Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Ravens Near Mutiny / Yahoo Story

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Well, as the resident President of the Anti-Harbaugh League, it is good to see him and the team come together. Obviously I don't know all the players gripes, practice etcetera, but it shows me that the players likely have some of the same gripes I do about coach Harbaugh.

And for what it is worth, I hope I eat my words and see John hoist the Lombardi trophy, but all this doesn't translate into a title. The group hug is nice and all, but if we are on the road in the playoffs and the offense shits the bed like it has, this article, this thread, and all the fuzzy feelings mean shit.
    LOL wasn't it you who was complaining about Harbaugh not giving Flacco the game ball last year, and now your gonna complain about "group hugs"?

Oh BTW, did you not see Flacco got the game ball after the Chargers game? hahahaha.

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

Not saying there's a serious analogy here, but after I read the linked article and some of the phrases (e.g., "They now see a coach who treats his players like men and has their backs publicly..."), I start to get a sense of deja vu and Billick's run with the team to the Super Bowl. Obviously the team has a different make-up and personality/chemistry, and Billick inserted his ego and leadership of the team in his own manner, but a la the 2000-2001 Ravens, could we be watching a team of "destiny" march to a big W in Super Bowl XLVII in 2013 in New Orleans?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Beau Petard View Post
    Not saying there's a serious analogy here, but after I read the linked article and some of the phrases (e.g., "They now see a coach who treats his players like men and has their backs publicly..."), I start to get a sense of deja vu and Billick's run with the team to the Super Bowl. Obviously the team has a different make-up and personality/chemistry, and Billick inserted his ego and leadership of the team in his own manner, but a la the 2000-2001 Ravens, could we be watching a team of "destiny" march to a big W in Super Bowl XLVII in 2013 in New Orleans?
    Please don't attract the doomsday gloomers.

Blog Entries

I'm actually kind of glad that this happened. This team has a lot of talent, but a lot of the players were really failing to execute. They needed this as a way to basically call each other out.

Every single person from the most HOF worthy player to the UDFA barely hanging onto a roster spot needed called out.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

In a way, by Harbaugh handling this so maturely, it puts the onus on the players to handle it the same way. If the players want to dish it, to a coach that's actually willing to take it, there is no reason for them to not take it as well. They can't just say that the coach is over authoritative, because he's actually listening and making changes.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    In a way, by Harbaugh handling this so maturely, it puts the onus on the players to handle it the same way. If the players want to dish it, to a coach that's actually willing to take it, there is no reason for them to not take it as well. They can't just say that the coach is over authoritative, because he's actually listening and making changes.
    Agreed that's leadership 101 you don't tell someone what to do. Harbaugh is basically saying hey I'm not perfect and what do you think we need to change to the players. That's what I would want from any type of leader. Last thing anyone wants to hear is how you messed up and what you need to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SugarRay52 View Post
    Are you one of those fans who are waiting for this team to fall apart and say I told you so?

No, he's not. Not by a long shot. I don't agree with PP on this one, but he's most certainly not that kind of fan.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Well, as the resident President of the Anti-Harbaugh League, it is good to see him and the team come together. Obviously I don't know all the players gripes, practice etcetera, but it shows me that the players likely have some of the same gripes I do about coach Harbaugh.

And for what it is worth, I hope I eat my words and see John hoist the Lombardi trophy, but all this doesn't translate into a title. The group hug is nice and all, but if we are on the road in the playoffs and the offense shits the bed like it has, this article, this thread, and all the fuzzy feelings mean shit.
    That was my first thought. Im glad the players and coaches settled their differences and we are winning. But i think its obvious that it was more than just taking issue with the padded practice and that there were deeper issues involved. Everybody is friends when the team is winning, but what happens if we get blown out by Manning and lose the #2 seed or get bounced from the playoffs again in heartbreaking fashion? Do the same issues come back to the surface and what are the ramifications of that?

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

b-hawk--
    Points well-taken.

FWIW, though, coaches coach, players play, etc. IMHO, Harbaugh sounds as if he's done the "right thing" with his response(s) in the team meeting, but he also has to be cognizant of the "don't let the inmates run the asylum" issue as well. If the Ravens do get blown out by Manning, a fair-minded look needs to be taken to determine if the coaches did their job or not, AND if th eplayers did theirs (or not). I honestly don't see the Ravens getting bounced from the playoffs, but IFF that awful scenario occurs, I suspect there will be some serious finger-pointing.:girlfight

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    LOL wasn't it you who was complaining about Harbaugh not giving Flacco the game ball last year, and now your gonna complain about "group hugs"?

Oh BTW, did you not see Flacco got the game ball after the Chargers game? hahahaha.
    He had a thought out post with a personal speculation. Then goes on to say that he hopes we DO win the superbowl, but like other people he has problems with this coaching staff. He finished it by saying something that we can all agree on that this offense, with the way it has played, will take us no where.

And you follow up with attacking him and nitpicking at little things he says? Just checking.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I'm actually kind of glad that this happened. This team has a lot of talent, but a lot of the players were really failing to execute. They needed this as a way to basically call each other out.

Every single person from the most HOF worthy player to the UDFA barely hanging onto a roster spot needed called out.
    And, they respond by having 1 ok offensive outing and 2 very bad ones? Im guessing theyre still failing to "execute."

Yes, the issue with this offense is "execution." Right. Several different players, multiple years later and people are still going with "execution."
    Last edited by landspeed; 11-28-2012 at 11:05 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post

No, my problem is giving a game ball to an inept offensive coordinator over a QB that engineered a Montana/Elway-esque 4th quarter win over the hated Steelers. I know you are related in mind to Harbaugh but really, I am stating obvious logic without purple sunglasses.

Furthermore, this nonsense that Harbaugh is forcing Cam to be conservative is laughable the way all former Cam QB's blossomed after he was out of their pictures. Hell Harbaugh admitted last year that he didn't attend offensive game plan meetings!

And I go on the record saying Ray Rice should get the game ball. 4th and forever??? Gimmie a break, if he goes down game over. Hell, I'd have given Tucker the ball before Flacco.

Quote Originally Posted by ballhawk View Post
    That was my first thought. Im glad the players and coaches settled their differences and we are winning. But i think its obvious that it was more than just taking issue with the padded practice and that there were deeper issues involved. Everybody is friends when the team is winning, but what happens if we get blown out by Manning and lose the #2 seed or get bounced from the playoffs again in heartbreaking fashion? Do the same issues come back to the surface and what are the ramifications of that?
    Exact-a-fuckingly.

Winning cures all, that goes for the Ravens and any other team led by pretty much any other coach.