Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: The OFFICIAL Steelers - Ravens (12/2) Game Prediction Thread

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    "A close game"
    Oh, come on and guess a score. :)

Ravens 13
    Steelers 3

We won't light them up because - like the game at PIT - we won't be trying to. The game plan will be, again, do not do anything remotely risky, put up a few points, and let their woeful backup QB fail.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Blog Entries

It's at M and T people.

31-10 Ravens.

We average 36 at home. We won't get to that, but it will be comfortable.

Blog Entries

This will again be close, as these contests usually are. 20-16 Ravens.

Keep in mind that we squeaked by them 13-10 last time and they're getting Polamalu back it looks like. They also lost by a mere 6 points after 8 turnovers so that goes to show how good that defense is. That said, I would welcome a blowout but I think the Ravens won't put up a lot and the Steelers offense will be horrendous.

Ravens 17
    Steelers 6

Blog Entries

Troy Polamalu being back will help the Steelers, but we'll have to see if he can hold up the entire game. This is almost an 'all hands on deck' situation for the Steelers. Troy Polamalu is expected to play, as is Antonio Brown, and Ben Roethlisberger will give it a shot.

I think that if the Ravens try to make this a ball control game, they will be making a mistake. If they come out trying to force feed Ray Rice, they will struggle. This is a game where they need to show some adjustments from the way the Steelers played their passing offense two weeks ago. Pitta is back and that should help them to use the middle of the field more.

If I were John Harbaugh, I would employ the same strategy that I did in the opener last year, as far as the passing offense is concerned.

This one is tough for me to predict, because I don't have a good feel for what type of strategy Harbaugh will employ.

Either way, I see the Ravens winning this one at home.

If Ben were there, I could see the Steelers eeking one out in the end, if the Ravens try the 'control the clock', slow tempo approach that ends up keeping the score close. However, even if they use that tactic this time around, I don't think Ben will be in there to make the difference in the end.

With the way the Ravens defense is starting to come together, Pittsburgh might need 20 to win and I don't see them getting to twenty. Nor do I see them holding the Ravens offense to 20 or less at M&T.

As to what I think they 'should' do, I think that they should be respectful to Pittsburgh's defense. Screens do not, have not and will not work against them. However, I don't think that they should coach scared of Pittsburgh's defense. Especially, not at home. Don't be afraid to open up the offense, because Rice is likely going to have a tough day running the ball.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

I don't know what to expect on the scoreboard but I would be very surprised to see Troy Polamalu making positive plays for their defense. First game back from a nagging injury and he hasn't played for nearly a year. He looked like shit the last two games we played them.

Much more confident in this game being at home

Troy was a lot healthier last year in M and T and was a non factor other than this, neither was he much effective in Heinz Field last year. Let's see if he can hold up for a whole game.

Lamarr Woodley is probably not going to be playing.

I have to believe that losing Pitta on the first series of the game altered the gameplan significantly, and he'll be playing.

Hopefully they find a way to get Torrey the ball this game.

28-17 Ravens

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Troy Polamalu being back will help the Steelers, but we'll have to see if he can hold up the entire game. This is almost an 'all hands on deck' situation for the Steelers. Troy Polamalu is expected to play, as is Antonio Brown, and Ben Roethlisberger will give it a shot.

I think that if the Ravens try to make this a ball control game, they will be making a mistake. If they come out trying to force feed Ray Rice, they will struggle. This is a game where they need to show some adjustments from the way the Steelers played their passing offense two weeks ago. Pitta is back and that should help them to use the middle of the field more.

If I were John Harbaugh, I would employ the same strategy that I did in the opener last year, as far as the passing offense is concerned.

This one is tough for me to predict, because I don't have a good feel for what type of strategy Harbaugh will employ.

Either way, I see the Ravens winning this one at home.

If Ben were there, I could see the Steelers eeking one out in the end, if the Ravens try the 'control the clock', slow tempo approach that ends up keeping the score close. However, even if they use that tactic this time around, I don't think Ben will be in there to make the difference in the end.

With the way the Ravens defense is starting to come together, Pittsburgh might need 20 to win and I don't see them getting to twenty. Nor do I see them holding the Ravens offense to 20 or less at M&T.

As to what I think they 'should' do, I think that they should be respectful to Pittsburgh's defense. Screens do not, have not and will not work against them. However, I don't think that they should coach scared of Pittsburgh's defense. Especially, not at home. Don't be afraid to open up the offense, because Rice is likely going to have a tough day running the ball.
    That day when we beat them so bad, the first play was ironically a huge run by Rice, and it was the run game that set up the pass that day. Rice had over 100 yards.

Ravens 19
    Steelers 10

Tucker makes 4 field goals.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens44 View Post

Tucker makes 4 field goals.
    My prediction is similar.. I think Tucker gets 3-4 FG's. Steelers defense is good at stifling long drives..

And lets not forget just how terrible of a shape their O-line is in right now, even worse than 2 weeks ago.