Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Raiders parting ways with Rolando McClain?

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Don't know what some of you have been seeing, but even on a crappy team, Rolando has been having a solid year, especially as a run defender.
    Everything I've read and heard about him from people who do watch most of Oakland's games has been that he isn't having a good year.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

FWIW.....

Jason La Canfora‏@JasonLaCanfora
    Rolando McClain and Raiders Coach Dennis Allen had a heated exchange early in practice I'm told. Ended with McClain booted from field...

which explains his Tweets and the fallout. Allen has said he is not sure if McClain will be allowed to practice Thurs. no further comment
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

iggyman555 Guest

ill take him, thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    FWIW.....

Rolando McClain and Raiders Coach Dennis Allen had a heated exchange early in practice I'm told. Ended with McClain booted from field...

which explains his Tweets and the fallout. Allen has said he is not sure if McClain will be allowed to practice Thurs. no further comment
    Interesting.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Yeah I'd take him. Would've taken Babin too but he didn't even make it down to us. Doubt McLain will either.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    Yeah I'd take him. Would've taken Babin too but he didn't even make it down to us. Doubt McLain will either.
    This I'd love to get McClain but I don't see it being possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    You wouldnt have wanted Babin. Hes a 4-3 DE, only succeeds in the 9-technique. Hes a one trick pony and sucks against the run and the pass.

Would be an upgrade over our McClain, so yes absolutely interested. Will it happen? No, unfortunately. He's only 23 too

Blog Entries

Seriously, anytime anyone is ever cut, released, or available I know dollars to donuts there will be a thread on it here no matter HOW improbable the signing.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Seriously, anytime anyone is ever cut, released, or available I know dollars to donuts there will be a thread on it here no matter HOW improbable the signing.
    Babin was a stretch and a horrible idea for us at that.

Rolando McClain, maybe... hes a great idea however with all of these teams needing linebacking help - not so sure if he'll pass waivers... his contract is hefty though.

I still cannot for the life of me figure out why EJ Henderson is not on anyones radar or a team for that matter.

He had over 100 tackles last season, 2 sacks and 3 FF. Hes only 32... W T F?

Blog Entries

Hey guys remember Ozzie likes his bama guys though haha.... there is no way in hell he's worth 10 million dollars though no way in hell.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Hey guys remember Ozzie likes his bama guys though haha.... there is no way in hell he's worth 10 million dollars though no way in hell.
    Would you rather pay ~6 million next year for Ray or 10 million for Rolando?

I could see it possibly working out... we pay 10 million and have him the rest of this year and next. He had 5 sacks, ~100 tackles, 14 PDef last season. We cut our current McClain, give his contract to Dannell Ellerbe(something like a 2 year 7 million). Thatd be a pretty solid LB core.

Rolando's only 23 as well.

Im reaching
    Last edited by landspeed; 11-29-2012 at 02:39 AM.