Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: New OC? Who?

Re: New OC? Who?

I'm leaning toward the "run heavy" school enunciated above. BUT . . . That means we need a new OL coach (probably) and some better OL personnel (definitely).

If you HAD to have one of our OL guys win a one-on-one against a tough D lineman, who would you choose? Yanda, sure, but who else?
    Birk? Never.
    Jah? Ha-ha.
    KO? MAYBE next year . .
    Oher? Sometimes.

And who are our developing OL men of the future? Gino? Harewood?

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Harbaugh is not going to have an OC who isn't already one of his buddies. That puts the 2 guys who will fired from the Browns, Shurmur and Childress at the top of the list. I could also see Harbaugh reaching out to Marty Mornhinweg who will be fired like the rest of the Eagles staff after this season.

Switching to a west coast style offense would not be a bad thing for Joe Flacco. He would have more options and it would force him to get rid of the ball quicker.
    I would say it would probably be Andy Reid before Morningweg, unless he gets a job in San Diego or something.

I was going to say Andy Reid, with Harbs eagle connection you wonder if Reid would be interested.

So folks want Andy Reid, who has never been an OC anywhere over Norv, who has three Super Bowl rings as OC, is widely regarded as an offensive genius and could slip right in to the current system?

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    So folks want Andy Reid, who has never been an OC anywhere over Norv, who has three Super Bowl rings as OC, is widely regarded as an offensive genius and could slip right in to the current system?

Andy Reid has been the de-facto OC for the Eagles until 2007, when he ceded playcalling over to Marty.

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    Andy Reid has been the de-facto OC for the Eagles during his entire tenure. He is their playcaller.
    And that helps his case?

If we add his name to the list of potential OC's at the end of the season, he's pretty far removed from the top in terms of offensive success.

iggyman555 Guest

Madden 2005 West Coast Offense

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    And that helps his case?

If we add his name to the list of potential OC's at the end of the season, he's pretty far removed from the top in terms of offensive success.
    I didn't say anything about how good he was. I was just refuting the fact that you said he had never been an OC anywhere.

I will throw this question out.
    Does anyone have knowledge of a great offensive mind in the college ranks that is ready for a move to the NFL?
    Someone who runs the no huddle?
    But has his receivers run a host of routes and formations to help the receivers gain separation???
    We have the skill players. We need to improve our offensive line.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens44 View Post
    I will throw this question out.
    Does anyone have knowledge of a great offensive mind in the college ranks that is ready for a move to the NFL?
    Someone who runs the no huddle?
    But has his receivers run a host of routes and formations to help the receivers gain separation???
    We have the skill players. We need to improve our offensive line.
    Not sure how I feel about taking a college coach and turning him into an OC (or that any successful college HC's would take a coordinator job...even if it's in the pros unless they were following another college HC to the pros).

But one guy I always liked was Jeff Tedford who just was fired stupidly by Cal.

I don't know about his work with WR's, but he has been a magician with QB's and turned some mediocre/bad QB's intpo high draft picks...from Trent Dilfer to Akili Smith to Joey Harrington to our very own Kyle Boller to Aaron Rodgers. The man knows QB's and how to get the best out of them.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    I would say it would probably be Andy Reid before Morningweg, unless he gets a job in San Diego or something.
    I don't think Reid will take an OC job. He's been a head coach way too long. He's going to try and get another head coach job this year. He's not going to take demotion. He'll probably get a TV job if no one one is interested in him as the head guy. It's similar to what Coughlin went through after he was fired by the Jags.

Discussed this a couple of months back and still like Joe Lombardi. Marty or Brad make sense though. I could live with Brad.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver