Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Ravens Near Mutiny / Yahoo Story

I think Harbaugh is a very good HC. He runs a tight program. I don't necessarily agree with his offensive philosophy but I do think he does a great job of leading the team.

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    First off, every coach has a "doghouse" for those that aren't practicing hard, are out of shape, late for meetings or miss assignments in games.

It's not a "grudge" if you are allowed out of the doghouse if you do what is expected of you - see Le'Ron McClain, Ellerbe and McGahee. For others who don't - Gaither, McKinnie - it's also not a "grudge" because they never started doing what you were supposed to be doing.
    I AGREEEEEEEE
    Bullsheeeeet

"I've got a rule: I never, ever, ever hold a grudge," Harbaugh said. "And I kind of have a rule that nobody else is allowed to hold a grudge, either. There are no grudges. We're a bunch of guys. We don't hold grudges. Right? We move on."

Not bad for a RUNNING BACK!!! Now that is funny.
    #FIREROMAN

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrian View Post
    Reminds me of what Coughlin did actually - reconcile his hard headed style with getting his locker room back together.

What has he got his team to do in the last few years? Two Lombardis.

If Harbs can emulate Coughlin, I could not complain.
    Great point.

I was going to say if Reed thinks HARBs has a tough camp and practice, he should see Coughlin's who has the hardest
    two a days in the NFL but he's a great one. I didn't know Coughlin had that meeting too.

Shula had tough camps and practices too and so did Weeb. When McCafferty followed Shula, Matte and the guys
    called him Easy Rider but he won the SB too, just like Billick with Camp Cream Puff. Shannahan also ran the same camp
    so much can be said about both extremes.

Im sure Reed liked Billick's practices better but I always loved putting the pads and helmet on at my lowly organizational
    level. Five of us trained all summer long in pads and helmet in extreme heat running up that big hill at Woodbourne Jr Hi to make our hi school team at City. Only one made the team
    but we had a blast.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 11-28-2012 at 06:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    This is scary. It sounds like these are issues that have been boiling over for a while now and it just erupted. To Harbaugh's credit, he handled it well. I am just hoping whatever was going on is behind them.
    I agree.

I would also like to know what unnamed player was being quoted in the article.

I'd bet good money it wasn't a seasoned vet.

Things will stay calm until this team sees a losing streak.

If this team happens to go on a losing streak we'll see just how therapeutic this incident really was.

PP

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Great article, but I have to call BS on this Harbaugh quote:

Harbaugh most definately has a doghouse, which I would equate to holding a grudge.
    Of course you would call BS on that.

What would happen to your Bryant McKinnie theories if it *GASP!* weren't true!?
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    I think Harbaugh plays favorites. He elevates guys he likes and sidetracks guys that he doesn't like. That could be due to real or perceived lack of effort during practice by players or due to the personality of certain players. My point is that some decisions that Harbaugh makes IMO are not based on performance on the field, but on very subjective criteria. I guess every coach does that to a certain extent, but I read from Harbaugh's quote that he bases his actions on objective criteria, which I disagree with.
    Prove it.

You keep claiming this, but you've still yet to really prove that a guy would rather play lesser caliber players than win. I know you're not "exactly" saying that, but it is what you're implying when you say things like Harbs only plays the guys he likes.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    I agree.

I would also like to know what unnamed player was being quoted in the article.

Things will stay calm until this team sees a losing streak.

If this team happens to go on a losing streak we'll see just how therapeutic this incident really was.

PP
    Are you one of those fans who are waiting for this team to fall apart and say I told you so?

Quote Originally Posted by SugarRay52 View Post
    Are you one of those fans who are waiting for this team to fall apart and say I told you so?
    It's so tempting to name a few for you right now........

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    I'd take that bet.

Who else would be surprised by Harbs' actions besides a player who has been around him a while?

How / why would a newer player have an insight on this new side of him?

Quote Originally Posted by SugarRay52 View Post
    Ugh.

This F'n board.

PP

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I'd take that bet.

Who else would be surprised by Harbs' actions besides a player who has been around him a while?

How / why would a newer player have an insight on this new side of him?
    Someone could be surprised from training camp till now.

We'll never know though.

PP

Blog Entries

Well, as the resident President of the Anti-Harbaugh League, it is good to see him and the team come together. Obviously I don't know all the players gripes, practice etcetera, but it shows me that the players likely have some of the same gripes I do about coach Harbaugh.

And for what it is worth, I hope I eat my words and see John hoist the Lombardi trophy, but all this doesn't translate into a title. The group hug is nice and all, but if we are on the road in the playoffs and the offense shits the bed like it has, this article, this thread, and all the fuzzy feelings mean shit.