Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Looks like we get Nantz/Simms this weekend.

For those us out of town, this is a relief. After Fouts last week I was afraid I was going to be subjected to Diedorf this week. Looking at the coverage maps, this is practically a national game. Hope Joe lights it up this weekend.

Blog Entries

Re: Looks like we get Nantz/Simms this weekend.

Simms is more of a fan for the Ravens and specifically Joe Flacco, we will have some good commentary for us for once, unlike Dierdorf or Collinsworth (both Steeler lovers).

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Simms is more of a fan for the Ravens and specifically Joe Flacco, we will have some good commentary for us for once, unlike Dierdorf or Collinsworth (both Steeler lovers).
    I actually like Collinsworth. Yes he polishes Ben's Balls... but it's usually well deserved and at least Collinsworth gives Ravens credit when credit is due.

Usually Fouts is decent. We just got a bad draw last weekend when he called his home game. Usually he's better than that. But that changes my view of him for the future for sure. Dierdorf makes me hate football. I cry for the days of Michaels and Madden. I'm also glad we don't have to hear Gus Johnson (or is it Ian Eagle?) send Dwyer to the NFL HOF after caring two Ravens 160lb CBs on his back for two yards on a 3rd and 1.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RedSkins Fury View Post
    I cry for the days of Michaels and Madden. .
    I really miss watching games with Michaels and Madden.

Blog Entries

I actually like Collinsworth. Yes he polishes Ben's Balls... but it's usually well deserved and at least Collinsworth gives Ravens credit when credit is due.

Usually Fouts is decent. We just got a bad draw last weekend when he called his home game. Usually he's better than that. But that changes my view of him for the future for sure. Dierdorf makes me hate football. I cry for the days of Michaels and Madden. I'm also glad we don't have to hear Gus Johnson (or is it Ian Eagle?) send Dwyer to the NFL HOF after caring two Ravens 160lb CBs on his back for two yards on a 3rd and 1.
    Yeah I don't mind Collinsworth, he's really good at bigging the Ravens Steeler SNF games up, but he does take the Steelers side more times than night, but he is clearly a fan of Ozzie Newsome and co.

I like Brian Billick when he covers us, in the Cowboys game he was clearly so biased towards us, he didn't even criticize us much and we played so badly on defense hahahaha.

I hate to disagree with you but when Collinsworth is calling a Steelers game, he uses the word "Brilliant!" to describe a 3 yard dump off pass by Ben. It's not quite as bad as Dierdorf, who I swear is playing with himself in the booth when Ben is making nice plays.. But still.

Thankfully Nantz doesn't call football like he does golf. Tiger Woods sinks a two-footer to save par. "SIMPLY MAJESTIC!"

Nice part of having season tix is I could care less who is calling a home game. The only verbal entertainment we get in the stands is Burping Brucie and his, "It's.... THIRD DOOOWN"

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I like Brian Billick when he covers us, in the Cowboys game he was clearly so biased towards us, he didn't even criticize us much and we played so badly on defense hahahaha.
    Yeah, I love Billick. It's too bad he only does NFC for Fox and we get him maybe once a year. Unfortunately, I didn't hear the Cowboys game on TV... I was listening in the car on a road trip. I don't think I would want them to change up Michaels and Collinsworth at this point. I think that a lot of what is cool about MNF is that it has standard and tradition. I'm used to hearing those two guys work together every Monday night. But I wonder what Michaels and Billick would be like doing MNF?

I also like Tirico. I think he has become the Al Michaels of ESPN. Very even and professional.

Yeah, I love Billick. It's too bad he only does NFC for Fox and we get him maybe once a year. Unfortunately, I didn't hear the Cowboys game on TV... I was listening in the car on a road trip. I don't think I would want them to change up Michaels and Collinsworth at this point. I think that a lot of what is cool about MNF is that it has standard and tradition. I'm used to hearing those two guys work together every Monday night. But I wonder what Michaels and Billick would be like doing MNF?

I also like Tirico. I think he has become the Al Michaels of ESPN. Very even and professional.
    Tirico is very good. Can't stand Gruden, everyone is his favorite player.

Collinsworth, Billick and Simms are the best IMO.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

Billick is good, however the other guy (can't remember his name) he is usually paired with is not.

Tirico, I like except for one thing, every big play is "unbelievable"

Nance and Simms are probably the best combo right now. At least it's not Fouts or Dierdork.

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    Collinsworth, Billick and Simms are the best IMO.
    I'd add Michaels to your list.

Those are the four best names on TV -- all even handed, knowledgeable and entertaining.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I'd add Michaels to your list.

Those are the four best names on TV -- all even handed, knowledgeable and entertaining.
    Yeah, Collingsworth laughing and remarks on Sanchez's "butt fumble" had me rolling.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Billick is good, however the other guy (can't remember his name) he is usually paired with is not.
    Thom Brennaman. He is pretty forgettable.

We never get him, but I always get a kick out of Goose as a sideline reporter.