, ‘Well, this is mine and this is what we’re going to do.’ It’s what’s best for the players.”
    This guy sounds like the anti-Cameron!

What a refreshing change that would be. Play to your players' strengths.

OK, but what if pigs COULD fly . . . .?

Guys, Cam leaves when he gets an HC spot. Until then, he is our penance for our sins in past lives. Me? I raped nuns and burned orphanages. Or was it raped orphans and burned convents? Anyway, how many 9-2 teams dump their OC?

Blog Entries

Blog Entries

Ideally the game plan i would want would be to run the ball 50-60% of the time.

As was posted in another thread boldin isnt getting any younger which leaves us with smith and the no-names at WR (is no names fair?)

I want to run it when people know we are going to run it, cause chaos with it and release flaccos long balls to jacoby and torrey onthe fake.

You can set up to get massive yardage with average RBs, what could you do with ray rice.

Far too much 2 yard losses and then 3rd and long with cams run game.

So a clever, run heavy OC would suit me fine. Jim harbaughs offense in Stanford was a thing to behold imho.

Thoughts?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by houstonravensfan View Post
    OK, but what if pigs COULD fly . . . .?

Guys, Cam leaves when he gets an HC spot. Until then, he is our penance for our sins in past lives. Me? I raped nuns and burned orphanages. Or was it raped orphans and burned convents? Anyway, how many 9-2 teams dump their OC?
    We need to speak to whoever leechisabeast has quoted on his sig. Otherwise i agree, cam ent going nowhere

Blog Entries

weve been trying to tweak it for 4 years now. Square peg meet round hole style. Not saying we cant win with it, we certainly can. which is why we wont be getting rid of Cam whether hes getting the most out of these players or not. results are results and being a top 10, iirc 7th offense?, its hard to argue that we need to switch it up. Personal opinion a guy like Norv would be improvement over cam, but if they get rid of Cam itll be because we werent successful offensively and theyll likely be looking in a different direction all together.

Id just like to run more short routes, crossing patterns and trips bunch formations. anything that helps get our WRs some separation without requiring them to be herculean with their physical abilities. In other words the exact opposite of we typically do now.
    -JAB

Most people are mentioning OCs to fix the passing game. I think we need an OC to fix the running game. Harbaugh clearly wants a run heavy grind em out offense. The problem with the current OC is that he can't deliver to Harbaugh's philosophy. He tries to deliver and that is why we see long periods of stagnant offense. The team needs to get an OC out of the Shanahan Kubiak tree that can truly teach the zone blocking attack. If this offense had a strong running game that consistently picked up 4 yards on first and second down it would make the QB look much better. Right now the offense struggles to impose it's will. The oline has not gotten better under Cam. Teams do not need to sell out to stop the run. You could get Bill Walsh and if he had to follow Harbaugh's offensive philosophy it would not work. It is not that Harbs philosophy is wrong it is just square peg in a round hole with Cam. This team will continue to be ugly unless Harbaugh gets someone in there who can deliver on his philosophy.

Blog Entries

Harbaugh is not going to have an OC who isn't already one of his buddies. That puts the 2 guys who will fired from the Browns, Shurmur and Childress at the top of the list. I could also see Harbaugh reaching out to Marty Mornhinweg who will be fired like the rest of the Eagles staff after this season.

Switching to a west coast style offense would not be a bad thing for Joe Flacco. He would have more options and it would force him to get rid of the ball quicker.