Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New OC? Who?

Blog Entries

New OC? Who?

This article got me wondering:
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...coach-openings

All head coaches who's name's are on the chopping block, so to speak.

We've been complaning and complaning about Cam and rightfully so, so WHO do you want the Ravens to take a look at? The leading name in threads has been Norv Turner, even I admit it was enticing, however he hasn't done squat either AND uses the ancient AC system that doesn't work here. He's a Cam v2 except maybe a hair smarter and MAYBE can make better in game adjustments, however I think it'll still be the same ol.

So what say you? Elevate a certain QB coach already on the team, or take a run at one of these other guys? And this is just offensive, yes we see who's there and who we'd like defensively.

Blog Entries

Re: New OC? Who?

Personally I pay Billick whatever it would take to get him back here as OC, but next would be Mularkey.

Blog Entries
    If they move on from Cam, then they should just move on altogether from the air coryell.

I do think Jim Caldwell is the most likely candidate to take over though.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

I sure as hell don't want Caldwell. And Wiz is on this list seriously? He's been great in Arizona, they've just had injuries this year.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    If they move on from Cam, then they should just move on altogether from the air coryell.

I do think Jim Caldwell is the most likely candidate to take over though.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    do you not have reservations in that he's never been an oc?

6. Re: New OC? Who?

The Colts ran a modernized version of the AC under Tom Moore throughout Peyton Manning's time there--nothing wrong with that offense.

And Tom Moore would be my 1st choice, but he's retired.

Norv is a mediocre head coach with a great offensive mind who's had success with the Redskins, Cowboys and Chargers--at least offensively.
    Don't judge what the Chargers offense is this year. They've been hit by free agent defections and injuries pretty hard on their offense this season--kind of like us with our D. But most of all, Rivers seems to have just lost it somehow--Jake Delhomme disease maybe?

So, Norv's my 2nd choice.

After that my choice would be anybody decent from the Parcell's/Belichek coaching tree, and nobody from Andy Reid's coaching tree (we want Rice & Pierce to be integral to our offense.)

I don't understand why anyone would want Norv? Cam and Norv run the same system!! Why would you replace one guy for another with same mindset? How can you bitch about Cam and say I would want Norv?
    Hating Steeler Fans Since Birth

Section 126, Row 33

Lets Go Flacco :happyanim

Isn't there two other open threads about this very topic?

Quote Originally Posted by Rayvens52 View Post
    I don't understand why anyone would want Norv? Cam and Norv run the same system!! Why would you replace one guy for another with same mindset? How can you bitch about Cam and say I would want Norv?
    Because Cam doesn't run a true AC system.

Norv has a great track record as OC running the AC and the AC system, IMO, is a great way to counter the zone blitz scheme the Steelers run.
    Last edited by HoustonRaven; 11-29-2012 at 07:27 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    do you not have reservations in that he's never been an oc?
    Of course I have reservations.

Listen guys, I'd love to see Sean Payton say he's tired of being a Saints HC and come take over the Ravens offense, but that isn't likely at all.

Jim Caldwell has a year with Flacco under his belt, has been around one of the greatest QB's to ever play the game, and has worked with some great coaches. Caldwell wouldn't be my first choice, but I don't think he'd be a terrible choice either.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

The thing about Caldwell is, he's never been an OC, so I don't know if he would be good at it or not. If you are going to go with an "unproven" you have to look at some of the young line coaches or WR's coaches coming up, just as hard as you would a Caldwell or Norv Turner.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rayvens52 View Post
    Norv won 3 SB's with his system. Cam hasnt won shit.

Blog Entries

The idea that Cameron runs his version of it like he's in the dark ages, doesn't mean that he's running it the right way or that every disciple of the system runs it the same way. That is part of the reason why they liked Joe Flacco, because the system plays to his strengths. That Cameron isn't running it properly or effectively, shouldn't be an indictment of the system.

Tom Moore ran a variation of it in Indianapolis. Who would be opposed to the Ravens maintaining the same system and coaxing Tom Moore out of retirement?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore